Squealing sound when braking?

rbeaudo1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustgang GT Premium A10 VB Roush charged
When I took mine in I had a copy of the TSB with me and it states to replace pads and rotors my dealer just ordered the parts did not even test drive it
Sponsored

shelby367

being me since 1964
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2015 ecoboost premium, PP (received)
no squeal

I had the TSB done and so far no more squeal (only 75 miles approx) and the brakes feel as good as they did so I am pleased.
I want to give a shout out to Brighton Ford (Brighton CO), they ordered the parts without any BS and called me when they were in. They even gave me a ride home and picked me up when it was done.
Mike

FordService

Ford Customer Care
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Hey Jeff why the hell is your company trying to piss off it's customers? You have a TSB that applies to your customer's cars based on a build date and a noise that we've complained about but you're still not going to help. All this anger and frustration because your techs couldn't replicate a noise after a 2 minute car drive? Some have even provided a video. These dealers get reimbursed for warranty work. :frusty:
I understand what you're saying. A technical service bulletin however, is not a recall. It's a procedure to follow when a vehicle issue falls within the criteria laid out on this bulletin. Your dealer does have to replicate the concern to verify that it falls within the criteria, as different concerns may cause the same symptoms. As your CSM is my highest point of contact, and I don't work directly with the dealers, the CSM is in the best position to further address any questions you have regarding the TSB.

Jeff

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Ruby Red
So here's my update with this wonderful brake squeal issue. I haven't been aggressive about getting this fixed, since for me it only happens when the brakes are cold and I'm driving very slowly turning to the right. Most the time I can avoid the squeal, but not always (of course the "not always" is always at the most embarrassing time). I told the dealer about it a month ago and took it in, but they said they weren't able to get it to squeal and so couldn't do anything. I waited until recently to make sure the TSB was all figured out, parts were flowing, and others were happy with the fix, and contacted them again. I took it in for a second time, and again wasn't able to get it to squeal (I think because they are across the city and by the time I get there the brakes are warmed up). However, he said since there is a TSB on it, they'll go ahead and order the parts. So they called me yesterday to say the parts were in and I dropped it off at the dealer at 7:00 this morning... good news is they were able to hear the squeal... bad news is he called me at 2:00 to say the TSB he had looked at was an older version calling for the same parts as original, and now there is a newer version of the TSB with new parts, and those are backordered. ARRRRGGGHHHHH!:headbonk::headbonk::headbonk::mad::mad::mad::frusty::frusty::frusty::doh::doh::doh:
So... I wasted another day taking my car to the dealer and will get to do it again once the parts arrive.
At least they've agreed to the fix, so there's a light at the end of that tunnel.

GT Pony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium, Black w/Saddle, 19s, NAV
bad news is he called me at 2:00 to say the TSB he had looked at was an older version calling for the same parts as original, and now there is a newer version of the TSB with new parts, and those are backordered. ARRRRGGGHHHHH!:headbonk::headbonk::headbonk::mad::mad::mad::frusty::frusty::frusty::doh::doh::doh:
Hummm, first time I've heard there was a revision on the TSB.

Sponsored

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
So I have a question that I have not seen answered. My understanding is the TSB is only for PP cars. My GT auto with 19 inch wheels and no performance pack has squealing brakes also in front. Does the TSB cover non-PP cars or is there a secondary TSB or am I out of luck

klumpikat

Chick driver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 'Stang GT Premium
So I have a question that I have not seen answered. My understanding is the TSB is only for PP cars. My GT auto with 19 inch wheels and no performance pack has squealing brakes also in front. Does the TSB cover non-PP cars or is there a secondary TSB or am I out of luck
The TSB is for Ecoboost PP and standard GT, which have the same brakes. It does not apply to GT PP.
:)

