Sponsored

Stock vs Tuned vs JLT vs PMAS - The Real Dyno Test!

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
i will tell you this, from 4-6500 it looks like one solid line with both intakes, 3 pulls each
Sponsored

Terminator2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
i will tell you this, from 4-6500 it looks like one solid line with both intakes, 3 pulls each
I'm curious if the Pmas made more down low. I've see a couple independent dynoes where guys have picked up really good low to midrange. Post them up Terry. :cheers:

Last edited:
OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
I'm curious if the Pmas made more down low. I've see. A couple independent dynoes where guys have picked up really good low to midrange. Post them up Terry. :cheers:
hopefully today or tomorrow

headers should be done today

drabon74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium 401a
Was hoping for results before the sale ended. Beef feel free to PM me with some info to help me out!

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Doesn't surprise me one bit.

Sponsored

SVT Wylde

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randall
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Im not here for being the popular guy and social hour. Im here for accurate info and when i see bullshit being spread im going to say something. Im perfectly content people thinking im an ass. Id rather be known as someone that knows what hes saying. Which is why i get my fair share of Pm's asking for answers. I come from forums where if you say wrong shit youre called on it fast, its not some nicey nice circle jerk. I have no brand loyalty i only care about best results and not just dyno resuls, real world track results.
Mission accomplished hoss and it looks like you're right about the JLT flow limitations because they won't be reached in this test. Either is a soild choice.

Stop by the catch can thread and make a suggestion because I'm looking for a suitable unit myself.

NavyChief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JJ
Vehicle(s)
GT Mustang TY
All of you whining like babies over something stupid. Stfu and grow up.

4V Mayhem

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium M6
Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to seeing how much different they are below 4000 RPMs and which one takes the cake. I thought the PMAS would be ahead by just a few ponies...not enough to be considered significant. But its good to see that they are pretty much equal. I'll hold my remaining comments for when all the info is posted.

cpelaez1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cristian
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black 5.0 Vert
Looking forward to the results.

Sponsored

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
With enough evidence to support the PMAS being a direct rip-off of the JLT design, I'd see no reason why they would perform differently. :shrug:
Heatshield being the ONLY comparable item... gotcha... lol

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I just posted a 3rd party test. They perform the same. Both intakes were purchased and both were tested at an independent shop same day same tuner within an hour of each other.
Cannot use the same tune on the JLT as the PMAS. If the PMAS is the no tune version, you have to use stock airbox maf transfer, which is different from the JLT transfer... if the PMAS is the tune version... you STILL have to use a different MAF transfer on the PMAS than the JLT. Test invalid.

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
Cannot use the same tune on the JLT as the PMAS. If the PMAS is the no tune version, you have to use stock airbox maf transfer, which is different from the JLT transfer... if the PMAS is the tune version... you STILL have to use a different MAF transfer on the PMAS than the JLT. Test invalid.
I don't think same tuner = same tune

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

foghat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT w/PP
I was under the impression the same tune was used. My bad.
09jsw would have to confirm, but I'd be surprised if they were.
Sponsored