Sponsored

So is anyone else's 2022 Mustang a dumpster fire?

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I have a 2019 GT. And most of its issues have been because of me. I beat the hell out of my car and will take the blame for all of my issues. It was purchased with a supercharger. I took the cats out and put headers in at 1200 miles. Tuned it at 12,000 miles two years after that. Put 8000 miles on it in two months. Misfires on cylinder 6 at 23,000 miles and had to have the whole engine replaced. Warranty was denied. Thank God, Geico paid for the new engine. They wonā€™t be doing that again though. The new engines a POS that overheats but it wonā€™t be going back to the Ford dealership. Ever. Since I am an Engine up Iā€™ll put engine number three in it on my own dime if I ever have to.

Transmission hasnā€™t given out yet at 650 WHP and I havenā€™t had any other issues.
Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
Right around the same time as mine, I was June. ...& damn dude, you drive a LOT!
Iā€™m a widower with a lot of vacation days. This is a beautiful country that we live in. Thereā€™s no better way to see it than from a Mustang convertible.

IMG_0433.jpeg

JetGray_Mach1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Martin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 (HP)
Iā€™m a widower with a lot of vacation days. This is a beautiful country that we live in. Thereā€™s no better way to see it than from a Mustang convertible.

IMG_0433.jpeg
Right on! Just recently I have started to travel, glad you are enjoying yourself.

OP
OP

w00dendan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance
Well I got mine back, they say it was just the brake light switch. If the brakelight switch reads as the collision assist / abs / front passenger airbag faults, whatever engineer designed that should be fired. We'll see if it sticks this time as opposed to last Thursday.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
I've had my 2022 since September 2022 with ZERO problems except the silly Brake fluid Alarm recall.....that letter is in the glove box for a future owner if there ever is one!! :like: :like:
Same here, I'm ignoring the recall for that and no need to keep the letter as they'll have a record that your car hadn't had the recall completed. It's not like I don't regularly check fluid levels underhood so I seriously doubt I'd have an issue unless there was a sudden leak in the brake system. I just don't want them to touch my car then have other issues crop up after they touch it. It's been fine in over 3-1/2 years so it won't see the dealer unless it's something really serious.

Sponsored

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
LOL I agree. Toyota and Honda always are assholes to deal with. I remember looking for a car for a friend. The guy told me "These cars are priced as they are because they are the most reliable cars, can your Ford go to 500K miles" My answer was " Yes some do, I have got them to 200K no issues. Truth is rather drive a fun car plus I don't want to drive a car for that many miles anyway" LOL
Not to mention the fact that the 500K Toyota is not the usual. I've seen many that barely can hit 150K without some major issue like burning oil, corroded frames, etc.

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
I have not read all the pages in this thread but FORDS (FixOrRepairDaily) do have their QC issues. One would think a 2022, 8th year in on this generation of Mustang, would be (should be) flawless. I had 3 Fords back in the 60s and 70s and they were all crap. Never had one again until I bought the 2022 Mustang GT. Just over 11,000 km (about 7000 miles for you Americans) and it has at least 3 issues that will be looked at in June (service date).

Firstly a recall on the brake system warning indicator and an update on the BCM is required. Really? How can code go bad from one year to the next, or one vehicle to the next?

Secondly, the TPMS indicators are not programmed right. Put air in left front and right front indicator goes up on screen. Really? Into 8th year of production and the QC on the line cannot get that right?

Thirdly, the AT has some kind of annoying electronic control, or control valve, issue. Under some load, the tach moves up 100rpm or so every ~10 seconds as if it is hunting. Happens in at least 5 gears that I can tell and at rpm between 1500 and 3000 best I can tell. Really? this 10 speed has been around for at least 5 years, if not more. They can't get QC right at the factory?

This old boomer bought this vehicle specifically for its muscle car image as a last hurrah before they take my license away. If it wasn't for the Coyote sound and vehicle styling, I would have bought a 'real' sports car. I did have hopes that this 8th year of this generation would be essentially flawless like all the Japanese vehicles I have owned for 40 years, but alas Ford has yet to get their QC in order. Regardless, this vehicle will most likely be a keeper for the summer only driving (actually 8 months) it will get.......for now.
TPMS usually don't flag when you add air, it flags low pressure, not high. My experience was that FORD was First On Race Day :like:. Seriously though, I've seen QC issues on Chryslers back in the day more often than Ford and Chevys had major rust problems with their "Body by Fisher" era. More often than not, common problems affect certain models more than manufacturer badges like Vega or Pinto, etc. I've gone with the GT because I trust NA engines more than boosted for longevity and reliability. Seems every manufacturer has gone to turbos due to EPA fuel economy regs and such but as long as I can still get a V8 that's NA, I'll keep going that route.

