Sponsored

Steeda Fixed Valved Pro-Action Shocks & Struts (2015-2019)

Ryubb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Base
I have the rears installed with PP struts. I don't have a spring compressor or a impact gun, so I've been waiting on someone else to do the fronts, but after doing the rears and finding out my bump stops weren't trimmed per BMR instructions for my springs (SP080) early this year, I might take the plunge and do the fronts myself Saturday after buying the tools. I have a feeling my front bump stops aren't cut either.

The rears got rid of most the bounce I have been complaining about, but feel front and rear on different levels. Not fair for a comparison until completed the struts too.
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
Ok so I have driven on them about 400 miles the last two days.
1. they are much firmer than the stock PP struts/shocks HOWEVER they are not as harsh on compression. You feel every bump but it is not jarring like the stock ones
2. there is a ton less nose lift under hard throttle it stays much flatter than before.
3. I can get more wheel spin on launches due to the fact you dont get as much weight transfer but that is to be expected.
4. it stays much flatter in corners and recovers quicker.
5. the whole car feels much more predictable

All and all I like the ride. I hear more HVH (for some reason road noise is a bit louder) but it is not bad at all. When I hit bigger bumps it is not jarring but I do feel more bumps they just are not harsh.

I would recommend these for a daily driver or someone that wants a little more performance without making the car almost undrivable on bad roads.
Thanks for your review, been on the fence about these. Ordered today along with another goodie from Steeda.

jburgess1379

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted v6
Any other user reviews on these? I plan on buying them soon. I have the progressive springs with tons of other Steeda stuff like sway bars, etc etc. Non PP

Wally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Challenger Scat Pack
Any other user reviews on these? I plan on buying them soon. I have the progressive springs with tons of other Steeda stuff like sway bars, etc etc. Non PP
Seems as though few have installed them so far. I am getting them installed next week by Steeda along with the rest of the suspension stuff in my sig. Should be like a brand new car. I'll post a little review when I get a chance.

Wally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Seems as though few have installed them so far. I am getting them installed next week by Steeda along with the rest of the suspension stuff in my sig. Should be like a brand new car. I'll post a little review when I get a chance.
Quoting myself here but I just got all the Steeda stuff installed today. I had about a 300 mile drive home and initial impressions are good. I am going to make a dedicated thread once the springs have a little time to settle fully and I get a few issues with the install taken care of. There will be be photos of before and after once I get the car detailed as well.

Sponsored

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Quoting myself here but I just got all the Steeda stuff installed today. I had about a 300 mile drive home and initial impressions are good. I am going to make a dedicated thread once the springs have a little time to settle fully and I get a few issues with the install taken care of. There will be be photos of before and after once I get the car detailed as well.
Looking forward to your review Wally. I'm debating this solution. Have a set of Koni's that I have not yet installed but initial feedback is that the Koni's might be a little too much for a DD. At Steeda's pre-Black Friday price the Pro-Actions might make sense just to try them out. I'm looking for more rebound control, less floaty on/off throttle without harshness on compression vs the PP setup.

Wally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Looking forward to your review Wally. I'm debating this solution. Have a set of Koni's that I have not yet installed but initial feedback is that the Koni's might be a little too much for a DD. At Steeda's pre-Black Friday price the Pro-Actions might make sense just to try them out. I'm looking for more rebound control, less floaty on/off throttle without harshness on compression vs the PP setup.
I am going to hold off on making the thread until we get a couple little issues resolved and I have no experience with the PP suspension or Koni's. I can say however that with the new shocks/struts and springs, the car feels totally different than the stock non-PP Gt suspension. The ride is more firm but I would not call it harsh. The floatiness is gone, which is what I was looking for. I haven't had a chance to do any spirited driving yet as the traffic on the way home was awful and I was exhausted by that point. The guys at Steeda were great and the customer service has been nothing but wonderful. I doubt you will be disappointed with the setup should you choose to go that direction.

jburgess1379

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Boosted v6
Just bought mine as well. And switching to linear springs from progressive for free thanks to 30% off pre BF plus another 10% promo code. Crazy. The price of the shocks normally is what I paid for everything.

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Pulled the trigger. I honestly don't want to be messing with adjustments. Want a good general solution for DD and the odd hill country hoonery. If I track, it will be to refine limit handling for street use so I'd want my regular setup. Seems like a good solution at a fantastic price with the pre-holiday sale.

sloppymax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Will these require the mount to be drilled out like the adjustables?

Sponsored

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP

Iceman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150,2016 PP GT
So I plan on getting the steeda ultralites, I was just gonna throw those on with the stock pp shocks and struts. Would these be an upgrade from the pp stock and struts?

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Absolutely they would be.

Personally, I would not recommend Ultralites with OEM shocks. The front spring will be fine enough but the rear spring is, IMHO, too stiff to be used with stock shocks. May be bouncy. I know someone that is using the stock shocks and he says its fine, but the spring rate I feel like is steps beyond what the stock PP shock is setup to handle. Not to mention it's a significant drop.

If you want to keep with the stock shocks, get the Steeda Progressive springs. The drop looks great and they'll work well with stock dampers (PP or non-PP).

But better dampers help the car out a lot...

Iceman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 F150,2016 PP GT
Absolutely they would be.

Personally, I would not recommend Ultralites with OEM shocks. The front spring will be fine enough but the rear spring is, IMHO, too stiff to be used with stock shocks. May be bouncy. I know someone that is using the stock shocks and he says its fine, but the spring rate I feel like is steps beyond what the stock PP shock is setup to handle. Not to mention it's a significant drop.

If you want to keep with the stock shocks, get the Steeda Progressive springs. The drop looks great and they'll work well with stock dampers (PP or non-PP).

But better dampers help the car out a lot...
Thanks for the feedback, yea I'm not a fan of progressive springs. This car is just a weekend car only so no big deal. I guess Ill grab a set of these to go with the springs.

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Thanks for the feedback, yea I'm not a fan of progressive springs. This car is just a weekend car only so no big deal. I guess Ill grab a set of these to go with the springs.
How can you not grab some at the current pricing
Sponsored