Sponsored

Solo Performance GT exhaust systems review - updated with photos/videos

Which Solo Performance version do you have?

• Mach XV

Votes: 77 38.3%
  • Mach Thunder

Votes: 70 34.8%
  • Street Race

Votes: 29 14.4%
  • Axleback

Votes: 13 6.5%
  • other (with header, H-pipe, etc..)

Votes: 16 8.0%

• Total voters

umarov

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CO Premium PP
Thunders are arriving tomorrow! Took almost two weeks since the time I ordered. This was from Maryland Speed. Shipped by Solo. Can't wait for this weekend.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Sponsored

Brian Z.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Thunders are arriving tomorrow! Took almost two weeks since the time I ordered. This was from Maryland Speed. Shipped by Solo. Can't wait for this weekend.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Same here. Supposed to be here tomorrow so i can install it this weekend :clap2:

rainier446

Professional Amateur Tech
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 OW GT/PP
Anybody want to swap their mach-xv mid-section for my mach-thunder? ;)

Installed catless headers last week and it sounds like I'm driving a drag car everywhere lol

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Anybody want to swap their mach-xv mid-section for my mach-thunder? ;)

Installed catless headers last week and it sounds like I'm driving a drag car everywhere lol

Sorry can't help you,but been thinking of headers a little bit myself with my Mach XV. I'm such a newbe that I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize that the catback doesn't have any mufflers. Wondering could mufflers be added, or would that just be taking a step backwards?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

minubaba

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem + PP
Anyway to set this up as a quad exhaust system? I would love to use the roush quad diffuser ($200) along with a quald tip'd version of this system. Anyone pull this off? I have found several affordable 3" quad tips on ebay for less than $100...

Sponsored

rainier446

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 OW GT/PP
Sorry can't help you,but been thinking of headers a little bit myself with my Mach XV. I'm such a newbe that I wasn't paying attention and didn't realize that the catback doesn't have any mufflers. Wondering could mufflers be added, or would that just be taking a step backwards?
The mach xv system has the largest muffler available, of course it's in the midsection. I think adding mufflers (dependant on type) would completely change the exhaust. The axleback is what makes this setup unique and I love it but definitely need some sound suppression, I might have to add cats to help also.

If you're thinking headers I highly recommend them, just make sure you've got the tools or cash to get them installed.

rainier446

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 OW GT/PP
Anyway to set this up as a quad exhaust system? I would love to use the roush quad diffuser ($200) along with a quald tip'd version of this system. Anyone pull this off? I have found several affordable 3" quad tips on ebay for less than $100...
Probably, the tips are slip-on to the ball-joint segment for adjustment so in theory yes you could. They won't be true quad tips like the magnaflows but they could happen.

OP
OP
COYOTEV8

COYOTEV8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 401A PP TY
Solo has all kind of quad tips as I posted here earlier:

http://solo-performance.com/exhaust-tips

You need a valence accommodating them though...

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The mach xv system has the largest muffler available, of course it's in the midsection. I think adding mufflers (dependant on type) would completely change the exhaust. The axleback is what makes this setup unique and I love it but definitely need some sound suppression, I might have to add cats to help also.

If you're thinking headers I highly recommend them, just make sure you've got the tools or cash to get them installed.

Yep I hear you on the tools and cash for headers, that's down the road quite a ways though if it ever happens. I would need to have cats though as I have to pass emissions here. I thought the thing in the center was called a resonator and had something to do with engine firing order and pulse (talking out my arse here (newbe))?

rainier446

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 OW GT/PP
Yep I hear you on the tools and cash for headers, that's down the road quite a ways though if it ever happens. I would need to have cats though as I have to pass emissions here. I thought the thing in the center was called a resonator and had something to do with engine firing order and pulse (talking out my arse here (newbe))?

There is a difference between a resonator and a muffler but the solo system uses a muffler. Cats will definitely help maintain a reasonable level of sound, I'm digging around for a video of the mach XV system with headers right now to see if I can salvage the system or swap it for a different brand that's quieter.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Sponsored

Riktar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Honestly headers + any exhaust is going to be loud as hell. If quiet is what you're aiming for headers + oem might be your best bet.

rainier446

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shawn
Vehicle(s)
'15 OW GT/PP
Honestly headers + any exhaust is going to be loud as hell. If quiet is what you're aiming for headers + oem might be your best bet.
Lol, I'm guessing you haven't read my review on the mach thunder then.

When you have factory manifolds and cats, to me the mach-thunder can't be beat. It's loud when you want it to be, zero drone, and very pedestrian when cruising. A quick blip of the throttle lets everyone around know it's a beast, but if you modulate normally and just drive around it's just a bit louder than normal (to me). Now enter the world of catless headers...

I've ran catless headers before, and loved them. When I was younger I ran catless headers with the magnaflow magnapack (competition) exhaust on my old 4.6 mustang and loved it. Super deep muscle car tone, car had cams and some serious lope so at idle it was freaking fantastic. I lived in hawaii so drone wasn't an issue because you were never at steady throttle longer than 15-20 minutes. You can check it out here, but there's no revs [ame] (yes I had a 2000 also, it was gutted and used as an autox car)

This car however (15 GT), is a freaking monster now. The mach thunder exhaust is high flow and you can see daylight through the center muffler. The factory cats is what made it tame and manageable before. When I start the car it cackles to the high heavens and wakes up my neighbors (through an acre of woods), I leave for work at 5:30am so needless to say they're not happy. When I keep it at or below 2k it's fantastic, it sounds very aggressive but not overearing at all. Anything above that and it sounds like someone unleashed a funny car on the street. It's insane, and I'd venture to say louder than catless headers mated to the corsa extreme (which is stupid loud without headers). At this point it's just unrealistic to keep it this way so I've contacted Steve about getting the mach xv sent out so I can remedy this soon. If that's not quiet enough I'll look at some add-on resonators behind the xv muffler but I really don't want to go catted as the ghost cam tune sounds phenomenal.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Anyone have pictures of the black tips..how black are they

They aren't like the first post anymore. They are anodized now and not super black like black powdercoat would be, they are black however. Where I work we call the finish black chrome.

Sponsored