Sponsored

Spare tire - Dead weight or haul it along?

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
^ the good thing about that kit is the tire diameter matches the stock tires, unlike the ford kit with a smaller tire diameter that does not match...
If I really needed more trunk space, I would go for that one. It would save maybe a couple of inches?
Sponsored

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Does the car also have a jack and tools? Will she/you actually use the spare or just call for a tow?

Roger Blose

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 1988 Mustang GT, 2009 Lincoln MKZ
Keep the spare. One tire problem and its time for the flat bed tow truck with no spare to get home. AAA will change to the spare if you have one other wise hope that your car does not get damaged by the tow. And where does the tow guy take you on a Sunday afternoon? The tire store where they are closed and will need to order your tire in a day or two. One flat becomes a two or three day ordeal.

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
It’s only dead weight until you need it. Kind of like insurance.

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Keep the spare. One tire problem and its time for the flat bed tow truck with no spare to get home. AAA will change to the spare if you have one other wise hope that your car does not get damaged by the tow. And where does the tow guy take you on a Sunday afternoon? The tire store where they are closed and will need to order your tire in a day or two. One flat becomes a two or three day ordeal.
I would have it brought back to my home and take the flat to the tire shop.

Sponsored

finallygotone23#

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pete
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0 mustang GT
I have a 2017 GT and was bought 2nd hand so came with no repair pack or spare tyre so the first mod I made was to seek out an original space saver spare and added my own jack and brace. I would never run without a spare as I dont trust the chemical repair kit to be able to solve all issues that might present themselves.

Schuvwj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Roush Supercharged
I carry a full size spare tire for two reasons, one to have a full sized spare tire should I experience a flat and second for the additional weight in the rear.
Having 670 horsepower i need all of the weight in the rear to keep it between the lines. I also haul my Roush tool box every where.
Sponsored