SPRING RATES & DROPS: ALL IN ONE THREAD!!

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
Plates gives you so much more adjustability than just the bolts...worth it in my mind.

Bear380spin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2021 5.0 manual
Plates gives you so much more adjustability than just the bolts...worth it in my mind.
I was thinking of getting them because people had issues getting them into proper alignment after lowering their car.

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
And you are correct...look at my setup in my sig...i'm dropped as far as you can go and still effectively use the "helper" springs that are on the front coilovers. I wouldn't dream of doing it without the plates with what I have going.

Bear380spin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2021 5.0 manual
Thanks and Do you think I am going to rub with a 1.5 inch drop?

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Not sure...my SVE 19x10's have an offset of +40, and I will tell you there is no more room for a wider tire than 285...your offset if +35 and you're in a newer Mustang so I am not qualified to answer that.

Bear380spin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2021 5.0 manual
Not sure...my SVE 19x10's have an offset of +40, and I will tell you there is no more room for a wider tire than 285...your offset if +35 and you're in a newer Mustang so I am not qualified to answer that.
Oh okay and just curious how much inches is your mustang drop?

5.0_SD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
IIRC somewhere between 1.75" and 2"...can't remember exactly.

Weeee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1, Mach E GT
Would anyone have the spring rates on the regular Mach 1 and the Mach 1 Handling Package? Thank you

69boss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kasey
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT mustang Premium
Any recommended set ups for daily driving with autocross and an occasional track day? Currently on coilovers and they're not for me. Looking at FP struts and shocks and FP springs just because I know it will work well together. Let me know if there are better combos

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
Any recommended set ups for daily driving with autocross and an occasional track day? Currently on coilovers and they're not for me. Looking at FP struts and shocks and FP springs just because I know it will work well together. Let me know if there are better combos
I think for your purpose the popular combos are:
-The FRPP track kit
-FRPP dampers/BMR SP083 (what I have)
-Bilstein dampers/BMR SP083
-Steeda dampers(adjustable or non)/Steeda dual rate springs

69boss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kasey
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT mustang Premium
I think for your purpose the popular combos are:
-The FRPP track kit
-FRPP dampers/BMR SP083 (what I have)
-Bilstein dampers/BMR SP083
-Steeda dampers(adjustable or non)/Steeda dual rate springs
I've been considering your exact setup. How is the ride quality for daily driving?

Biggsy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Warren
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP, '10 Tundra
I've been considering your exact setup. How is the ride quality for daily driving?
its great in my opinion. I dont daily my car but I still find it bearable on the street. I know some people are more sensitive to road harshness so its all preference. For the direction I see myself going, I rather set it up for optimal track use than street use. I've read that the steeda springs are a bit more comfortable on the street with how the rates operate.

69boss

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kasey
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT mustang Premium
its great in my opinion. I dont daily my car but I still find it bearable on the street. I know some people are more sensitive to road harshness so its all preference. For the direction I see myself going, I rather set it up for optimal track use than street use. I've read that the steeda springs are a bit more comfortable on the street with how the rates operate.
The coilovers I have are recommended for a track car. I bought them without knowing what I was getting into after the American Muscle guy on the phone convinced me to get these instead of the FP Track handling pack lol. They do handle extremely well but way too firm for my liking. 672 lbs/in up front and 784 in the back when the BMR is 300 up front lol.