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
So here's my update with this wonderful brake squeal issue. I haven't been aggressive about getting this fixed, since for me it only happens when the brakes are cold and I'm driving very slowly turning to the right. Most the time I can avoid the squeal, but not always (of course the "not always" is always at the most embarrassing time). I told the dealer about it a month ago and took it in, but they said they weren't able to get it to squeal and so couldn't do anything. I waited until recently to make sure the TSB was all figured out, parts were flowing, and others were happy with the fix, and contacted them again. I took it in for a second time, and again wasn't able to get it to squeal (I think because they are across the city and by the time I get there the brakes are warmed up). However, he said since there is a TSB on it, they'll go ahead and order the parts. So they called me yesterday to say the parts were in and I dropped it off at the dealer at 7:00 this morning... good news is they were able to hear the squeal... bad news is he called me at 2:00 to say the TSB he had looked at was an older version calling for the same parts as original, and now there is a newer version of the TSB with new parts, and those are backordered. ARRRRGGGHHHHH!:headbonk::headbonk::headbonk::mad::mad::mad::frusty::frusty::frusty::doh::doh::doh:
So... I wasted another day taking my car to the dealer and will get to do it again once the parts arrive.
At least they've agreed to the fix, so there's a light at the end of that tunnel.
I'm glad they're going to fix it for you. I think the service rep fudged up and ordered the original parts. There is no old/new TSB. Bull shit! The "old" TSB called for a newly designed rotor to be installed. I would have told them to give me a free oil change for wasting my time.

Tamadrummer88

Finicky
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EcoBoost Premium
Mine only squeals when cold. Should I get it done anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Mine only squeals when cold. Should I get it done anyway?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's how mine was. And then it became far worse.

Sponsored

Qwkynuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
As near as I can tell, there are 3 brake options for the 2015 Mustang:

1. The V6 and standard (non PP) EcoBoost get 12.6" rotors with 2 piston fixed calipers in the front, and 12.6" rotors with single piston calipers in the rear.
  2. The standard (non PP) GT and the EcoBoost PP get 13.9" front rotors with 4 piston fixed calipers, and 13" rear rotors
  3. The GT PP gets 15" rotors up front with 6 piston Brembo calipers, and the 13" rotors in the rear

Premium trim levels don't make a difference in this scenario.

It is easy to see that there is only one brake option that is shared by any GT *and* any EcoBoost.

So, the TSB applies to EcoBoost cars with the Performance Pack, and GT cars without the Performance Pack. The wording in the title of the TSB is a little ambiguous, but it can only logically mean one thing.

If your service writer suggests that it applies to both the Eco PP and the GT PP, ask him or her why it is that the TSB only lists one part number for the rotors, when those cars have vastly different brakes?

Finally, the TSB states that it only applies to cars built prior to Feb 11, 2015. If your car was built after that date, presumably you already have the new parts, so there would be no reason to install them again.

I hope that helps.

And FWIW, My GT with 19" wheels and no performance pack screeched like a freight train for the first 10,000 miles. It was built in late October. The TSB was applied just about a month (and 1,800 miles) ago, and it has been noise free ever since.

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Great to hear Qwkynuf. Looking forward to having this taken care of!
tammadrummer88, mine only does it when the brakes are cold too, but why live with a squeal at all? You don't have to.

Endokendal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm glad they're going to fix it for you. I think the service rep fudged up and ordered the original parts. There is no old/new TSB. Bull shit! The "old" TSB called for a newly designed rotor to be installed. I would have told them to give me a free oil change for wasting my time.
Yeah, I hear you. sounds like a crock of shit.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
As near as I can tell, there are 3 brake options for the 2015 Mustang:

1. The V6 and standard (non PP) EcoBoost get 12.6" rotors with 2 piston fixed calipers in the front, and 12.6" rotors with single piston calipers in the rear.
  2. The standard (non PP) GT and the EcoBoost PP get 13.9" front rotors with 4 piston fixed calipers, and 13" rear rotors
  3. The GT PP gets 15" rotors up front with 6 piston Brembo calipers, and the 13" rotors in the rear

Premium trim levels don't make a difference in this scenario.

It is easy to see that there is only one brake option that is shared by any GT *and* any EcoBoost.

So, the TSB applies to EcoBoost cars with the Performance Pack, and GT cars without the Performance Pack. The wording in the title of the TSB is a little ambiguous, but it can only logically mean one thing.

If your service writer suggests that it applies to both the Eco PP and the GT PP, ask him or her why it is that the TSB only lists one part number for the rotors, when those cars have vastly different brakes?

Finally, the TSB states that it only applies to cars built prior to Feb 11, 2015. If your car was built after that date, presumably you already have the new parts, so there would be no reason to install them again.

I hope that helps.

And FWIW, My GT with 19" wheels and no performance pack screeched like a freight train for the first 10,000 miles. It was built in late October. The TSB was applied just about a month (and 1,800 miles) ago, and it has been noise free ever since.
Ok thanks. Mine is GT, no PP, built 1/15/15, so it sounds like the TSB applies. And it SQUEALS!!!

dconfer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Parts finally came in. Have an appt next Thursday to have it fixed. It's going to nice not to have the squeal.
Sponsored