So I just drove a A10 Mustang GT for the first time

Cordero1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
I was happy-ish with my A10. I should of either never got it tuned or just got a manual.
Sponsored

ScottyRyan2018

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BMW M2, 2023 Mazda CX-30
I love my 2022 GT with an A10 ( Wengerd tuned on E85).

I prefer the A10 so I can drive one-handed and keep my right hand free so I can grab Bo-Bo's shirt potatoes on the way to see Beetlejuice .

VoR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
The 6 speed MT was mandatory for me. That was the most important item above color, trim, etc. I would see 1 MT around here for every 10 auto available.
I have a 66 Charger with a 383 big block, and oh how I wish it had the 4 spd MT, but it has a torqueflight 727 3 spd auto.
Different strokes for different folks

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
That's an Italian language thing: here you put the sexes also into inanimate objects, point in case cars are feminine. So I just drag it into English. I know it's grammatically incorrect but for cars I make an exception as well many native speakers (as far as I can see).

I don't understand your joke, if you care to explain it...
I was just ribbing you a little bit, but as explained by someone else, Drag is when a dude dresses like a woman.

I always get a kick out of the big lifted trucks with balls hanging from the trailer hitch (literally looks like a nutsack) and the driver refers to his truck as a her.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I love my 2022 GT with an A10 ( Wengerd tuned on E85).

I prefer the A10 so I can drive one-handed and keep my right hand free so I can grab Bo-Bo's shirt potatoes on the way to see Beetlejuice .
Makes perfect sense.

Sponsored

ORRadtech

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang EcoBoost convertible, 14 Ford Fusion SE
I want to learn how to drive a stick but I didn't want to learn on my daily car. I also feel it would be a challenge because I barely have any leg room to work 2 pedals. Im nearly too tall for this car but thankfully I only hit my head on the roof over bumps or if I look to the left
If you don't daily drive a stick shift you'll never become really proficient at it.
Best way to learn is buy an older manual car or truck and DD it for 6 months or so.
My wife and I both learned in our teens and we taught our kids how to before they were 20.
I taught my daughter in a WalMart parking lot at 1am and sent her to college in it the next day. 20 years later and she's still comfortable with a manual transmission.

1MeanZ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeremy
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP M6 1986 Camaro IROC-Z
Personally I found the regular run of the mill GT with the Getrag transmission badly geared:
That's because it is. a '17 and earlier MT82 with a 3.73 gear is a fantastic combo. See quote below. I have a tuned '16 PP car and the spacing is great.

The trans in my 2016 with the PP2 tune was excellent. Great trans.

S550 HPP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Ecoboost High Performance Package
i drove a HPP 10spd and it was boring. drove a bullitt and it was a riot.
i think had i drove a 6spd hpp i probably would have ordered one.
I love my 2020 HPP six speed. Had to order one.

EZ-GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eliam
Vehicle(s)
Whipple charged 2019 Mustang GT Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
3 years back, I went to the Ford dealership heart set to get a manual, even test drove it and everything. The dealer said that he wouldn’t live with himself if he did not have me test drive the A10 as well. One 40 roll pull in sport and one dig in drag, and I was in love.

To me it felt like an F1 car going through the gears. It’s was hard to ever look back at the 6spd.

Some times I miss the total control of a manual but then I get stuck in bumper to bumper traffic in midtown Manhattan and it goes away quick.

Sponsored

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
Some times I miss the total control of a manual
I don't have this regret anymore because it's more a fairy tale than a reality. A modern automatic with converter lockup acts - and feels - exactly like a manual when it's engaged.

I don't also feel the "gear hunting" that many are talking about, primarily because 80% of the time you can't tell it switched gears if not for the exhaust tone that changes... When you are driving fast just use the paddles....

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
....everything else was a far cry from my 6 speed GT. No character, no emotion, the car felt bland and when putting the pedal to the metal at 30-40mph in second gear it just didn’t feel like my 6 speed GT.
Well......I mean......it's going to be quite a bit faster. Including the "pedal to the metal at 30-40MPH in 2nd gear".

I'm a manual guy, but the A10 is going to be significantly faster.

As far as character and emotion......that's subjective.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I thought 10 speeds was overkill, 7 or 8 would have been enough. But aside from that, I really liked my 10 speed... very flexible with lots of modes and settings to play with. It always kept my interest. I drove manual transmissions for 60 years and I don't miss it. But, I understand why they still appeal to some people. I have family members I taught to drive on manual transmissions, who still won't drive anything else.

PoCoBob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium, 2016 Edge Sport
I'm still 50/50 on my A10. In normal mode it shifts so smooth you literally can't tell it shifted, but the car feels sluggish. In any of the sports modes the shifts can be pretty harsh, which is fine if you're booting along a twisty country road having fun but for regular use those shifts get tiresome pretty fast. I really miss the six speed auto in my 2011 Mustang.

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
Does it get sideways on rainy days when it shifts hard? That actually sounds kinda fun. My first car had a transmission whose shifts were largely operated by a vacuum pump and if there were vacuum leaks the car would shift comically hard.
Sponsored