Sponsored

sport mode, track mode base model gt

jdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Oxford white
I have a 2015 mustang gt base model. Are there any ways to get it to go into the track mode without without having the switch on the console? All I have is the button for traction control. I know if you push the button twice it will turn on the sport mode. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
Sponsored

ridenfish39

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT PP
You need to be stopped. Press the brake pedal down and hold the button for about 5 seconds, that will get you in track mode

OP
OP

jdawg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Oxford white
Thanks for the advise

73MachI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT M6 PP ESP Magnetic
Default at every start-up:
- Traction Control On
- Stability Control On

Single tap: "Traction Control Off"
- Traction Control Off
- Stability Control On

Double Tap: "AdvancTrac Sport Mode"
- Traction Control Reduced
- Stability Control Reduced

Press & Hold: "AdvancTrac Off" (e.g. Track Mode)
- Traction Control Off
- Stability Control Off

AdvancTrac helps to maintain control of your vehicle on slippery surfaces using Traction Control and Stability Control by applying brakes to individual wheels and reducing engine power.

Traction control helps to avoid drive wheel spin and loss of traction.

Stability control helps avoid skids and lateral slides.

On a Base Mustang, this is all completely independent of the steering setting.

Sponsored

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
You need to be stopped.
not true

- Traction Control On
- Stability Control On

- Traction Control Off
- Stability Control On

- Traction Control Off
- Stability Control Off

AdvancTrac helps to maintain control of your vehicle on slippery surfaces using Traction Control and Stability Control by applying brakes to individual wheels and reducing engine power.

this

bombagee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT - PP
- Traction Control On
- Stability Control On

- Traction Control Off
- Stability Control On

- Traction Control Off
- Stability Control Off

So to do a burn out or to kick the ass end out around a turn, you would want to have "AdvancTrac Off" but still will be affected by torque management and clutch protection systems correct?

73MachI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
So to do a burn out or to kick the ass end out around a turn, you would want to have "AdvancTrac Off" but still will be affected by torque management and clutch protection systems correct?
Yeah, if AdvancTrac is off, then regardless you still have the limited slip differential involved, whether it's a clutch or a torque sensing diff.

I've had the torsen straighten me out on corners on the street with nannies on full. (And thank goodness, first time was when I was test driving a GT in spring with cold asphalt.)

bombagee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT - PP
Yeah, if AdvancTrac is off, then regardless you still have the limited slip differential involved, whether it's a clutch or a torque sensing diff.

I've had the torsen straighten me out on corners on the street with nannies on full. (And thank goodness, first time was when I was test driving a GT in spring with cold asphalt.)
Thanks, only had the car a month and still trying to learn how to drive it, just seems excessively hard to horse around with it, figured it wouldn't be hard to kick it out around turns and spin into second/third, but it always seems like it just goes instead.

Just learned about torque management and clutch protection yesterday and from what I understand, any tune other then a Roush tune will void warranty.

73MachI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, only had the car a month and still trying to learn how to drive it, just seems excessively hard to horse around with it, figured it wouldn't be hard to kick it out around turns and spin into second/third, but it always seems like it just goes instead.

Just learned about torque management and clutch protection yesterday and from what I understand, any tune other then a Roush tune will void warranty.
Hey mate

I've had my GT-PP for 5 months and am going to my first HPDE school this Saturday. Then Track School next spring.

I think that it's more difficult to do things with the nannies on (although certainly not impossible to get into a very, very bad situation).

My suggestion would be get into an HPDE class if there is anything in your area. I've been driving for many decades, but have a lot of respect for 435HP on public roads. Just make sure that you turn off the nannies in any HPDE school or on the track...!

Can't speak to warranty issues, my car is bone stock and probably staying that way - my cash is going into HPDE and track school and open track days. To each their own!

With nannies on full, I've broken traction in the rear end on many occasions (always on corners). However, the torsen always catches it before the nannies do.

Sponsored

BBB

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Premium GT Poverty Snack
base model cars don't have selectable driving modes

i.e. track mode

bombagee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Base GT - PP
Hey mate

I've had my GT-PP for 5 months and am going to my first HPDE school this Saturday. Then Track School next spring.

I think that it's more difficult to do things with the nannies on (although certainly not impossible to get into a very, very bad situation).

My suggestion would be get into an HPDE class if there is anything in your area. I've been driving for many decades, but have a lot of respect for 435HP on public roads. Just make sure that you turn off the nannies in any HPDE school or on the track...!

Can't speak to warranty issues, my car is bone stock and probably staying that way - my cash is going into HPDE and track school and open track days. To each their own!

With nannies on full, I've broken traction in the rear end on many occasions (always on corners). However, the torsen always catches it before the nannies do.
Absolutely, I live in a rural area and the only place I try to "play" I never drive foolishly in town where I would risk involving anyone else.

There is a road track about 3 hours from where I live that I will be looking into next summer. I'm not familiar with what HPDE stands for though, so I don't know if there's a local one to me.

*** sorry OP for high jacking your thread ***

73MachI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
base model cars don't have selectable driving modes

i.e. track mode
Hey PPP

Yes, they have 'Sport Mode' and 'AdvancTrac Off' as per my comment above.

I have a base and I do exactly this.

73MachI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
I'm not familiar with what HPDE stands for though, so I don't know if there's a local one to me.

*** sorry OP for high jacking your thread ***
Sorry, HPDE = High Performance Driver Ed. Teaches you how to manage your car at it's outer performance envelope via classroom and track with trained instructors.

Ditto on the thread hijack OP! Apologies.

bigb996

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT, 89 wrangler Sahara
I guess you could call them modes but they really aren't. They are just traction based settings. The premium is the only way to gain modes. Us base guys don't get the ability to have throttle response changes and things that are more track oriented. With that said traction control was unheard of for many years so you can still have fun and compete on a track without them.
Sponsored