Sponsored

Sock's Project 6G

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
@SOCK;

Regarding your TT, is this going to be a production kit eventually or just in-house kit? Including your Intelligent Boost Controller.
With TT addition, based on my past experience, the engine gets hot very quickly under boost. Will you be offering any additional cooling system?

Thanks!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Sock

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 6spd PP Magnetic
@SOCK;

Regarding your TT, is this going to be a production kit eventually or just in-house kit? Including your Intelligent Boost Controller.
With TT addition, based on my past experience, the engine gets hot very quickly under boost. Will you be offering any additional cooling system?

Thanks!
That is up in the air at the moment, as the first order of business is the chassis. The current plan is to build our kit as a prototype kit for production. But this may change if some of the Manufacturers, we are friends with, get involved and co-op a kit that meets our standards.

As for cooling, that will come once we are able to test our system. The location of the turbos has a lot to do with the amount of heat in the engine compartment, and we plan to mitigate this with our mounting location.

Z_Rocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Import
That is up in the air at the moment, as the first order of business is the chassis. The current plan is to build our kit as a prototype kit for production. But this may change if some of the Manufacturers, we are friends with, get involved and co-op a kit that meets our standards.

As for cooling, that will come once we are able to test our system. The location of the turbos has a lot to do with the amount of heat in the engine compartment, and we plan to mitigate this with our mounting location.
You sound very level headed. Brings confidence to customer. :thumbsup: :cheers:

FR500GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Saleen
This sounds like a good project. Curious to see how the square 325's fit if you eventually run them.

OP
OP

Sock

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 6spd PP Magnetic
This sounds like a good project. Curious to see how the square 325's fit if you eventually run them.
We know the 325's are going to require body mods, but after I get this first package together, I will be chomping at the bit to cut it up.

Sponsored

dcrypter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
'15 Mustang GT
An update on our first wheel and tire setup: I have ordered a set of 18x11s from our friends at ForgeStar. We are going to use this set up to push the envelope of fitment on a stock bodied 2015. Since we are already sponsored by Falken tire we will run the same 315/30-18 squared setup we run on our Twin Turbo 67 Pro-Touring Camaro. The original plan to run the 325s is still in play, but we know we will have to modify the body to make it work.
So much rubber...

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Being sponsored by Falken might make things tricky, but if you are going to compete with the car on track or auto-x I'd love to see those tires compared to BFG Rivals. Are you going to run the 615K?

OP
OP

Sock

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 6spd PP Magnetic
Being sponsored by Falken might make things tricky, but if you are going to compete with the car on track or auto-x I'd love to see those tires compared to BFG Rivals. Are you going to run the 615K?
We are running 615Ks. Luckily I have a set of Rivals we can test also. Our 1967 Camaro, that won CAM at SCCA Nationals, runs the same Falken tire. The biggest difference we see between the two is based on ambient Temp. The Rivals like it when its hot out, Falkens heat up quicker and do better when its cooler out.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
We are running 615Ks. Luckily I have a set of Rivals we can test also. Our 1967 Camaro, that won CAM at SCCA Nationals, runs the same Falken tire. The biggest difference we see between the two is based on ambient Temp. The Rivals like it when its hot out, Falkens heat up quicker and do better when its cooler out.

That's awesome that you have both! I heard the same about the Falkens and also that they tend to overheat when ambient temps are high. My only experience with Rivals is what Terry Fair reports on his blog, so to get some nice comparison info from you would be very cool. Also the Rivals are almost $100 cheaper than the Falkens in that size, going off of TireRack and Discounttiredirect.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Sock

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 6spd PP Magnetic

Todd15Fastback

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP Fastback
Helluva video! I am really impressed with the PP as a stock setup. The brakes seem awesome as well for stock hardware.

Good comments about the Boss and the passengers car with a full suspension and 295's running the same 2:06 lap times vs. stock '15 GT PP.

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
Terry doesn't drive it any harder then I do, and I had already done 3 race sessions and two teaching sessions. Plus he knows the "if you break it, you buy it" rule! :)

And thanks for putting up the link, I got bogged down at the shop and forgot.

I would let a pro run my car on track as long as I'm in the car with him!

Having watched the video now I'm extremely interested in seeing the car with driver only and on some more dedicated tires like Rivals. Stock suspension, brakes, power, everything but tires and put it up against the red car. :headbang: ( yes I know it won't be as fast as the franken-aero widebody car with tires the size of Texas)

OP
OP

Sock

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT 6spd PP Magnetic
I do not ride "right seat", luckily our buddy Mark wanted to ride to compare to his fully prepped S197. Terry and I have raced together quite a bit, so I was not worried.

I would like to test it with just tires as well, but I am concerned the extra traction would make the, less then optimal dampeners, get over worked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LindsayEOD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
Awesome video sock.
Sponsored