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
UPDATE:

The dealers says it's throwing anticollision, abm, & passenger airbag codes because the brake switch is bad...?

Who TF knows but they tested it & it failed, so it's bad. I would guess it probably got contaminated when the clutch master cylinder was leaking fluid into the car, I'm skeptical that's the whole problem, but šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø
Bcm reset. I had the same codes and more and bcm reprogram fixed it

Ogopogo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Prem Vert, 2020 Mazda CX-5 GT Turb
TPMS usually don't flag when you add air, it flags low pressure, not high. My experience was that FORD was First On Race Day :like:. Seriously though, I've seen QC issues on Chryslers back in the day more often than Ford and Chevys had major rust problems with their "Body by Fisher" era. More often than not, common problems affect certain models more than manufacturer badges like Vega or Pinto, etc. I've gone with the GT because I trust NA engines more than boosted for longevity and reliability. Seems every manufacturer has gone to turbos due to EPA fuel economy regs and such but as long as I can still get a V8 that's NA, I'll keep going that route.
I didn't say TPMS flagged high pressure but when I add air to left front, I can watch the pressure reading going up on the right front on the screen. Clearly, bad QC and will get it re-programmed at the next servicing.

Overall, my 55 years of experience with Japanese vs American cars has been night and day between them. None of my American experiences (Ford, GM, Chrysler) have been very good with one exception (1979 Olds 98 with a 403V8). The worst POS of all was a 1991 Dodge Caravan as a family hauler. It had more recalls over more years than I can remember.

Bob Lob Law

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
'22 GT Premium
I didn't say TPMS flagged high pressure but when I add air to left front, I can watch the pressure reading going up on the right front on the screen. Clearly, bad QC and will get it re-programmed at the next servicing.

Overall, my 55 years of experience with Japanese vs American cars has been night and day between them. None of my American experiences (Ford, GM, Chrysler) have been very good with one exception (1979 Olds 98 with a 403V8). The worst POS of all was a 1991 Dodge Caravan as a family hauler. It had more recalls over more years than I can remember.
Well....It clearly says in Webster's dictionary:

Dodge- to avoid.

Sponsored

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I've not had any problems.

Threads of this nature often involve a car with the same, unfixable issue.

If you decide to call it a day and move on, I believe there are two general pathways:

1. As you mentioned, Ford's Buy Back Program.

2. CA's Lemon Law. The following gives a high-level brief:

https://dcba.lacounty.gov/portfolio/the-lemon-law/#:~:text=California's Lemon Law applies when,covered under the manufacturer's warranty.

In either pathway, it's my belief you'll not receive what you paid for the car. There will be a depreciation calculation for the time and or miles you had use of the vehicle.

Would Ford buy the car back? IDK. If it was the same issue being repaired several times, that'd put a lot in your favor. While you've been plagued by multiple failures, they do appear to be fixing them on the first try.

Regarding CA's Lemon Law, I see several statements involving arbitration, something many states have moved to. If engaging on this front, Ford will have their representation present. You could go it alone, but it'd be best to have some support. If a lawyer was involved, there will be the matter of them being paid. Finally, CA's Lemon Law says the arbiter could decide on something other than buying the car back.

Legal issues are messy and state-specific. If seriously considering either avenue, you could seek out an attorney that specializes in or has experience with lemon laws and buy-backs paying them for an hour of consult. There might be one in your immediate area offering free, initial discussions.
Good info ^^^

ā€”ā€”ā€”ā€”

In order to qualify for a Ford RAV Buy back:
- Ford RAV goes by State Lemon Laws and Provisions within those laws. They donā€™t and wonā€™t deviate from them.

- The Owner has to research and understand their Home Stateā€™s Lemon or Buy Back Laws, because every State is different and the provisions also vary. Only use the info directly from their State .gov site and NOT 3rd party websites.

- In many instances the Owner has to have filed for a Lemon/Buy Back claim within 12-15 months of ownership as well as within IIRC 12k-24k miles (both mos and miles vary by State) - which ever comes first. This filing has to be done from the date of the vehicle purchase invoice.

- The other parameters that usually have to be met too (in no order of what is seen below):
ā€”-Vehicle has had at least 3 attempts at repairing the Customer concern with documentation to back up those attempts (ie: shop invoices or work orders) where the repair has not fixed the issue.
ā€”- Vehicle has been In-Op at the Service Center for a period of 30-consecutive days OR (again based on State laws) 30-calendar days within a year.

