Sponsored

Stainless Works customer support

Magic550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Corvette Z06
OK ... I'm sorry to rant but I hope I can prevent some of you guys to make the same mistake I made.

Recap:

- I ordered a '15 GT convertible in 09/14
- Based on good reviews and some emails with SW I ordered a catback system in 11/14 from Beef
- I took delivery of my car 12/17/14
- By that time the car arrived the exhaust was already at the dealership and they did install it first thing
- Unfortunately the SW exhaust DOES NOT fit the convertible
- My dealer talked to SW and they suggested that I contacted them
- I called SW the very next day and they offered to take care of the issue the following day (I'm 30 minutes away from them)
- It was supposed to be a quick 1 hour fix - I spent the whole day they and my Stang looks like sh*t ever since. (People actually pulled me over told me that there's something wrong underneath my car)
- SW promised to fix AND NOTHING HAPPEND
- I called them like 100 times and was promised a call back every time - but never got a single one
- As of today they still don't now how to fix it and they're too busy to even take a look at it

Summary: take your money elsewhere!

SOLVED ... SW refunds my money!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
To be fair Beef is merely a drop shipper/supplier for them. He has nothing to do with their CS or product issues. This is like blaming Kroger for a twig in a bog of cereal. They merely re-sell the product and have nothing to do with the quality.

I don't think any exhaust manufacturer is advertising their system to fit a convertible because of the extra bracing the convertible has.

Whether Beef got involved or not are really irrelevant; he tried to some extent whatever the case may be. He doesn't guarantee fit or quality of someone else's product and can't take back a product if SW sent it to you directly. Money was paid to SW for the product. It's now between you and SW, Beef can't be expected to take the hit on the small profit he may make on the resale.

Source: from being a lawyer myself.

On a personal note, this is why I chose against SW as this lack of CS is well-documented around here for a long time; and why many sold off their SW systems and bought from a competitor.

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Tough situation for everyone involved. It sounds like the exhaust was not only installed and used but modified on. Starting right at that point, I think the vendor is out of control and off the hook.

IMHO the weight is on the manufacturer to make this right with you, either by fixing it in person, replacing it with a new one that fits, or agreeing to refund the vendor so that the vendor can process it as a return.

OP
OP

Magic550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Corvette Z06
Just to clarify: I ordered the exhaust from Beefcake - he took my money so he has to refund me!? (Correct me if I'm wrong!)

Also - the manufacturer/dealer states it fits the Mustang S550 - no note that it doesn't fit the convertible. (Borla and Bassani fit btw)

OP
OP

Magic550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Corvette Z06
Tough situation for everyone involved. It sounds like the exhaust was not only installed and used but modified on. Starting right at that point, I think the vendor is out of control and off the hook.

IMHO the weight is on the manufacturer to make this right with you, either by fixing it in person, replacing it with a new one that fits, or agreeing to refund the vendor so that the vendor can process it as a return.
Stainless Works did the mods themselves in their own shop!!

Sponsored

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
I can say you are 150% justified in your frustration! I just am saying that I think the dealer of the exhaust is off the hook unless the manufacturer agrees to refund him as well... Otherwise what is he supposed to do with a used and modified exhaust that doesnt even fit anything? Which I understand is not your problem, and you are due an exhaust that fits or a refund. Thats where I feel it is the manufacturer that needs to process this for you by either making right or running a return through the vendor for you.

OP
OP

Magic550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Corvette Z06
I can say you are 150% justified in your frustration! I just am saying that I think the dealer of the exhaust is off the hook unless the manufacturer agrees to refund him as well... Otherwise what is he supposed to do with a used and modified exhaust that doesnt even fit anything? Which I understand is not your problem, and you are due an exhaust that fits or a refund. Thats where I feel it is the manufacturer that needs to process this for you by either making right or running a return through the vendor for you.
In totally agree!

