Sponsored

Some nice new parts for my 6!

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Why is this in the performance section?!?
Makes sense to post here since these are all things that no V6 comes with.

I might be interested in those sill plates at some point. I'll be looking out for the install. I have the 50th sill plates so no lights
Sponsored

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
Very cool! I think I'd like to get the sill plates and the pony projectors.. Can't wait to see the install!!

VIN666

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Makes sense to post here since these are all things that no V6 comes with.

I might be interested in those sill plates at some point. I'll be looking out for the install. I have the 50th sill plates so no lights
Let us know how much all the leds take off your et...

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
good stuff.. when are you going to install the projection lights? Looking forward to reading on it. :thumbsup:
Haha I am thinking it will be sill plates, projectors, cup holders. I am waiting on the lower plastic cover on the mirror that can accept the projectors. I will be sure to post part numbers in my install thread.

Sponsored

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Why is this in the performance section?!?
Because this is the only V6 section and I figured some V6 owners would be interested in seeing the parts installed. I am posting the install threads in their respective places and posting links in the OP.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dustin
Vehicle(s)
2015 ruby red v6 3.7L 3.15 diff
Haha I am thinking it will be sill plates, projectors, cup holders. I am waiting on the lower plastic cover on the mirror that can accept the projectors. I will be sure to post part numbers in my install thread.
Can you buy the entire side mirror kit from the PP would like the turn signal lighting and projectors and warning sensor. Basically want the PP for v6 lol. Figured I would ask before going to dealer to see options.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Can you buy the entire side mirror kit from the PP would like the turn signal lighting and projectors and warning sensor. Basically want the PP for v6 lol. Figured I would ask before going to dealer to see options.
Yes you can buy the entire mirror assembly. Wether or not you can get the blind spot sensor working is doubtful. The system uses many senors throughout the car which would have to be added. On top of that the body control module would have to be reprogramed to work. The projectors, signal lighting, and heated mirror function can be made to work nwith a bit of custom wiring.

johnkeel105

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Ford Focus SE
BLIS typically requires 4 radar sensors and is embedded in the 360 degree radar sensor. I would not bother ordering the mirrors with BLIS on a non BLIS car.

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
Sill plates installed! Follow link in op to thread.

Sponsored

Spartan_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT/PP M/T
I plan on getting a base GT/PP but I love the pony projector lights! So I'll be interested to see the install. Keep us updated! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
zackmd1

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
I plan on getting a base GT/PP but I love the pony projector lights! So I'll be interested to see the install. Keep us updated! [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I plan to install those next! Unfortunately they will not be as easy as the sill plates. Some cutting/modification will be required to the bottom panel of the mirror. I have found out that you cannot just buy the premium lower panel like I was hoping.

Last edited:

ktp1598

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bobby
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona Blue California Special
Interested as well!

professorwoofx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
All of them
I plan to install those next! Unfortunately they will not be as easy as the sill plates. Some cutting/modification will be required to the bottom panel of the mirror. I have found out that you cannot just buy the premium lower panel like I was hoping.
I ordered the puddle lights too so I am planning to use a dremel to cutout the opening like the factory housing.
Some of the assembly looks similar to last years model so I can use this video to help with taking the mirror apart. [ame]

Do you know if there is anywhere to tap into the switched power when the door is open around the mirror?