POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
Is the brake squeal restricted only to cars with PP? TSB 15-0030 was only for 5.0 and 2.3L built before 2/11. Convertibles were not allowed the PP option, so maybe one less defect for me to worry about when it finally arrives.

All GT's (non-PP)
EB w/PP (have same brakes as the GT)
Sponsored

MELLOWYELLOW06

MELLOW 2.0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY GT PP
I think Bruinfan had the same problem.

I hope it gets resolved for you all and doesnt show up in mine!

John, perhaps you can come to some more meets now that brakes wont squeal ;)

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
I think Bruinfan had the same problem.

I hope it gets resolved for you all and doesnt show up in mine!

John, perhaps you can come to some more meets now that brakes wont squeal ;)
I'm in if they're on Sundays :thumbsup:

Qwkynuf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ruby Red Mustang GT
I had a day off yesterday, so now that the TSB is out, I thought it would be a good idea to have the dealer look at it.

As (bad) luck would have it, yesterday was the first time since about 250 miles (7800 now) that it *didn't* squeal.

The service writer claimed that they didn't have anyone who could look at it right then, and made an appointment for me to bring it in next Monday morning. I showed him the video that I posted earlier in this thread on my phone, to support the idea that this is not just "performance brake noise", and he agreed that we were looking at a problem. He asked me to make sure that I kept the video in case the car doesn't squeal on Monday, either (of course it did today....)

I didn't bring up the TSB yet, because I want to see if they can get there on their own. Seems like they really dig in their heels when I start with "I read about this problem on the Internet...."

Can't wait to see what happens Monday.

hojos1014

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samantha
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT TY Premium
So far, so good!!!

Called the dealer last Wed (3/11) and Service department wanted to make appointment for today (3/17)....They were going to go ahead and order parts and said that should give them time to come in. They said they would have to reproduce the sound, in order to meet the TSB requirements...I dropped car off after 5pm on Monday (3/16) and got loaner car. I also showed them the short video I recorded Monday morning on my phone as I stopped at the end of my driveway, where it squeaks just about every morning as I pull out...

They called around 10am this morning - car was ready. They weren't able to reproduce the sound, but she said the service technician looked at the rotors and said that it looked like they would be making noise and she said I had showed her a video, so they went ahead and switched them out. I picked up this evening after 5 and did a long drive afterwards and no squealing!!

Sponsored

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
So far, so good!!!

Called the dealer last Wed (3/11) and Service department wanted to make appointment for today (3/17)....They were going to go ahead and order parts and said that should give them time to come in. They said they would have to reproduce the sound, in order to meet the TSB requirements...I dropped car off after 5pm on Monday (3/16) and got loaner car. I also showed them the short video I recorded Monday morning on my phone as I stopped at the end of my driveway, where it squeaks just about every morning as I pull out...

They called around 10am this morning - car was ready. They weren't able to reproduce the sound, but she said the service technician looked at the rotors and said that it looked like they would be making noise and she said I had showed her a video, so they went ahead and switched them out. I picked up this evening after 5 and did a long drive afterwards and no squealing!!
So they ordered the parts for you before they were even able to reproduce the sound?

hojos1014

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samantha
Vehicle(s)
So they ordered the parts for you before they were even able to reproduce the sound?
Yes....When I called last week, she said she would go ahead and order them, so they would have them when I brought it in.....I bought my car off the lot beginning of Jan., on a whim, and hubby took it back at the end of Jan. for them to get some adhesive off that was from transport...I had him ask about the squealing brake issue and at that time, he was told it was due to the new material used in brakes and there really wasn't anything they could do..They could turn rotors but for other makes/models that had squealing - it usually only lasted for a couple weeks. I wasn't happy w/ that answer and didn't want them to turn them... So the service lady was aware it was an issue for me back in January.

There was a missing piece in the passenger door handle when I took deliver, so they had ordered that it for me back in Jan. and it JUST came in last week. When I talked to her on Wed., I asked if she thought the brake parts would also be backordered and if so, would she want me to keep the appointment. She said she would call me if the Parts department thought it would be awhile but if I didn't hear back from her, then everything was a go. She said IF they were backordered, she still wanted me to bring it in this week, so they could reproduce the sound and would just need to install once parts were in but would call me and let me know that before I brought it in. When I dropped it off last night, she said the parts were in.

I just checked the service sheet they gave me this evening and they reference the 2 part numbers mentioned in TSB.

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Well I am glad you got the parts already. I went in on the 11th and still have yet to get mine in and the excuse I am receiving is that there is a limited supply. Very frustrating. I also purchased mine from the same dealer in January and had gone to them a week after I purchased it with this issue, and was shunned like I was crazy. Unlike your dealer, mine did not try to fix the issue but rather tell me that the brakes are new and need to break in.

What are the two part numbers?

hojos1014

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Samantha
Vehicle(s)
What are the two part numbers?
FR3Z 2001 A and GR3Z 1125 E

They didn't give me a copy of the TSB - I looked back at page 21 of this thread and saw that the part numbers listed there matched the service sheet I got tonight.

Hope your parts come in soon!!

V8Venom

700 Club
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT500
Vehicle Showcase
Ok that's what I was wondering, thanks! And yea me too, I am getting impatient. I want to drive my car more but am so afraid of that noise that I just end up taking my A4 places instead.

Sponsored

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race red mustang GT premium

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Dealer just called me, said they have the parts in and when I do want to come in for them to install them. I only brought it in Monday, so only two days to come in? You guys think they got the wrong parts?

POOPonYOU

I Do Stupid Well
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red GT Premium
I'll take a picture if the new rotors so you can compare. It'll be a few hours cause of work. Doesn't take long to get the rotors. You should be fine.

Varekai

Mustang Enthusiast
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I'll take a picture if the new rotors so you can compare. It'll be a few hours cause of work. Doesn't take long to get the rotors. You should be fine.
Thanks. Only wondering because they told me 5-8 days, and some people on here seem to be taking a while.

mvp90805

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gabriel
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race red mustang GT premium
just dropped of my car at the dealer to get them change
Sponsored