So I just drove a A10 Mustang GT for the first time

Tucker80

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang CS, 2024 Civic Type R, SV650
Had a 21 GT 6spd and made the mistake of test driving a 10spd GT... Its amazing to think that they're the same car. The manual was fun, but it's so much slower than the auto. Went auto and never looking back.
Sponsored

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I wouldn't mind driving a manual GT down the strip but I would need some seat time before I beat up anyone's transmission driving it like I stole it :)

That said, I don't miss rowing gears. The Roush tune neuters Drag mode, but Wengerd's tune brings it back in full force. Nothing like breaking the tires free and making them bark at 110mph.

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
as a previous A10 owner- yes if you didnt put in drag mode you would not have gotten the full experience..... A10 in drag mode is very very good
I did put her in drag mode but It didn't felt like a blast. Car and trans up to operating temperature, drag mode engaged then I floored it.
Fast for sure but I didn't hear the car squat (I have magneride and it works), the tires spinning in second and other things you see on YT videos.
I did something wrong?

CrazyHippie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT/CS
I have a mixed impression of my 10R. I didn't really have a choice 'cause I didn't order mine, but after 4 back surgeries, the auto is necessary. First, the 10R simply has too many gears. During the first 1,000 miles, I was convinced that there was something very wrong with it - unstable hard shifts, erratic and unpredictable shifting patterns, lugging, etc. I had two dealers check the fluid level and it wasn't low. (I insisted on seeing the dipstick the second time.) Then after those first 1,000 miles, the car taught me how to drive it and it settled down. Alot. Once I pulled the carbon filter and dropped a K&N in it, it smoothed out a little more. I'm very happy with it now. One thing that still bugs me is the lag when you're using the paddles, especially from first to second. I've learned to hit the paddle as soon as the car moves from a stop and it works. It absolutely will spin the tires if you mash it to the floor at 80mph, which is a blast. It is definitely different from every other auto that I've ever driven.

I absolutely love my Mustang!

LowPSI

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2019 RTR Series 1
There are drivers and there are passengers. I know I prefer the former.

Sponsored

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
I have a mixed impression of my 10R. I didn't really have a choice 'cause I didn't order mine, but after 4 back surgeries, the auto is necessary. First, the 10R simply has too many gears. During the first 1,000 miles, I was convinced that there was something very wrong with it - unstable hard shifts, erratic and unpredictable shifting patterns, lugging, etc. I had two dealers check the fluid level and it wasn't low. (I insisted on seeing the dipstick the second time.) Then after those first 1,000 miles, the car taught me how to drive it and it settled down. Alot. Once I pulled the carbon filter and dropped a K&N in it, it smoothed out a little more. I'm very happy with it now. One thing that still bugs me is the lag when you're using the paddles, especially from first to second. I've learned to hit the paddle as soon as the car moves from a stop and it works. It absolutely will spin the tires if you mash it to the floor at 80mph, which is a blast. It is definitely different from every other auto that I've ever driven.

I absolutely love my Mustang!
It doesn't surprise me when you say the 10 speed has too many gears, it seems like it would be annoying in day to day driving.

On the other side of the argument, the 6 speed manual at least with 3.55 gears, gearing is so freakin long.. I get it, it's a big motor with decent torque and its a pleasure to rev out, and that means with taller gears you get more revving, but i'd like to drive one with 4.10s some day for some extra shove.

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
Heavy traffic kills any joy had from a manual . I like my A10 , it is so versatile . It's a beast of the line , it handles stop start traffic perfectly . My days of owning a manual are over unless i ever move deep country .

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
my 2020 was a 6 speed. I bought an A10 2022 on purpose, my other car has a TKX in it and rowing through the gears is just more fun in that car. Sitting in Atlanta traffic with a manual sucks too. Now my wife enjoys driving the Mustang some times too. It's much more useful to me in case I need to use the Expy to pull a trailer.

hlfbkd420

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Bilbo Hicks
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT w/ Roush P2 SC, 2015 KIA Sorento SXL
I did put her in drag mode but It didn't felt like a blast.

I did something wrong?
Just depends.. I always wonder why folks call a car a her and then say she has balls :) Good thing he was in drag mode...

/runs

Sponsored

Dapsters

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
22 gt premium performance, 22 civic, 95 f150
I want to learn how to drive a stick but I didn't want to learn on my daily car. I also feel it would be a challenge because I barely have any leg room to work 2 pedals. Im nearly too tall for this car but thankfully I only hit my head on the roof over bumps or if I look to the left

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
I always wonder why folks call a car a her and then say she has balls :)
That's an Italian language thing: here you put the sexes also into inanimate objects, point in case cars are feminine. So I just drag it into English. I know it's grammatically incorrect but for cars I make an exception as well many native speakers (as far as I can see).

I don't understand your joke, if you care to explain it...

joe603

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium PP
I have a 21GT 6MT and I get the complaints about the MT82...but you get what you pay for. If you want the Tremec, you're going to pay for it! The M1 was about 15k more than my loaded GT perf pack and now the Dork Horse is about 20k more. You could get the GT350, but you're going to pay for that engine. So I'll stick with the MT82. Find another 6-speed with a V8 for under 60k...not many options.