Sound quality?

Hashmatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT350 (ordered)
I know I'll catch some static for even asking this question, but I'm just curious... How is the sound quality out of the stock sound system with the electronics package? I'm coming out of a Lexus RCF with the Mark Levinson audio and it was pretty nice. Although I should state that before the Lexus, I had an 05 GT that had headers and was cammed and it was crazy loud. I never even listened to the radio because you couldn't hardly hear it anyway. Truthfully, I would rather just listen to the exhaust note and be perfectly happy. But since I'm paying for a package that includes a radio upgrade, I thought I'd ask how it actually is - assuming anyone here has actually turned it on. :D
Sponsored

icormba

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Jeep SRT8 / GT350R / FocusRS
I know I'll catch some static for even asking this question, but I'm just curious... How is the sound quality out of the stock sound system with the electronics package? I'm coming out of a Lexus RCF with the Mark Levinson audio and it was pretty nice. Although I should state that before the Lexus, I had an 05 GT that had headers and was cammed and it was crazy loud. I never even listened to the radio because you couldn't hardly hear it anyway. Truthfully, I would rather just listen to the exhaust note and be perfectly happy. But since I'm paying for a package that includes a radio upgrade, I thought I'd ask how it actually is - assuming anyone here has actually turned it on. :D
Not that great though it is better than my 370Z. I can only really hear the radio with the windows up, in normal mode, or 6th gear.

p.s. I didn't get the Tech package for the radio.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I think you are going to be disappointed in the stereo. I just came from an M4 that had HK, which was ok/ not great, but this is a step down from that. I need to read more on the forums, but I don't think it had HD radio, which is noticeable when listening to music. Using my iPhone 6 for music though it doesn't sound bad. Probably nothing like the Mark Levinson though as that is one of the best stock systems I've heard in quite awhile.

FYI, I have the tech pack.

xt6wagon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 base triple yellow
highs are pretty good for a stock system. Bass is beyond bad.

So things like INXS are good, WhiteZombie is horrid sounding.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
highs are pretty good for a stock system. Bass is beyond bad.

So things like INXS are good, WhiteZombie is horrid sounding.
That's what I'm currently finding out.

Nice to see you over here. :cheers::D

Sponsored

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know
It's the perfect system for news, talk radio and oldies, which is all I ever listen to in the car. This should tell you volumes about the sound quality. :barf:

MisterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'13 Taurus SHO & '16 GT350R
The sound system in the R electronic package is near useless. Hard to hear anything unless cruising around slowly. But I didn't buy this car for the radio (or Sync3) so I'm not really complaining.

Ronp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT500, Iconic, '19 F150 ScrewFX4
Sound system leaves a lot to be desired. I listen to a lot of talk radio so its ok half the time. The other half i wish it sounded on par with the shaker system i had in my 12gt but it seems underpowered and lacking in bass. I'll eventually swap out the speakers and see if that helps.

Big reg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Infiniti FX50S
I believe the 17's now come with a 9 speaker Shaker system. Pretty sure I saw it in the order guide and also interior pics show the Shaker written in front of the shifter. Not sure how good it will be but I'm sure it will be better than the old Tech pack system.

Sponsored

eric n

HNIC/Head Ninja in Charge
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ericnolan.com
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
16 Shelby RR B&W stripes GT350 G0249
I am no audiophile, but it's a pretty piss poor system. Compared with my wife's 2015 Lexus GS350 (non levinson) it's horrible. Ultimately if quality tunes are important to you, prepare to spend between 1,000 to 3,500 for some upgrades. If you are like many of the board members who only need the music of 8250 rpms don't worry about it.

mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
The MY16 system was poor, even for non-audio enthusiasts. The system just isn't adjustable in the way it needs to be (a 7-band EQ would work wonders). Even with the bass all the way up, you have to CRANK it up to 3/4ths volume to get any decent performance out of the lows. I don't think that the system isn't capable, it's just poorly tuned.

I'll see shortly what the difference between MY16 and MY17 is as #2 should be delivered within the next 2 weeks.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
The stock system sucks. I replaced six of the seven speakers(didn't want to get in the dash). I picked up some Alpine components from Best Buy, about $269-ish. Nothing crazy, but night and day better than stock for not much $$.
:)
Apologies as I am new here and haven't searched a lot of threads. But, is the amp ok on the Tech Pack cars? If not, are they easy to get to and replace or would it mess with the whole Sync3 system?

Nazaar33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2006 Infinity M45, 2009 Nissan GTR, 2015 F150
In my car ( MY16 tech pack) Sound system is not that good (lows are almost non-existent)...coming from someone that likes "good" quality sound.
I replaced the door and rear speakers...and added an amp to them.

So have a question for anyone that may have added an amo to their car: do you have any issues with alternator whine? I have some in mine....and can't seem to find the source as of yet. Amp has a noise filter on it and I even tried a gadget that you out on the alternator to try to catch any noise at that point...but to no avail.

Wondering if anyone else has had this type of issue on this car...?
Sponsored