Sponsored

rbeaudo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustgang GT Premium A10 VB Roush charged
My car is scheduled to go into the dealer Thursday they are going to replace my front brakes under the TSP witch I had a copy of when I took it in. Also they are replacing the rear as well so all new rotors and pads all the way around. The service manager was great ,een there was a problem and just ordered all the parts.

djgator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost premium performance package
Squealing brakes nightmare

We bought a 2015 Ecoboost Mustang late October of 2014 premium and performance package. We noticed the brakes squealing as early as November. Thinking it was 'break in' sound, we let it go until we were leaving the annual NPD event this past January in Ocala, FL. As we were stuck in the 'departure from car show' traffic, the brakes made such a loud noise that people were staring at us and the car. We took the car back to the dealership the next week. They heard the noise and said it was typical new car sound. BS. I pushed the issue and they took off the rotors and ground them down a bit. Still had the issue. Took it back to the dealership and told then to fix it. The replaced the rotors. Guess what. The sound is back again! Insult to injury, someone at the dealership tore up the wheels and 2 of 4 wheels had major scratches and cuts on them. Dealership said that there is no way they could have done that. Needless to say, it got a bit ugly and I went straight to the GM's office. They called in a wheel repair company and fixed them. Previous adding insult to injury, the car was only 3 weeks old and someone attempted to steal the wheels. They stripped lugs nuts on two wheels and put in some deep gouges on the wheels where it looks like they tried to pry the wheels off! Out of pocket to pay for those repairs along with a set of wheel locks.
Anyway, I see that there is a recall notice on the brakes and I made a copy of it that someone posted on the 2015's Facebook page. Not surprised that this dealership did not know that there is a recall. We slammed them on the Ford customer service emails and are now looking to go to another dealership. It's 20 miles away, but may be worth it because the folks at Mall of GA Ford service dept cannot be trusted.
Thanks for all the info on this forum, especially with the brake issues.

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
Figures my first post on this forum would be about brake squealing issues and not about how much I love this car...
Same here. That was months ago. There were only a few others here with the problem then.
My brakes have been fixed with the TSB...no problems since. :thumbsup:

When your situation is squared away to your satisfaction, stick around...You will learn a whole lot about your car on this forum. ;)

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
We bought a 2015 Ecoboost Mustang late October of 2014 premium and performance package. We noticed the brakes squealing as early as November. Thinking it was 'break in' sound, we let it go until we were leaving the annual NPD event this past January in Ocala, FL. As we were stuck in the 'departure from car show' traffic, the brakes made such a loud noise that people were staring at us and the car. We took the car back to the dealership the next week. They heard the noise and said it was typical new car sound. BS. I pushed the issue and they took off the rotors and ground them down a bit. Still had the issue. Took it back to the dealership and told then to fix it. The replaced the rotors. Guess what. The sound is back again! Insult to injury, someone at the dealership tore up the wheels and 2 of 4 wheels had major scratches and cuts on them. Dealership said that there is no way they could have done that. Needless to say, it got a bit ugly and I went straight to the GM's office. They called in a wheel repair company and fixed them. Previous adding insult to injury, the car was only 3 weeks old and someone attempted to steal the wheels. They stripped lugs nuts on two wheels and put in some deep gouges on the wheels where it looks like they tried to pry the wheels off! Out of pocket to pay for those repairs along with a set of wheel locks.
Anyway, I see that there is a recall notice on the brakes and I made a copy of it that someone posted on the 2015's Facebook page. Not surprised that this dealership did not know that there is a recall. We slammed them on the Ford customer service emails and are now looking to go to another dealership. It's 20 miles away, but may be worth it because the folks at Mall of GA Ford service dept cannot be trusted.
Thanks for all the info on this forum, especially with the brake issues.

Hi djgator,

Welcome to the forum. I understand you've had a poor experience with the dealer. I want to help get these breaks silenced. Please PM your VIN, mileage, name, phone number, and dealer info. I'll loop in a regional customer service manager to further assist.

