Sponsored

Steeda's New S550 Mustang Front Control Arms (Lateral and Tension Link)

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Look forward to it Peter, when you post please also let us know for context what suspension mods and ride height you're running
Sponsored

Cathul

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT
Will do. For now i just had the drive back from the garage back to my home. Was just a 8 km ride (metric system in Germany ;)).
Will have a longer ride on sunday when i'll drive to my customers office in Austria.
So far i can say it's feels more precise in the front, but it's hard to judge after just a few kilometers.

Other mods so far:

Pedders SportsRyder Extreme XA CoilOver
Pedders CasterCamber plates
Pedders Sway Bar kit
Steeda Subframe Bushing support
Steeda Subframe alignment kit
Steeda Extreme G-Trac K-member brace
Steeda Camber mount adjustment kit for the rear.

Next will be the Steeda rear lower control arm bearing kit, Steeda rear shock mounts and BMR rear vertical links with bushings as these can be regreased without deinstallation ( a thing missing on the Steeda vertical links tbh).
A tower brace is also on my list, as the EU models do have the performance package, but without a tower brace for whatever reasons.

edit: had my first longer ride yesterday. Car is much more precise even at high speed driving. I don't have that feeling that i constantly have to correct the steering at high speed driving anymore. Guess it will be even better when the rear axle is done and from that moment on the improvements will be more subtle as with everything once the most important things are done.
Those control arms definitely get a big thumbs up from me.

Last edited:

CustomS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang
Just intalled the lower lateral links and am seeing ball joint boot binding on both sides. Has anyone else seen this? Do I simply grease the bottom side of the boots under the clips?

Dr. Norts

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT
This happened on one of mine. Remove the ball joint stud so it's hanging loose.

Then use some silicone spray and you will be able to work the boot back into position.

Sponsored

CustomS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 EB Mustang
I ended up simply removing the bottom boot clips, wiggling the boot into relaxed position which in turn spread some of the internal grease around the rim, i suspect, then putting the clips back into place. The boots seems to glide with the steering rotation without binding now.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
Your S550 Mustang needs increased steering response, decreased body roll, and increased cornering grip - all a must for the true performance handling enthusiast! Our front control arm Tension Links do just that! Fitting the 2.3L EcoBoost, the 3.7L V6, and 5.0L Coyote V8, we offer these with a bushing to minimize deflection OR with a spherical bearing to ELIMINATE deflection. Enable your Pony's high-performance capabilities with our Steeda S550 Tension Links!

Sponsored