Sponsored

Steeda Tri-ax Trio - a noise

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
That was the problem I was having because I didn't have the o-ring on top of the white washer. Once I put the o-ring on it stopped the buzzing for me. Also I had the ford racing shift knob and it buzzed very little with that. When I put the stock one back on it stopped buzzing completely. I took the ford racing one and shave the inside of it to give it a bigger opening for the collar and that stopped the slight buzzing for the after market one.
Enzo, thanks for your input. The O-ring is the fix all. We will include it in our kits moving forward. Ford now incorporates it in all the latest production S550s.
Sponsored

Cascadia_302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 RubyRed GT M6 Premium
That was the problem I was having because I didn't have the o-ring on top of the white washer. Once I put the o-ring on it stopped the buzzing for me. Also I had the ford racing shift knob and it buzzed very little with that. When I put the stock one back on it stopped buzzing completely. I took the ford racing one and shave the inside of it to give it a bigger opening for the collar and that stopped the slight buzzing for the after market one.
Good to know, I'll check into this.

Enzo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Enzo
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Here's a diy mod I did this morning. I really like my ford racing shift knob, I like the size and the way it compliments the interior. When running this shift knob I got a hissing or slight buzzing sound from it compared to stock. So I took the shift knob and shaved the inside of it. (Collect the shavings you will need them later). Once. The whole was about 2mm bigger and the collar could have some play in it. I then measured the inside and put a 3m double sided tape.(that's all I had at the moment.) Then inside the screw hole I stuffed it with as much dynamat as I could. (The shift knob felt much heavier then factory. I liked it!) once that was stuffed. All the shavings left over which had turned into powder I sprinkled inside and put it all over the tape so it became smooth and non-stick. Put some blue lock tight on the shifter and bolted it into places and it came out perfect. Turned the car on and went for a drive and it sounds quieter and shifts better then the stock knob.
IMG_2149.jpg
Sponsored