Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
i have taking it to the dealer numerous times for the same type of noises and they said its a factory noise nothing really wrong with the car if something bad happens besides noises then to bring it in. Im glad Im not the only one. Hopefully this gets fixed for all of us.
Sponsored

Skillman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
My other two Rā€™s donā€™t make the noise. Iā€™ll report back when done.

Skillman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350R
I picked up the R tonight and it seems theyā€™ve fixed the mysterious rattle. The tech says the old shield was bent towards the engine block causing the rattle at ~4000 rpms. I posted the part numbers previously. I hope this is helpful to others experiencing this noise.

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Talking about a metallic vibration/buzzing noise...

I have noticed this type of noise coming from somewhere left of the car (A pillar, driver door, corner of dashboard etc) when I take a right hand corner and it is colder (40s or below) outside.

Anybody has any ideas about this one?

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
The spacer plate between the block and transmission is a known source of rattling. You can simply take a center punch and hammer and apply some dimples in it near the bottom to cure this. I've done it several times on cars.

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
It sounds like ā€˜Skillmanā€™ is referring to a starter index plate.Itā€™s a metal plate that goes between the block and bellhousing. Skillman.... is that it???
Your signature makes me laugh....

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat (that is until the wife finds out) ;)

H6G

IN OMNIA PARATVS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Your signature makes me laugh....

Fortis Fortuna Adiuvat (that is until the wife finds out) ;)
Nope.... that deal ended a while back. Canā€™t say that I miss her :cheers:

Life is Good...... However, finding the right ā€˜flying companionā€™ is trickier than I thought. :D

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
Could be your issue
This has a really good chance of being it. I tested the part in the video on my car and sure enough it makes a similar rattle to what I hear. Once I get the chance to fix it I will find out!

Thanks a lot!

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
No problem. Took me a few days to find after I read your post. The guy who makes these videos is pretty thorough. Dollars to donuts, that is the buzz that you hear. I have it too.

Sponsored

fpa1974

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350R
No problem. Took me a few days to find after I read your post. The guy who makes these videos is pretty thorough. Dollars to donuts, that is the buzz that you hear. I have it too.
I got the amplifier out. Very tight spot under the dash. A few tips not mentioned in the video: make sure you disconnect the OBD port and remove it from the car, also for the hood release lever the best way to remove it is a thin walled 10mm socket that you press in (needle nose pliers will not get you anywhere).

Now I am waiting on the sound deadening material I ordered to put the whole thing back. I will report when the car is back in one piece.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
I need to speak to this guy is he on the forums?

Mjc1241

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Reese
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Not sure but I believe his contact info is on his YouTube Page.

OP
OP
ducatismo

ducatismo

Ducatismo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
UPDATE, the car has been at the dealership for two weeks now and they've been only able to determine that the noise is related o the engine or transmission. Either a issue between cylinders 3 and 4 or perhaps an issue with flywheel/clutch. Frustrating that it's taken them so long to get only this far. Service rep mentioned possible engine replacement. Really, 9k miles, never tracked and may need a new engine? You got to be kidding me.

Last edited:

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
Posts like these make me nervous keeping this car past warranty period.... I was planning to not sell it and just add to the stable.
Sponsored