Sponsored

Stopping the hop essentials

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
I'm thinking ahead to my next install, which will include lowering springs and either of these two, I don't know much about suspension systems in general so any input is appreciated.

Which one would be more beneficial to stopping wheel hop?

Marcus, the Steeda STH kit addresses and tackles the wheel hop issue completely with the correct tire choice respecting. If you are going to be drag racing I would suggest running the Steeda STH enthusiast kit which will include the Rear LCA bearings. Nonetheless, both kits are competitively priced and the best kits on the market.

Not to mention, our kit is featured on the Fastest short time cutting S550 on the planet (Lund's car) with a 1.18 sixty and also on the internet breaking Fastest NA 2018+ mustang (Silver Bullet) that runs a 10.31 @ 133 with a 1.4x sixty consistently.

On top of this, if you send me a PM I will hook you up with forum pricing to take full advantage of the kit and the best price around.
Sponsored

OP
OP
PGMarcus

PGMarcus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Marcus, the Steeda STH kit addresses and tackles the wheel hop issue completely with the correct tire choice respecting. If you are going to be drag racing I would suggest running the Steeda STH enthusiast kit which will include the Rear LCA bearings. Nonetheless, both kits are competitively priced and the best kits on the market.

Not to mention, our kit is featured on the Fastest short time cutting S550 on the planet (Lund's car) with a 1.18 sixty and also on the internet breaking Fastest NA 2018+ mustang (Silver Bullet) that runs a 10.31 @ 133 with a 1.4x sixty consistently.

On top of this, if you send me a PM I will hook you up with forum pricing to take full advantage of the kit and the best price around.
Denzel.gif

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I have put over 40K miles on RLCA bearings and I wouldn't trade them for anything @Grimace427

The only NVH I have ever noticed an increase with is sharp surface changes...like bridges, etc. Its more of a thud than the RLCAs absorbing them.

I've done them twice and they are neat but not worth the expense and NVH for a daily driver in my opinion especially when the basic kits do such a great job already.

OP
OP
PGMarcus

PGMarcus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
I've done them twice and they are neat but not worth the expense and NVH for a daily driver in my opinion especially when the basic kits do such a great job already.
Thanks, I'll start out without the RLCAs and see if I'm satisfied. I just want the car to feel tighter and my wheels not to jump when I pull. I do plan on taking it to the track but not often enough at this point to sacrifice drivability.

Jigar@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Thanks, I'll start out without the RLCAs and see if I'm satisfied. I just want the car to feel tighter and my wheels not to jump when I pull. I do plan on taking it to the track but not often enough at this point to sacrifice drivability.
The bearings aren't so much on sacrificing driveability, but more or so adding a tad bit of NVH. The benefits that are provided with drag racing running the bearings far over weighs the tad bit of NVH that you will pick up.

Sponsored

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I don’t think you can go wrong with either kit as they’re both designed to eliminate wheel hop. My suspension mods were chosen with performance in mind while adding as little NVH as possible. Even though the added amount of NVH (subjective) may be minor, the juice wasn’t worth the squeeze in my case. To me, it sounds like a set of springs, quality dampers, and either Steeda’s/BMR’s kit will be what you’re looking for. You’re more than welcome to go for a ride in my car to see exactly what you’re in for

akl777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Akhil
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic Ecobeast PP 2016
@PGMarcus , @Grimace427 & @ModularKid21 I use a 2016 Ecboost PP for daily driving and I'm going through a pretty bad Hop starting at 25mph speed and a droning noise between 63 to 68mph.
I'm from the Rockville, Maryland area and have made numerous trips to the local FORD dealer. They say they notice it but after a few days get back saying everything is under the ford recommended limit. They say it's common for a car @ 38k miles :facepalm:
I've changed all the four tires to all season Pirellis and still no use.
Could you recommend if any of the above essential kits would resolve my issue ? If you have any recommendations for performance shop around the DMV area, that helps too.

Currently out of options at the dealer and don't see any solution for the issue.

Thank you.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
@PGMarcus , @Grimace427 & @ModularKid21 I use a 2016 Ecboost PP for daily driving and I'm going through a pretty bad Hop starting at 25mph speed and a droning noise between 63 to 68mph.
I'm from the Rockville, Maryland area and have made numerous trips to the local FORD dealer. They say they notice it but after a few days get back saying everything is under the ford recommended limit. They say it's common for a car @ 38k miles :facepalm:
Could you recommend if any of the above essential kits would resolve my issue ? If you have any recommendations for performance shop around the DMV area, that helps too.

Currently out of options at the dealer and don't see any solution for the issue.

Thank you.

You are getting wheelhop starting at 25mph? Can you elaborate with this? Are you driving at 25mph then suddenly hitting the throttle and getting wheelhop?

First step in my opinion is getting rid of the all-season pirelli tires as they are doing you no favors. The droning noise you are experiencing may be tire related as well but no way for anyone over the internet to be certain of that.

akl777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Akhil
Vehicle(s)
You are getting wheelhop starting at 25mph? Can you elaborate with this? Are you driving at 25mph then suddenly hitting the throttle and getting wheelhop?

First step in my opinion is getting rid of the all-season pirelli tires as they are doing you no favors. The droning noise you are experiencing may be tire related as well but no way for anyone over the internet to be certain of that.
Sure...The stang starts shaking at the steering and the drivers seat starting at 25 mph. It seems to be like a wobble or a hop coming from the rear side of the car and it is really weird.

I was told it was my original Summer perf Pirelli that went bad and it was causing this at the Ford dealer so I switched to Michelin Pilot sport AS3+ at Sams club. Then the droning noise at 75-80mph started. So I got the alignment and wheel balancing done atleast thrice at NTB to see if the noise would go away. That didn't resolve the issue. So I went back to Sam's and had the tires replaced with another Michelin Pilot sport AS3+ batch feeling the first set could be a bad batch. Still had the droning issue which was super annoying.

So requested the Sam's folks to replace one last time and they suggested I go with a different brand so went to the Pirelli All seasons instead. Now the droning noise is much better but at another speed 63-67mph. :clap:

Checked the wheel bearings, alignment and balancing. Everything was good when another mechanic checked. Not sure whatelse I could do ?

OP
OP
PGMarcus

PGMarcus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)

Thank you.
Wheel hop is mostly related to hard acceleration from a standstill, so if your car starts hopping at 25 mph then that's not wheel hop, sounds like something my be wrong with your suspension or transmission. If you're still in warranty try a different, if you keep going back to the same one they're going to keep telling you the same thing. Don't tell the other dealership what they said either just let them look at it and make their own determination.

akl777

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Akhil
Vehicle(s)
Wheel hop is mostly related to hard acceleration from a standstill, so if your car starts hopping at 25 mph then that's not wheel hop, sounds like something my be wrong with your suspension or transmission. If you're still in warranty try a different, if you keep going back to the same one they're going to keep telling you the same thing. Don't tell the other dealership what they said either just let them look at it and make their own determination.
Thanks PGMarcus. The vehicle was under the 36k mile warranty when they first looked at the issue. Now it's at 38k miles since I stopped driving the car because of the wobble/vibration. I agree with you that it is hopping at normal acceleration on regular roads and not hard acceleration.
I have the extended service plan from FORD so it's a 100 deductible for any repair I guess.

Planning to try Koons at Sterling since that's the dealer I've bought but I'm willing to go the distance if there's a good engineer/dealer around that you guys recommend.

Just need to get this issue resolved since i've been trying to fix it since the last couple of months and dealer got back saying may be it's time for a new car.
Sponsored