Stage2 CAI flap modded- Needed?

StingyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT base PP
Not liking the way the extra flap was flapping around so added 2 push pins. check it out, Tightens it right up!

Those are actually push pins with a screw out center. Now that i look at it, you could do a self taper with a washer.

20170816_213150_resized.jpg

20170816_213218_resized.jpg
Sponsored

OP
OP

StingyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT base PP
Does water get on it?
Good question, I noticed that the left hood vent is directly open to the top of the CAI air filter, Probably not such a good thing in a downpour! I will be sealing that vent asap. Foam and some RTV. thanks for pointing that out. Other than that, No.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
Good question, I noticed that the left hood vent is directly open to the top of the CAI air filter, Probably not such a good thing in a downpour! I will be sealing that vent asap. Foam and some RTV. thanks for pointing that out. Other than that, No.
No need. Driven much car through a downpour/pressure washed the car, water never gets in

Sponsored

OP
OP

StingyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT base PP
No need. Driven much car through a downpour/pressure washed the car, water never gets in

How is that possible? This is with stage 2 power pack, right? The vent site right above the conical filter. In tbe process of closing mine off.

BenGTPP

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Vehicle Showcase
After running though a car wash, I had about four water drops around the filter. Filter was dry.
image6.JPG

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
How is that possible? This is with stage 2 power pack, right? The vent site right above the conical filter. In tbe process of closing mine off.
From my eye test the vent sits in front of the airbox and water slides off the additional rubber/plastic gasket piece that you put on.

OP
OP

StingyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT base PP
Put a flashlight in and close the hood, you'll see the vents it's directly above the filter.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Put a flashlight in and close the hood, you'll see the vents it's directly above the filter.
interesting, i wonder how water isnt touching the filter then.

OP
OP

StingyStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT base PP
Not sure. Possibly running down into the steel hood or liner trough before it can drip. Opened up the grill hexagons and possibly still closing this off. Seems like it would be ok though
Sponsored