Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Tri-Ax Race Short Throw Shifter is Here!

roguestang001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/ 2000 Mustang GT/ 1990 Mustang GT
Had the Tri-ax in for about a month now. Sometimes the car doesn't want to go easily into gear.

Anybody else having this issue? Maybe there is some adjustment that I need to do?

When you say it doesn't go into gear easily, are you referring to a "lockout" type situation, or its hard to find the gear? Did you use the softer springs?
Sponsored

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback

UOP Shadow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
88 GT, 50 LE Kona blue
When you say it doesn't go into gear easily, are you referring to a "lockout" type situation, or its hard to find the gear? Did you use the softer springs?
Yes, like the syncros aren't matched up and it wants to lock out. Sometimes going from neutral to first. Sometimes first to second. sometimes 3rd to fourth.

Double clutching doesn't help, I just hold the shifter as close to the gear location as possible until it decides it wants to go fully into the selected gear.

Have you ever tried to downshift into too low of a gear? The trans won't let you. It's similar to that.

Sponsored

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
Big thanks to David for the discount coupon and Chad at Steeda, my order is on it way to Australia.

D.Brown

Save the Manuels
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
15' GT
Had the Tri-ax in for about a month now. Sometimes the car doesn't want to go easily into gear.

Anybody else having this issue? Maybe there is some adjustment that I need to do?
I have that issue from 2nd-3rd. Once my warranty is up I will be using the BG Syncro II fluid. I'm almost positive that will clean it up.

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Big thanks to David for the discount coupon and Chad at Steeda, my order is on it way to Australia.
Enjoy!

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
K done! I wasn't sure how much extra to send to cover shipping, so I just paypaled you about $2,000. Keep the change
You rock!! Shifter will be sent out today :)

Sponsored

bonomo53

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Yes, like the syncros aren't matched up and it wants to lock out. Sometimes going from neutral to first. Sometimes first to second. sometimes 3rd to fourth.

Double clutching doesn't help, I just hold the shifter as close to the gear location as possible until it decides it wants to go fully into the selected gear.

Have you ever tried to downshift into too low of a gear? The trans won't let you. It's similar to that.
Its happened to me a few times especially going from first to second.

EcoBlue68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Impact Blue Ecoboost
This is just an inherent problem with the transmission, not the shifter. I did use BG synchroshift in my car and it helped a lot with the big "hitch" where you felt the synchro's getting caught up. However there is always going to be a bit of resistance from gear to gear on downshifts with the car especially going into first.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Well, I visited Steeda yesterday to purchase some suspension goodies and David had me sit in one of the shop cars and feel the short throw shifter. I have the first street short throw shifter with 10% reduction in shifts and after feeling the race short throw shifter mine feels like crap in comparison. I'm not sorry I bought the shifter I am currently using because it's worlds better than stock but I'm definitely going to upgrade when I do my next round of mods. Damn you David, LOL. That race short throw is too sweet and feels so fluid and solid. I will be picking one up in a couple of months (or weeks, lol). I'm blessed and cursed to have Steeda only 10 minutes from home! This is the first car I have ever modified and the guys at Steeda are all so knowledgeable and helpful, they are a class act.

FusionGT

Large member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT PP / Jeep TJ
After reading all 26 pages of this and debating back and forth over the MGW and the tri-ax I decided to go with the TRI-AX! I really wanted to go with MGW but seemed as if this one is more suited for me and my driving style/ease of install/cheaper. Ordered!

s550_Arctic_Knight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
After reading all 26 pages of this and debating back and forth over the MGW and the tri-ax I decided to go with the TRI-AX! I really wanted to go with MGW but seemed as if this one is more suited for me and my driving style/ease of install/cheaper. Ordered!
Great choice!!!
Sponsored