Sponsored

Steering wheel ?

ian2144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT grabber blue/black roof
I feel that the standard S550 steering wheel is a bit on the large side for what is considered a sporty car.
After a quick look with a measuring tape we have a diameter of 14 1/2 inches in old money or 370m in new.
Finding something smaller would be great .I believe the 350GT wheel is an alternative, but not sure what size it is or if it’s just the same wheel with some Alcantara and a little red strip. I’m sure someone on hear will put me right.
Cheers
Ian....
Sponsored

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
I feel that the standard S550 steering wheel is a bit on the large side for what is considered a sporty car.
After a quick look with a measuring tape we have a diameter of 14 1/2 inches in old money or 370m in new.
Finding something smaller would be great .I believe the 350GT wheel is an alternative, but not sure what size it is or if it’s just the same wheel with some Alcantara and a little red strip. I’m sure someone on hear will put me right.
Cheers
Ian....
It's a matter of perception; the thicker wheel looks smaller but the same buttons and trim swap over to the 350 wheel so it must be the same size. Jack at Royal Steering Wheels can mod your wheel to anything (within reason) that you spec. Without doubt my best mod. The standard wheel is just nasty.

OP
OP
ian2144

ian2144

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT grabber blue/black roof
Thank you kindly for your input, further investigation required on my part.

Robbie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
One of the first things I did was to fit the 350r steering wheel. It’s almost the same size but a slightly different shape. It definitely feels a lot nicer, beware though it needs some care. I’ve treated it a couple of times as it seems to get a bit dry and bobbly (if that’s a thing) quite quickly.

THISELDO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Eco-Boost Tri Yellow FastBack
RSW highly recommended had my done last month, very happy, traded my old wheel for my spec requirement all for 230quid.
Sponsored