2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I'm curious to see what others say as well.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I'm thinking ahead to my next install, which will include lowering springs and either of these two, I don't know much about suspension systems in general so any input is appreciated.

Which one would be more beneficial to stopping wheel hop?
To be real with you I think you'll get the usual mixed responses. And I think it'll depend on if you're installing yourself because those RLCA in the BMR kit are gonna cost you labor wise and/or time. But I suggest the CB005 over the the stage 1 lockout kit.

Also the RLCA bearing requires you to drop subframe and you'll have to do that to install the subframe lockout kit and rear lowering springs so it's advised to do all that at once. I'm going through the same process so that's how I'm aware of this.

OP
OP
PGMarcus

PGMarcus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
To be real with you I think you'll get the usual mixed responses. And I think it'll depend on if you're installing yourself because those RLCA in the BMR kit are gonna cost you labor wise and/or time. But I suggest the CB005 over the the stage 1 lockout kit.

Also the RLCA bearing requires you to drop subframe and you'll have to do that to install the subframe lockout kit and rear lowering springs so it's advised to do all that at once. I'm going through the same process so that's how I'm aware of this.
My car is going into the shop, so I'm just going to let Bill over at Burnt Mills do it all while my car is sitting around. This is my daily driver so I'm not going to dick around with the suspension or engine unless it's something as simple as a bolt on.

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
My car is going into the shop, so I'm just going to let Bill over at Burnt Mills do it all while my car is sitting around. This is my daily driver so I'm not going to dick around with the suspension or engine unless it's something as simple as a bolt on.
When is your install? Was thinking about going there as well.

But just to give you an idea just for the RLCA bearings I've been quoted from 390 to 600 to do. And I hit up Bill when I got mine and his price was in the middle. That's why I said if you don't mind the cost for it then get everything done at once. I had a similar post last week with my intended mods. The concensus was if you are doing anything requiring dropping the subframe ...do it once.

Last edited:

Sponsored

OP
OP
PGMarcus

PGMarcus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marcus
Vehicle(s)
When is your install? Was thinking about going there as well.

But just to give you an idea just for the RLCA bearings I've been quoted from 390 to 600 to do. And I hit up Bill when I got mine and his price was in the middle. That's why I said if you don't mind the cost for it then get everyone at once. I had a similar post last week with my intended mods. The concensus was if you are doing anything requiring dropping the subframe ...do it once.
I haven't set everything up yet, waiting for a call back from my insurance. I'm hoping before the end of the next month, I know they said they were real busy at the body shop. Let me know how it goes if you get it installed before me.

ModularKid21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘15 GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have subframe lock outs, subframe braces, vertical links, and the subframe bushing supports from Steeda and the wheel hop is 95% gone from what I remember (haven’t driven the car is about 2 months) The last time I really drove the car hard, it had the factory Pirelli’s on and they were worn out. But when the weather warms up and the pilot super sports go on, I think that’ll finish off any existing wheel hop

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
The BMR kit you linked is definitely the best "package" you will find in terms of return on investment.

For similar pricing, the BMR kit above addresses (3) primary locations instead of just (1). Not only does it eliminate most of the IRS Subframe movement on all planes, but it also addresses the massive deflection at the RLCA and additionally provides you with a nice set of Vertical Links.

My vote is the BMR "Biscuits and Gravy" kit. Although I am bias, it does address the key areas of deflection which will lead to better performance.

Good luck!

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I opted for the Steeda Stop The Hop kit.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

If it's a daily driver skip the RLCA bearings. The BMR CB005 and the Steeda kits do an amazing job at quelling wheelhop without sacrificing ride quality. Not only are the bearings expensive to install they are also significantly louder than just the subframe isolation kits.

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
I have put over 40K miles on RLCA bearings and I wouldn't trade them for anything @Grimace427

The only NVH I have ever noticed an increase with is sharp surface changes...like bridges, etc. Its more of a thud than the RLCAs absorbing them.

LethalBlake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150
The BMR kit you linked is definitely the best "package" you will find in terms of return on investment.

For similar pricing, the BMR kit above addresses (3) primary locations instead of just (1). Not only does it eliminate most of the IRS Subframe movement on all planes, but it also addresses the massive deflection at the RLCA and additionally provides you with a nice set of Vertical Links.

My vote is the BMR "Biscuits and Gravy" kit. Although I am bias, it does address the key areas of deflection which will lead to better performance.

Good luck!

No bias opinions allowed! :crackup:

LethalBlake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150
I'm thinking ahead to my next install, which will include lowering springs and either of these two, I don't know much about suspension systems in general so any input is appreciated.

Which one would be more beneficial to stopping wheel hop?
My vote is for the "Biscuits and Gravy" package, if you are feeling to step it up a bit you may want to consider the "Bread and Butter" package like what we run on our car here which is probably the most popular option. All the BMR packages that we offer were carefully put together with BMR to get the best optimal results while being able to offer multiple packages big to small at different price points based on goals.

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
How are you liking it? Any details on install/cost/drivability would be great.
It's not installed yet, but it will be in the next month. I had many people tell me that would give me traction on the street which is what I need. I did not have any wheel hop.
Sponsored