Sponsored

Solo Performance GT exhaust systems review - updated with photos/videos

Which Solo Performance version do you have?

• Mach XV

Votes: 77 38.3%
  • Mach Thunder

Votes: 70 34.8%
  • Street Race

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Axleback

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • other (with header, H-pipe, etc..)

Votes: 16 8.0%

• Total voters

Moetoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT
Khmmmm...See the very first post in this topic?
My black tips look nothing like the tips in the first post and they look nothing like the tips on the solo website and this is the second set they have sent me cause the first set was even lighter color
Sponsored

OP
OP
COYOTEV8

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 401A PP TY
My black tips look nothing like the tips in the first post and they look nothing like the tips on the solo website and this is the second set they have sent me cause the first set was even lighter color
Really? I didn't know that. The first ones were powder coated. Could you please post some pics about the new ones?

Moetoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT
Really? I didn't know that. The first ones were powder coated. Could you please post some pics about the new ones?
I would but I'm on a tablet and I can't figure out how to get the picture on here..if anyone knows how to add a picture on a iPad let me know and I'll add it

OP
OP
COYOTEV8

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I would but I'm on a tablet and I can't figure out how to get the picture on here..if anyone knows how to add a picture on a iPad let me know and I'll add it
I use photobucket.com - just create a free account, upload the photo there, click on the photo, next to it there will be several links, just click on the IMG (it will be copied to the clipboard) then simple paste it into your post. (Do not use the image function here, just copy and paste that link)

Sponsored

OP
OP
COYOTEV8

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
This is what The black tips I got look like
I guess you figured it out in the meantime. :cheers:

So, interesting, these are really different than the powder coated ones I got earlier... I'm not sure why they have changed the coating, the powder coated ones were much darker...

Could you please post a picture after you installed then on your car too. I'm really curios about how they look like there...

Moetoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT

So, interesting, these are really different than the powder coated ones I got earlier... I'm not sure why they have changed the coating, the powder coated ones were much darker...

Could you please post a picture after you installed then on your car too. I'm really curios about how they look like there...
The first set I got was really close to the same color so I called Steve at solo and sent him a picture and his exact words were those are not black tips so they sent me a new set and the picture is of the new set...I love the exhaust but I do not like the color of the tips they look nothing like the tips they show on the website

Moetoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT

Tips on car don't look black to me...sorry for the upside down pics I don't know why it flips the pictures
image.jpg

minubaba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem + PP
I already have 1 7/8" SP Headers with "factory connect".

What are people doing with factory connect that upgrade to 3" solo cat back? I imagine no one wants the header to neck down to 2.5 and back right up to 3"...

Should I contact a Stainless Works vendor about this? Or are people cutting/welding their way out of this issue?

rainier446

Professional Amateur Tech
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 OW GT/PP
Wow. Yea, mine are black black. They're a gloss black powder coat, darker than the MBRP satin black. I'd say it's the same as the Corsa black tips.

Sponsored

gundam83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Oxford White
They aren't like the first post anymore. They are anodized now and not super black like black powdercoat would be, they are black however. Where I work we call the finish black chrome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's what I received. Which i prefer 10x more than the matte black tips on by other mfgs. Good blend between flashy stainless and RACECAR black. The hint of blue on the inside of the tips look awesome too.

Moetoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT
That's what I received. Which i prefer 10x more than the matte black tips on by other mfgs. Good blend between flashy stainless and RACECAR black. The hint of blue on the inside of the tips look awesome too.
The blue does look cool on the inside of the tip but my car is blacked out and the only thing not black is these tips so they really stand out

OP
OP
COYOTEV8

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I guess it's again very subjective, but I also prefer the powder coated "black" black tips.

Can you ask Steve about the powder coated option?

Moetoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT
I guess it's again very subjective, but I also prefer the powder coated "black" black tips.

Can you ask Steve about the powder coated option?
I wI'll ask him about it but the powder coated tips are what they show on the website as the black tips so it's a little disappointing that they don't use them and send u something different...I would of went a different way so I could have black tips to match my blacked out car

Moetoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15GT
I just talked to Jeff with solo and he said they had some problems with rock chips that's why they don't use the powder coat tips anymore and I explained to him my side for wanting the coated tips and he took care of everything and I should have the tips in a few weeks...awesome service solo is #1 in my book
Sponsored