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I agree. That was my point really. You pay the supplier but the supplier pays the vast majority of that money to the manufacturer. If the manufacturer doesn't agree to take back the part Beef cannot refund you from money he paid 90-95% or however much to SW; if that makes sense. I can't imagine suppliers' margin on catbacks is anything more than 5-10% they make on them

If SW modified it Beef cannot take it back even because it's been modified and not original anymore- he couldn't even go sell it to someone else. It's really all on SW here.

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
OK ... I'm sorry to rant but I hope I can prevent some of you guys to make the same mistake I made.

Recap:

- I ordered a '15 GT convertible in 09/14
- Based on good reviews and some emails with SW I ordered a catback system in 11/14 from Beef
- I took delivery of my car 12/17/14
- By that time the car arrived the exhaust was already at the dealership and they did install it first thing
- Unfortunately the SW exhaust DOES NOT fit the convertible
- My dealer talked to SW and they suggested that I contacted them
- I called SW the very next day and they offered to take care of the issue the following day (I'm 30 minutes away from them)
- It was supposed to be a quick 1 hour fix - I spent the whole day they and my Stang looks like sh*t ever since. (People actually pulled me over told me that there's something wrong underneath my car)
- SW promised to fix AND NOTHING HAPPEND
- I called them like 100 times and was promised a call back every time - but never got a single one
- As of today they still don't now how to fix it and they're too busy to even take a look at it
- I got Beef involved a couple times but he plays the same 'I just don't call and the problem goes away' game, too now

And the worst part of it - Beef doesn't even want to take the exhaust back. It's unfortunate ... it wasn't tested ... nobody could now ... and all the spiel.

Guess what? I didn't know either! And that's why I trusted so called professionals.

I think I'll get help from another professional - my attorney!

Summary: take your money elsewhere!

Can you clarify as to what SW did to your car and the exhaust that it "looks like sh*t ever since"?

If the system was modified in any way, I don't see how Beef would be obligated to take it back.

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
On a personal note, this is why I chose against SW as this lack of CS is well-documented around here for a long time; and why many sold off their SW systems and bought from a competitor.

^^^ This x 10.

Not to slip in a shameless plug, but this is another reason why I'll tell anyone and everyone who wants that sort of tone to go with ARH over SW.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Magic550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Corvette Z06
Can you clarify as to what SW did to your car and the exhaust that it "looks like sh*t ever since"?

If the system was modified in any way, I don't see how Beef would be obligated to take it back.
They installed stand-offs to the brace. It looks like the the brace is free floating underneath the car now. That can't be safe!

I agree btw. that this is no means Beefs fault! I would just expect that he joins my team. I even offered to have SW pick the exhaust up instead of spending money for transportation. I offered today to buy the Borla from him. He just needs to tell SW that we're both at the end of the rope. I bet he has more leverage than I - all I can do is sue.

OP
OP

Magic550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Corvette Z06
^^^ This x 10.

Not to slip in a shameless plug, but this is another reason why I'll tell anyone and everyone who wants that sort of tone to go with ARH over SW.
Now I know ...

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Just to clarify: I ordered the exhaust from Beefcake - he took my money so he has to refund me!? (Correct me if I'm wrong!)

Also - the manufacturer/dealer states it fits the Mustang S550 - no note that it doesn't fit the convertible. (Borla and Bassani fit btw)

Just so you know, borla will not fit. We have a customer right now that has learned the Borla 2.5 system will not clear. Its the bends in the kit and not so much diameter size.

Just want you to be aware so you don't order something else and that doesn't fit as well.

OP
OP

Magic550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Corvette Z06
Just so you know, borla will not fit. We have a customer right now that has learned the Borla 2.5 system will not clear. Its the bends in the kit and not so much diameter size.

Just want you to be aware so you don't order something else and that doesn't fit as well.
Thank you sir!

What does fit though?

phunk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT-PP
Now I am really curious what is different on the underside of the vert to make exhausts not fit the same.
Sponsored