SPRING RATES & DROPS: ALL IN ONE THREAD!!

VertMustang98GT

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
This thread is awesome.

I'm thinking of getting Eibach Sportlines with Koni Yellows struts/shocks.

I rode in both Sportlines and BMR Handling springs this weekend. My opinion. The BMR handled great but the drop wasn't anywhere close to the Sportlines. Both rode very similar.

Sinub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
This thread is awesome.

I'm thinking of getting Eibach Sportlines with Koni Yellows struts/shocks.

I rode in both Sportlines and BMR Handling springs this weekend. My opinion. The BMR handled great but the drop wasn't anywhere close to the Sportlines. Both rode very similar.
Which BMR's springs were they?

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I'm pretty sure Koni shock/struts are already available.
No sir. If they were they would be on my car or in transit. I am so desperate that getting the Ford Racing Struts/Shocks tomorrow.

Sinub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

Sinub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
No sir. If they were they would be on my car or in transit. I am so desperate that getting the Ford Racing Struts/Shocks tomorrow.
I haven't tried looking into whether you can order them or not but I do see some online vendors posting them up on their website. I'm guessing they're just taking orders then?

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I haven't tried looking into whether you can order them or not but I do see some online vendors posting them up on their website. I'm guessing they're just taking orders then?
Correct. They are ready to take your $$$$$ :). I am going to give the Ford Racing a go and if I do not like them I will give them my $$$ and the Ford Racing suspension will be up for sale.

Sinub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Correct. They are ready to take your $$$$$ :). I am going to give the Ford Racing a go and if I do not like them I will give them my $$$ and the Ford Racing suspension will be up for sale.
I personally think Koni Yellow's would be worth the wait. Do you have any idea when they'll be available? Are the FRPP shocks even adjustable?

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I personally think Koni Yellow's would be worth the wait. Do you have any idea when they'll be available? Are the FRPP shocks even adjustable?
Beginning of May. Bilstein and Koni. QA1 has shown some interest but will be in probably a year.

Sinub

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Beginning of May. Bilstein and Koni. QA1 has shown some interest but will be in probably a year.
That's not that bad. It would definitely be worth the wait especially if the FRPP shocks aren't adjustable.

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone who has Steeda Progressives added the Steeda S550 Mustang IRS Subframe Alignment Kit #555-4838 at the time of the install?...do you recommend?...a Steeda rep claim they do it on all their installs...

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Has anyone who has Steeda Progressives added the Steeda S550 Mustang IRS Subframe Alignment Kit #555-4838 at the time of the install?...do you recommend?...a Steeda rep claim they do it on all their installs...
Yep, I did. Mine was off by a bit less than .25"

MtnBiker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
... I prefer the drop of the Sportlines to the Ultralite linears. The drop on the Steeda front springs isn't enough, IMO, and the front still looks like it has more wheel gap than in the rear.
It is possible to get the Ultralight linear in front and the Steeda Sport Linear in back. Same spring rates but not as much drop in back. I just ordered a set direct from Steeda.

David@Steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.steeda.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
Bolt-on, slammed S197
It is possible to get the Ultralight linear in front and the Steeda Sport Linear in back. Same spring rates but not as much drop in back. I just ordered a set direct from Steeda.
So that was you on the phone! :)

import111

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Post some pictures when you get them installed. Sounds like a great setup.