Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Tri-Ax Race Short Throw Shifter is Here!

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
[MENTION=10893]David@Steeda[/MENTION] which spring is used in the shop car shifter? I want to use the same one when mine gets installed.
It's the less stiff spring :thumbsup:
Sponsored

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
What's up with us 5-6 shift thing. Anyone else care to comment? My OCD won't let me spend money if I think there is any potenial issue. What exactly is there in the shifter that would need to "break-in"?
I'm thinking it's user error as well, as it's happening much less frequently now, if at all. Even the soft springs are still significantly stiffer than stock, so I've found if I keep more sideways pressure than I used to on the shifter going 5-6, there's no issues :thumbsup:

I think the "break-in" that needs to happen is a slight retraining of the muscle memory lol

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
What's up with us 5-6 shift thing. Anyone else care to comment? My OCD won't let me spend money if I think there is any potenial issue. What exactly is there in the shifter that would need to "break-in"?
I have not experienced this at all. Been running mine for 4 months now and love it more and more every day.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I Just got a shipping notification that my Tri Ax will arrive tomorrow! My installers are trying to schedule me for Thursday to install my long list of Steeda goodies. I think I freaked them out a little because originally I was only doing springs and sway bars but then figured it would be a good time to do the Steeda "Stop the Hop" package so I added that, then I couldn't stop thinking about the Tri Ax after David had me feel the one in one of the shop cars so I ordered that yesterday. I spoke to them earlier and reminded them they are also tinting all of the lights and dipping all of the badges, LOL. I think they are afraid of what else I decide to add to my list, LOL.

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
I Just got a shipping notification that my Tri Ax will arrive tomorrow! My installers are trying to schedule me for Thursday to install my long list of Steeda goodies. I think I freaked them out a little because originally I was only doing springs and sway bars but then figured it would be a good time to do the Steeda "Stop the Hop" package so I added that, then I couldn't stop thinking about the Tri Ax after David had me feel the one in one of the shop cars so I ordered that yesterday. I spoke to them earlier and reminded them they are also tinting all of the lights and dipping all of the badges, LOL. I think they are afraid of what else I decide to add to my list, LOL.
Nice. :lol:

Sponsored

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Your shop is quickly becoming very familiar with Steeda! :cheers:

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
Your shop is quickly becoming very familiar with Steeda! :cheers:
My shop is having a Ford expert come in for the install because they want to make sure everything goes smoothly and mine is the first S550 they have modded.

This is the first car I have ever modded! I'm nervous and excited, this will be the first time I have had a vehicle lowered.

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
My shop is having a Ford expert come in for the install because they want to make sure everything goes smoothly and mine is the first S550 they have modded.

This is the first car I have ever modded! I'm nervous and excited, this will be the first time I have had a vehicle lowered.
Between the suspension and shifter, it's going to feel like an entirely new car when you get it back! :D

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
I know, I can't wait. Damn weather delayed the shifter delivery by a day.

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
I know, I can't wait. Damn weather delayed the shifter delivery by a day.
It'll be worth it! The weather has been quite rainy lately.

Sponsored

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
It'll be worth it! The weather has been quite rainy lately.
Why is the box labeled "S197 shifter"? I'm guessing it's the correct shifter because someone else posted the same and it was the correct shifter.

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
Why is the box labeled "S197 shifter"? I'm guessing it's the correct shifter because someone else posted the same and it was the correct shifter.
They may have just used that box for it's size, it's the S550 shifter :)

FFPM46

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
Steeda Tri-Ax Shifter with Delrin Reverse Lock-Out Collar

Thank you David@Steeda Just got home from Steeda after getting my new shifter and Delrin Reverse Lock-Out Collar installed!

Initial impression... WOW! Seriously this is how the factory shifter should be. Shifts are SO precise and crisp, there is absolutely no missing gears! It's like the shifter knows where you want it to go. The throw is amazingly shorter, thus rowing through the gears is night and day faster. It's an absolute must have mod, and I have to thank another forum member Oko3612 for bringing this shifter to my attention. Awesome shifter Steeda!
Tri-Ax 1.jpeg
Tri-Ax 2.jpeg
Tri-Ax 3.jpeg

OP
OP
David@Steeda

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
[MENTION=23508]FFPM46[/MENTION] if you're happy, we're happy! Good seeing you bud, glad you're liking it and that white knob with the delrin collar looks super stealthy! :)

ArtemisS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
heat from the Tri-Ax race

I got my Tri-Ax short shifter installed about 2 weeks ago and I have been noticing a lot of heat coming form my shifter. The boot and the dash around it get very warm, is anyone else having this issue?
Sponsored