Sponsored

Stealtfrc's whipple build

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
made a little more progress.. still waiting for the whipple tho :(
headers installed and exhaust fully buttoned back up.
took about 4-5hrs total, wasn't to bad... just had to have a friend help that had smaller hands lol.
fit is great, no clearance issues whatsoever and bolted right up to my mrt exhaust. i cant wait to hear what its going to sound like, the mrt doesn't seem to be very popular so there are not exhaust clips that ive been able to find.

Looks good man. Just a note. You see that little bolt sticking out on the A/C line braket? Shave it down. I know of more than one S550 owner who has had issues with the headers hitting that and causing false knock.

Also, how do your QuikJacks perform? I am considering a set, but undecided on whether I want the 12v setup(to maybe take on the road to track sometime), or the 120v setup.
Sponsored

OP
OP
stealthfrc

stealthfrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 raptor, 99 corvette, 2015 PP mustang gt
Nice! Liquid mask usually leaves nice clean edges so this should come out good :)
yea i hope so, have them sitting in front of my fire place to speed up the process lol. want to get a coat on tonight

Looks good man. Just a note. You see that little bolt sticking out on the A/C line braket? Shave it down. I know of more than one S550 owner who has had issues with the headers hitting that and causing false knock.

Also, how do your QuikJacks perform? I am considering a set, but undecided on whether I want the 12v setup(to maybe take on the road to track sometime), or the 120v setup.
with the arh headers i have like 1" of clearance with that bolt. i was watching it the whole time during install lol. pretty sure everyone is having issues with the SW headers.

also the quickjacks are amazing. id say get the 120v and if you need portability then get a 120v inverter. best of both worlds.

OP
OP
stealthfrc

stealthfrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Catch can setup came.

OP
OP
stealthfrc

stealthfrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
well the final piece to the puzzle showed up today.

Sponsored

OP
OP
stealthfrc

stealthfrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
got quite a bit done today. doesn't help im not feeling 100% but i didn't let it hold me back.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Loving this!
That box in the picture contains everything? Dimensions?
I'm just working something out for freight/import purposes.
It's not easy being on the other side of the planet ya know

OP
OP
stealthfrc

stealthfrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
its 2 boxes. one contains the blower and lower manifold and the second box holds everything else. i can get get a measurement tomorrow.

OP
OP
stealthfrc

stealthfrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
install is pretty close to finished. i just have to install one of the relay harness's and load the tune to the car and it should be good for first start up. once i get it running etc ill go back thru and zip tie and tidy everything up.
whipple overnighted me a new harness since they sent the wrong one. very happy with the customer service from them. extremely fast to respond and also overnighting parts.
i will say this about the kit, its extremely nice, very easy and everything just fits like its OEM honestly. all the push connect fittings, all the hoses are already pre made and the exact length you need. all the little rubber grommets and spacers, bolts etc are so nice and easy to work with and all fit like they belong on the car.
id love to finish it today but have to work soon so need to get some sleep so hopefully tomorrow i can get it running, all depends how my night at work goes lol.

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Cool not long now!

Sponsored

Dat Boi Kumar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
2015 Comp Orange Mustang GT
made a little more progress.. still waiting for the whipple tho :(
headers installed and exhaust fully buttoned back up.
took about 4-5hrs total, wasn't to bad... just had to have a friend help that had smaller hands lol.
fit is great, no clearance issues whatsoever and bolted right up to my mrt exhaust. i cant wait to hear what its going to sound like, the mrt doesn't seem to be very popular so there are not exhaust clips that ive been able to find.

Theres a A/C line clamp stud on the passenger side header that will give you false knock remove it and flip the clamp up with a metal tie.

OP
OP
stealthfrc

stealthfrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I posted a picture of that stud and my headers. I have 1" of clearance from it, I do not see a need to remove it.

Poppacapp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
How much install time was the kit? Looks good man!

OP
OP
stealthfrc

stealthfrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Id say 12-15hrs is a safe guess. Took my time and did the entire install myself.