Jeff :ford:

Sponsored

painoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Vert
Prepare to be frustrated

So I have the break squeal issue. PM'd ford service rep here on this site. Opened a case. Took my car to the dealer today with video in hand similar to all the others posted here. Service advisor refused to look at video demonstrating the loud squeal. Was told he would have to replicate it, which means another day without a 3 week old car. I am beyond fed up. I find it silly that the dealership can't evaluate a video that clearly demonstrates the problem. Just read the TSB, order the parts and fix the damn car. Do you really think we would make this up. Why would we want our brand new car to be at the dealership, and thus cannot drive it?

tx91_stang

GT S550
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ivan
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red Mustang GT
I find it silly that the dealership can't evaluate a video that clearly demonstrates the problem. Just read the TSB, order the parts and fix the damn car. Do you really think we would make this up. Why would we want our brand new car to be at the dealership, and thus cannot drive it?
I had the same problem with my dealership till i decided to get a second opinion from another dealership tell them your story of what you have been through with the first dealership and show them all the evidence of the squeal and the tsb notice

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
I would have been yelling. I totally understand your frustration.

rbeaudo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustgang GT Premium A10 VB Roush charged
Once I handed the TSB to my dealer they did not even look at the brakes they just went and ordered the parts, on back order will be here on the 28th. Time for a new dealer...

tx91_stang

GT S550
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ivan
Vehicle(s)
'15 Race Red Mustang GT
I almost got in a fist fight with the first service representative that called me a liar cause at first he told me he personally test drove the car then couple weeks went by and I called him out in it and he told me he never said that then I had dropped it off for 4 days so they can see if it would it in the morning ...they basically had the car sitting for 4 days in a non service area with no service tag on and supposedly they drove it everyday and the mileage was the same

Sponsored

Millgeo5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Geoff
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So I have the break squeal issue. PM'd ford service rep here on this site. Opened a case. Took my car to the dealer today with video in hand similar to all the others posted here. Service advisor refused to look at video demonstrating the loud squeal. Was told he would have to replicate it, which means another day without a 3 week old car. I am beyond fed up. I find it silly that the dealership can't evaluate a video that clearly demonstrates the problem. Just read the TSB, order the parts and fix the damn car. Do you really think we would make this up. Why would we want our brand new car to be at the dealership, and thus cannot drive it?
When was your car built? The TSB is for cars built prior to Feb 11, 2015, you said you only had it for 3 weeks, that might be why they are saying the need to duplicate it. Don't get me wrong I am not siding with the dealer, just curious if cars built after the TSB dates are starting to have brake issues.

Alloye

Stangoholic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My dealer finally performed the TSB on my car. So far, so good!

painoz

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Vert
So they were able to replicate it. New front rotors and pads on back order. Should be fixed in 2 weeks. Hope this fixes it.

USAF

#GTFOsquad_0047
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, 1993 GT
I'm getting the same noise but I'm noticing it while the car is on a hill as well as at slow speeds almost just a rolling idle. taking it to dealer tomorrow.

djgator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost premium performance package
TBS copy

Thanks to the posting of the TSB on the forums for the squealing brakes. Drove over to the Mall of GA dealership and showed a service rep the TSB. Obviously, he said to bring the car in and they will take care of the issue. As we have had a terrible experience with the service department at this dealership, I went to another dealership about 20 miles away and showed them the TSB and said they too will take care of it. I explained to them how the Mall of GA folks messed up two of the very expensive wheels when they attempted to fix the squealing brakes prior to the TSB ever being issued. I had a good experience at the dealership 20 miles away in Cumming, GA with my 2012 Mustang, so I am giving them a chance to get the 2015 fixed. Going in on Monday the 27th and then as a treat, getting the underside of the hood painted a high gloss black and having the raised running pony painted silver.
Sponsored