There may be other parameters based on State Laws that have to be factored into or met with the above 2, but those 2 are the most common seen within the 50 States Lemon Laws.

Now IF the Lemon Claim could be filed and Ford RAV were to agree to a Buy Back, the Owner only has (2) options at that stage:
1) A swap of collateral which means the owner can pick any other New Ford vehicle that is equal to the MSRP of the Lemon. It cannot be a lower MSRP. If it is a higher MSRP, then the Owner has to come up with the difference. It does NOT matter at all what the Owner originally paid for the Lemon, it doesnā€™t matter if they had discounts, great OTD pricing etc., the Ford RAV swap of collateral is strictly MSRP to MSRP, period.
2) Refund. The Owner would be refunded all monies paid for the vehicle, they turn in the vehicle and walk away from Ford. Now Iā€™ve heard of some folks being offered say $2500 off their next Ford purchase to entice them to buy a Ford product, but with the current world environment that incentive discount may no longer exist.

If the vehicle is beyond the Lemon Law 12-15 months from invoiced vehicle date regardless if accrued miles are below 12-24k, trying to file a Lemon/Buy Back claim is pointless because it would get denied.

BBB also operates under the Ownerā€™s Home State Lemon Law/Buy Back provisions. They are merely a mediator between the Owner and Big Corpā€¦ they canā€™t change or deviate from the State Law, they can only hear the concerns, make sure the facts line up with the claim and deny or favor a win to the Owner based on all facts and claim filings. There is no guarantee that BBB filing will be a ā€œwinā€ for any Consumer.

The only possible loophole I see that could be tried is IF and only IF the first invoice/work order for the supposed Lemon Claim is within the 15-24 mos OR 12-24k miles of the vehicleā€™s invoiced purchase date. If the claim is that the initial repair was in that allowable period AND subsequent attempts of the same repairs later beyond the invoiced vehicle date did not fix the concern - there *might* be a slim chance that the claim would be heard or reviewed by Ford RAV. IF the initial repair invoice was beyond the Lemon Law parameters per that Home Stateā€™s parameters, then the claim is definitely moot.

The Owner doesnā€™t need an Attorney; they can file a Lemon Claim themselves providing they retained all the facts (work orders, invoices, any correspondence between them and the Service Center or Ford).

if a Lemon claim canā€™t be filed based on the vehicle being beyond the State Lemon Law provisions outlined above - then at this stage, the only way out would be to sell the car outright OR trade it in on another vehicle IF the Owner isnā€™t upside down in the loan (IF a loan exists).

For more info on Lemon/Buy Backs, search the following terms on this site:
Ford Buy Back
Lemon Law
Ford RAV
Ford RAV worksheet
Buy Back
RAV Lemon
MSRP to MSRP

Iā€™ve provided a lot on this subject matter over the years - much more than what is posted here in this response with greater details.

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
They bought it at auction and the auction house lost the title. They had to order a new title. It was not disclosed to me that the title was lost when I bought the car. Now they have a new title but this whole ordeal cost them $1000 or so that they wanted from me, so we had a Mexican standoff about that until they finally caved. Now theyā€™re salty about it so theyā€™re dragging their feet on mailing the title.

everybody screams sue when I tell them, but thatā€™s a sure fire way to get the title locked up for another 4 months while the lawsuit is pending. My best option is just to wait and keep bothering them.

the bank is on them about it too, problem is they are one of the biggest dealers in Illinois so the Illinois SOS could care less

the latest update is they claim they mailed it to my SOS, my SOS says no
šŸ˜¢

Sad to hear. I don't know if I am going to say the following correctly but I think might be a solution. Isn't there a way to file a claim with the department of motor vehicle and they could pursue the dealership or revoke there license for not complying?

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
šŸ˜¢

Sad to hear. I don't know if I am going to say the following correctly but I think might be a solution. Isn't there a way to file a claim with the department of motor vehicle and they could pursue the dealership or revoke there license for not complying?
As I posted earlier I have contacted the dmv in Illinois and they refuse to even take my complaint because they do a lot of business with that dealer

Crew4991

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Crew
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang, 2006 Viper
I refuse to buy any car made in the pandemic years. I remember all the nonsense about supply and I wouldnā€™t be shocked at all if the QC was relaxed a bit so they could keep selling.
Agreed. šŸ’Æ
The fact that Toyota quality started to decrease slightly after the pandemic should be an indicator that the industry as a whole relaxed the quality restrictions.