Sponsored

STEEDA'S PROGRESSIVE S550 LOWERING SPRINGS - LET'S SEE YOUR SET-UP PICS!

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/PP Ruby Red
Keep us updated after the install ... would love to hear you feedback.

If you have any questions or need help during install - let us know!

TJ
The Pro Action shocks and struts are on. Only drove it from the shop to the house, but the ride seems to be a little less bouncy or the bounces aren't as harsh.

One thing, Steeda told me that the shocks and struts wouldn't lower the car any. I was already on Steeda's progressive springs and was happy with the wheel gap.

Well, the new shocks and struts did lower the car a bit, especially in the rear.

Doesn't seem to be a problem though. Maybe I'll get used to the new ride height and come to like it.

Below are before and after pics of the rear wheel gap.
IMG_0612.JPG
IMG_0690.jpg
Sponsored

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
The Pro Action shocks and struts are on. Only drove it from the shop to the house, but the ride seems to be a little less bouncy or the bounces aren't as harsh.

One thing, Steeda told me that the shocks and struts wouldn't lower the car any. I was already on Steeda's progressive springs and was happy with the wheel gap.

Well, the new shocks and struts did lower the car a bit, especially in the rear.

Doesn't seem to be a problem though. Maybe I'll get used to the new ride height and come to like it.

can u post a full side shot?

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
can u post a full side shot?
I'll try and snap one and post it later today, Ronnie.

I took her for a little test drive last night and the shocks and struts have definitely smoothed out the ride. :cheers:

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Awesome - thank you for the feedback!

TJ

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
to be honest, the drop looks normal for progressives on the second photo

my car looked like the first one when it was still settling

looks great!

velgens:eyebulge:

Sponsored

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
to be honest, the drop looks normal for progressives on the second photo

my car looked like the first one when it was still settling

looks great!

velgens:eyebulge:
Thanks, Jon. It's just a little lower and so long as I don't have much more of a scraping problem than I already had, which wasn't too bad, I'm good.

And I'm liking the new shocks and struts. :cheers:

OP
OP
tj@steeda

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks, Jon. It's just a little lower and so long as I don't have much more of a scraping problem than I already had, which wasn't too bad, I'm good.

And I'm liking the new shocks and struts. :cheers:
I have asked our team to look into the additional drop ... awaiting their feedback.

Best Regards,

TJ

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750

The Pro-Action Shocks and Struts will not alter ride height. They are the same dimensions as production. Please ck after they settle.

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
The Pro-Action Shocks and Struts will not alter ride height. They are the same dimensions as production. Please ck after they settle.
So after settling, I can expect the drop to go up about 3/8s to 1/2 inch? :cheers:

Sponsored

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Shocks and struts don't change your ride height at all unless the physical perches are different. I have the Steeda Pro Action dampers and they are the same as the stock. I'm not saying your ride height didn't change, maybe it settled more and you hadn't noticed or maybe something during the install but it wouldn't have anything to do with the dampers.

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
Shocks and struts don't change your ride height at all unless the physical perches are different. I have the Steeda Pro Action dampers and they are the same as the stock. I'm not saying your ride height didn't change, maybe it settled more and you hadn't noticed or maybe something during the install but it wouldn't have anything to do with the dampers.
Well the above before/after pics were taken in the exact same spot in my garage. And as the pics show, the car is a bit lower now. Not sure why.

The mechanic told me they had no problem swapping them out. They did trim the OEM bumpstop as recommended in a Steeda install video, and an alignment was done after the install. I wouldn't' think this would have anything to do with the ride height though.

Anyway, I had a full day on the new shocks and struts yesterday.

The ride is definitely smoother than the stock PP shocks and struts. Not a huge difference, but noticable.

Haven't had a chance for some spirited driving yet, so I can't comment on improved handling, but based on just the better "feel" of these shocks and struts, I suspect handling will be a bit better. :cheers:

Jon|3.7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15' 3.7 Mustang
you should look into their shock mounts, i got them installed after [MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] recommended them, the ride is much better (i had progressives and non adj pro actions now shock mounts) my way of describing it with just the springs and pro actions the bump where kinda loose and kinda harsh on bumps? but with the shock mounts now is stiff but you dont feel it hit you kinda feeling, im bad at explaining lol but my ride on 20's and 275/35's feel so good now lol of course i still feel going over bumps on these 20's and 35's but is soo much more comfortable to me, mines just a daily lol

BeauxXL1200

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ralph
Vehicle(s)
you should look into their shock mounts, i got them installed after [MENTION=10281]BmacIL[/MENTION] recommended them, the ride is much better (i had progressives and non adj pro actions now shock mounts) my way of describing it with just the springs and pro actions the bump where kinda loose and kinda harsh on bumps? but with the shock mounts now is stiff but you dont feel it hit you kinda feeling, im bad at explaining lol but my ride on 20's and 275/35's feel so good now lol of course i still feel going over bumps on these 20's and 35's but is soo much more comfortable to me, mines just a daily lol
Thanks, Jon. Actually, I had the Steeda billet aluminum rear shock mounts installed also. The way you describe the ride with the pro actions and the shock mounts is what I'm experiencing too.

I'm running Bridgestone Potenzas - 275/35/20s on the front and 295/35/20s on the rear. And I need new tires.

Just got a quote on set of Michelin Pilot Super Sports in the above sizes. Total out the door price with tax, balancing and mounting is $1,378, which seems pretty good for these tires. ($263 for the fronts, $325 for the rears.)

I think the Bridgestones were more expensive and I can only get about 10k - 11k miles on the rear Bridgestones. And I don't smoke them up. Hoping for a little better mileage out of the Michelins. :cheers:

Swedish Meatballs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium - California Special
I really wanna order a set of these .. the previous promo code I got doesn't work though, is there a new one? *thanks!*
Sponsored