Sponsored

Steeds its support bushings and diff bushings red

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
ok update.. finished the install. I lossened up the rear sub frame bolts about 5 turns. got a little bit more room but still not enough. The easiest way for me to get these front bushings in was to put the bolt into the washer and bushing BUT the end (non head end) is FLUSH with the part of the bushing that is going INTO the stock bushing, you get the center of the steeda bushing past the lip of the stocker, then push the bolt in. This still doesn't give you the clearance you will need, you have push the steeda bushing UP with your hands or a hammer and screw driver. The head of the bolt will scratch up the plastic of the gas tank, but it will go in eventually.. the drivers side I just had to tap with a hammer and it went in lots easier. For those of you that also didn't get the grease I just loaded lots of Vaseline in there before I pushed all the steeda bushings in. I recommend a OPEN end 7/8" wrench because you cant get a closed end up there when you start tightening those front bushings. Hope this helps! End result is NO noise, NO knocking around or anything, and it hooks up GOOD!
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
ok update.. finished the install. I lossened up the rear sub frame bolts about 5 turns. got a little bit more room but still not enough. The easiest way for me to get these front bushings in was to put the bolt into the washer and bushing BUT the end (non head end) is FLUSH with the part of the bushing that is going INTO the stock bushing, you get the center of the steeda bushing past the lip of the stocker, then push the bolt in. This still doesn't give you the clearance you will need, you have push the steeda bushing UP with your hands or a hammer and screw driver. The head of the bolt will scratch up the plastic of the gas tank, but it will go in eventually.. the drivers side I just had to tap with a hammer and it went in lots easier. For those of you that also didn't get the grease I just loaded lots of Vaseline in there before I pushed all the steeda bushings in. I recommend a OPEN end 7/8" wrench because you cant get a closed end up there when you start tightening those front bushings. Hope this helps! End result is NO noise, NO knocking around or anything, and it hooks up GOOD!
Glad you got them in there and the results are good. Time to enjoy the :D

Did you got with the black or red ones? I forgot.

EDIT - I see you put in the aluminum ones. Damn..,no noise?

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Glad you got them in there and the results are good. Time to enjoy the :D

Did you got with the black or red ones? I forgot.

EDIT - I see you put in the aluminum ones. Damn..,no noise?
Nope, ZERO noise.

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
Nope, ZERO noise.

Well then looks like I'm going red. Thanks for your posts guys. Will tackle mine in the next few weeks I hope.

Jaime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Choking_Victim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT PP
Thanks for the update...so open end 7/8th gotcha..so you basically just have to get these bolts good and tight?..since no way in hell to torque them from looks of shit.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Congrats RSKTAKR, glad you get them in! That's fantastic you got no noise with the aluminum bushings! I wimped out and went with the red just to be safe.

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I installed the black ones and the gear noise is louder.

I agree with the couple reports above of increased nvh. At slow speeds you can hear and feel the torsen doing it's thing. Also sounds and feels like there is a lot of slop in the drive train. It was probably hidden by the soft bushings.

The thud is no longer a thud. It's more of a clunk now. My girlfriend asks what's wrong with the car. Is it broken?

The improvement in reduced hop is very nice. Immediately notice less hop.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
I installed the black ones and the gear noise is louder.

I agree with the couple reports above of increased nvh. At slow speeds you can hear and feel the torsen doing it's thing. Also sounds and feels like there is a lot of slop in the drive train. It was probably hidden by the soft bushings.

The thud is no longer a thud. It's more of a clunk now. My girlfriend asks what's wrong with the car. Is it broken?

The improvement in reduced hop is very nice. Immediately notice less hop.
Thanks for the feedback.

Is the increased NVH more pronounced at slow speeds vs. cruising/highway speeds?

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
All the clunking and Torsen action is only at slow speeds.

You can hear some gear noise while cruising. Go off throttle and it's quiet. Get on throttle just a bit and then it whines.

Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
All the clunking and Torsen action is only at slow speeds.

You can hear some gear noise while cruising. Go off throttle and it's quiet. Get on throttle just a bit and then it whines.
Thanks again! I am going with black, too.

Hope to get them installed in the next couple of weeks.

Choking_Victim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT PP
Still waiting on a video from steeda as mentioned.. will the sub frame still droop with bushings supports already installed ? For the guys loosening the rear as well, is that screwing the alignment? Reason I ask is I had exhaust off to attempt this bushing install. ..but couldn't understand what part of the subframe they want supported and was u sure if it would droop since I have bushing support kit already installed. Anyhow I just ended up doing vertical links and support braces and didn't do diff bushing yet.

dwaleke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Still waiting on a video from steeda as mentioned.. will the sub frame still droop with bushings supports already installed ? For the guys loosening the rear as well, is that screwing the alignment? Reason I ask is I had exhaust off to attempt this bushing install. ..but couldn't understand what part of the subframe they want supported and was u sure if it would droop since I have bushing support kit already installed. Anyhow I just ended up doing vertical links and support braces and didn't do diff bushing yet.
Any time you drop the rear subframe you will probably require an alignment.

That is unless you have a consistent method of aligning the subframe (Steeda Alignment pins, BMR lockout kit, etc) when reinstalling it.

Choking_Victim

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2018 A10 GT PP
Any time you drop the rear subframe you will probably require an alignment.

That is unless you have a consistent method of aligning the subframe (Steeda Alignment pins, BMR lockout kit, etc) when reinstalling it.
I understand, and I do have alignment dowls from steeda. I was waiting till I do springs to install those as I knew I'd need an alignment. Was curious cuz I lowered one side at a time during support bushing install to avoid mandatory alignment per the instructions. So there is no way to install the diff bushings without lowering the rear of the sub frame ?

Jmeo

You said member ;)
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaime
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2022 F150 PowerBoost
Vehicle Showcase
I understand, and I do have alignment dowls from steeda. I was waiting till I do springs to install those as I knew I'd need an alignment. Was curious cuz I lowered one side at a time during support bushing install to avoid mandatory alignment per the instructions. So there is no way to install the diff bushings without lowering the rear of the sub frame ?

No and you actually only loosen both rear bolts but remove both front bolts to lower the entire front of the subframe (left & right) at the same time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored