Sponsored

Steeda's S550 Tri-Ax Race Short Throw Shifter is Here!

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
You are correct, it is much easier to remove or disconnect the driveshaft and exhaust.
Sponsored

s550_Arctic_Knight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
I'm in the process of installing my new Tri-Ax. Thanks Steeda, looks great!!

Thought I'd throw a question in here.
I watched s550_Arctic_Knight video (great video, thanks for doing that) and thought I'd give it a try without disconnecting the driveshaft or exhaust. Getting that front 10mm bolt off the forward end of the link is a bugger. I disconnected the rear OEM shifter bushing bracket and pulled the bushing off the rear of the shifter. My problem is the rear of the transmission won't drop more than 1/2 - 3/4", so not much room in there to get a tool onto that 10mm bolt. I thought I'd try loosening the driveshaft center support bushing, but that doesn't seem to help make the tranny go down much. I can see the exhaust moving with the transmission. Half guessing it's the exhaust forcing the tranny to stay in line with the motor mounts?? Anyone, [MENTION=25806]SteedaTech[/MENTION] or @s550_Arctic_Knight have a tip for me to get the transmission to go down anywhere near the 2-3" that it says it should? Let me guess disconnect the driveshaft and exhaust?? lol. Thanks!
Sorry for the late reply. I just saw this. Did you get it figured out?

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Sorry for the late reply. I just saw this. Did you get it figured out?
Yeah, it's together for the most part. I ended up dropping exhaust and driveshaft. That let it fall far enough to get my hands and good in there. I'm not as nimble as I used to be, couldn't get my hands to contort up in there until the transmission was lowered. Thanks for checking.

s550_Arctic_Knight

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Performance Pack
Yeah, it's together for the most part. I ended up dropping exhaust and driveshaft. That let it fall far enough to get my hands and good in there. I'm not as nimble as I used to be, couldn't get my hands to contort up in there until the transmission was lowered. Thanks for checking.
No problem. Again sorry it's such a late response. Normally I get an email notification and I never did for this. If you have any questions feel free to DM me. Also a weighted shift knob and the steeda reverse lockout collar will make the driving experience that much better. :)

Sponsored

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just finished Brandon's DIY fix to the increased NVH that some of us have experienced with the Tri-Ax. Details of his fix can be found on the other Tri-Ax thread on this forum.

While the NVH had quieted down quite a bit since the original install, I wanted to reduce it even more. The fix took me about an hour using extra Dynamat and the thin lead pieces that Brandon recommends. I basically laid the four lead pieces around the shifter base and then laid down another layer of Dynamat on top of everything, including the lead pieces.

I think it's now as quiet, or even quieter, than the original shifter.

Thanks, Brandon. And thanks Steeda for much improved shifting.
Hey mate, can u post the thread link please

Thanks!

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
Thanks mate, i read this whole thread and saved some pictures of what people did. will show my install guy when i get it, i definitely dont want any increase in NVH
Let us know what you think about the shifter after ya'll get it installed. :cheers:

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Let us know what you think about the shifter after ya'll get it installed. :cheers:
Will do mate, will be a xmas present from the misses, the car is currently at a shop getting a supercharger installed - thought with all the extra power it's going to have the stock shifter will probably lock out more on me

Sponsored

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
Will do mate, will be a xmas present from the misses, the car is currently at a shop getting a supercharger installed - thought with all the extra power it's going to have the stock shifter will probably lock out more on me
Are you seeing very many of the new Stangs Down Under?

I think it's cool that Ford started making them specifically for you guys who drive on the wrong side of the road. :D :cheers:

And your Misses sounds like a keeper.

Last edited:

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Are you seeing very many of the new Stangs Down Under?

I think it's cool that Ford started making them specifically for you guys who drive on the wrong side of the road. :D :cheers:

And your Misses sounds like a keeper.
Yeah she definitely a keeper! Yeah we are seeing quite a few, people have gone nuts for them here. Definitely one of the big buyers for the european version they made us, its great!

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
Yeah she definitely a keeper! Yeah we are seeing quite a few, people have gone nuts for them here. Definitely one of the big buyers for the european version they made us, its great!
The shifter should mate well with the supercharger. Enjoy that beast. :cheers:

phil545

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Bringing up and old thread with a lot of great information.

If you are in the market for a shifter ... happy to help!

TJ
Sponsored