Sponsored

So, I got in a very minor accident tonight...how do you react when it happens?

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
What's everyone else's experiences in an accident situation? Have you overreacted and felt bad later for it, maybe continued to think they deserved the reaction, or are you normally a calm collected individual and can be somewhat relaxed in a situation as surprising as an accident?

I've taken from the incident that perhaps I need to relax a bit.
Initial reactions are almost always based on emotion and not reason... It was good of you to apologize afterwards. Regardless of her reason for being at fault, blowing up on hew won't change what happened or what she does next.

Shit happens, it's a car and it's fixable.
Sponsored

Jasber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Ingot Silver
I was pretty pissed (at myself) when this happened. Hit a bad dip at a high speed and it completely got away from me. Slammed the curb, hit a pole but no one else. Only myself and the road to blame. #%*^+ road! [emoji3]
7bb9fbee07e638b3170653ccd8767bcc.jpg
5c8e4af1ad794f821314a4fb7e4d12d3.jpg
12efa7fc1e7ce1bd717bb50caf3182dd.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farmundeh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic 2015 GT Premium
I once watched a guy slam into the rear quarter panel of my S197, and while I was parked in my own parking spot/driveway nonetheless (it's a private driveway behind my building). I calmly walked over as the dude got out of his Range Rover and started talking to him in a friendly manner. Long story short, it turned out he was a very successful doctor and partner at some hedge fund. He later mailed me a check for the full quote I received from some body shop I went to after I sent him a picture of the paperwork. Had this happened ten years ago, I probably would have lost it on him but thankfully I've reigned in my temper (somewhat).

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The rule for any accident is remain calm. Accidents happen. Getting heated and confrontational in today's "getting meaner by the minute" world is just a good way to go from riding in a mustang to riding in a hearse when you pop off to the wrong person. It ain't worth it.
It's also getting more stupid by the minute world and growing fraud by the minute world. People deserve what they get for the most part. 9 out of 10 times the person who caused the accident were just a flat out moron who need to go back to driving school or doing something they weren't supposed to when driving a few thousand pound car (or scarier with their kids in the car).

The ONLY time I ever hit someone in my life (caused the accident) was nearly 20 years ago when I first started driving, and it was sliding on ice in an ice storm at relatively low speed (about 10mph) and my car literally would not stop foot fully on the brakes for 50 feet (slid that far), and I took 99.9% of the damage in the front; their SUV had a golf ball ding in the rear bumper. A true accident due to the harsh Michigan winter, and before cell phones and car tech really existed to distract you. Truly no one's fault and couldn't be prevented.

It's hard to deal with such stupidity when 25-50% the people on the road are combined uninsured or underinsured. Hell, 14% of the US is driving uninsured!!!! http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2011-09-11/uninsured-drivers/50363390/1 Some states like here in FL are 24%!!! So I have a 1 in 4 chance of being hit by someone with no insurance and no assets to go after; meaning it's on me 100% to fix my car- my uninsured coverage, but still deductible and lots of costs; thousands. Im not shocked people get furious with those odds and ending up paying for someone else's bonehead mistake.

But I agree not worth getting shot over with how crazy and mentally ill the world has become overall.

I once watched a guy slam into the rear quarter panel of my S197, and while I was parked in my own parking spot/driveway nonetheless (it's a private driveway behind my building). I calmly walked over as the dude got out of his Range Rover and started talking to him in a friendly manner. Long story short, it turned out he was a very successful doctor and partner at some hedge fund. He later mailed me a check for the full quote I received from some body shop I went to after I sent him a picture of the paperwork. Had this happened ten years ago, I probably would have lost it on him but thankfully I've reigned in my temper (somewhat).
Unfortunately that's probably the vast exception to the rule vs. the uninsured and grossly underinsured out there.

Last edited:

Ray721

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
I went nuts when I got rear ended by a trucker in my 2006. Fucker didn't even know how to speak English.

Fast forward a couple years to this past summer. My temper got the better of me when I backed my new Mustang into my new Focus. (Duh!!!)

I am religious where I park the Focus in the driveway. So much so I can back out of the garage in my Mustang and everything is basically muscle memory/autopilot.

Well I moved the focus into its regular spot and went to leave. My fiancée asks me to move the focus back a bit for some fucking retarded reason. I didn't bother arguing because we've been here before so I caved and pulled back a bit.

A couple hours later after some dinner, sexy time and shower we go to head out and cruise around for the evening. I'm backing out and BAM!!! Hit the focus!

I hop out of the car. Look at the damage to the Stang and freak! Piece of shit focus should never have been there! I then kick the focus wheel. I decide that didn't feel good enough so I punch it leaving three knuckle prints in the rear quarter panel. Fuck you focus! Fuck you!

I'm retarded [emoji1][emoji1]

Sponsored

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
I called my neighbor a fucking asshole for him backing his truck into my car in the early morning because he was drunk and wanted a sausage biscuit on 4th of July weekend. I confronted him the next morning after my other neighbor saw him do it. He's a complete jerkoff. Kept telling me how the situation would be handled. I finally told him he could call his insurance or I could call the police. Needless to say, we don't speak all that much anymore. I told him and his wife what I thought about them after she told me "oh he drives drunk all the time". Wasn't much damage, less than $1k, which was good.

I video taped the entire thing. Pretty funny watching it later. The guy reminds me of Don Vito off Jackass, only not as bright haha

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
The girl said she thought I was going already and went to go, seems to me she was just in a hurry to get home and just wasn't paying enough attention. I don't think she was using her phone but can't say for sure.
My guess is the 18 year girl was goofing with a cell phone. You would need a rear facing dash cam to prove anything. Even then:

http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/...alties-lessened-in-charleston-and-mt-pleasant
Under new S.C. texting ban, penalties lessened in Charleston and Mt. Pleasant
$25 texting ticket is among the cheapest in the nation
Posted by Paul Bowers on Wed, Jun 11, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Under the state ban, lawbreakers can only be fined up to $25 for a single infraction, and violations will not be included in DMV or SLED records.

According to data compiled by Mother Jones, among the 44 states that now prohibit texting while driving, South Carolina's penalty is tied with Alabama's and Kentucky's for second-cheapest in the nation, behind California where the fine is $20.

paul123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GT
how hard was the hit ? < 5 mph ? > 5 mph ? You getting the car looked at ?

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
Like previously mentioned stay calm, but try to get them riled up a little. When they're screaming at you and police show up and you're calm, the police will instinctively side with you.
Good advice. Police respond better to you acting calm, than to your righteous indignation. Ask me how I know.

Mr Monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT Premium
8 years ago a 16 year old girl on her cell phone with her new puppy in her lap on her 1st solo drive (what could go wrong) veered into my lane going about 40mph and we hit head on totaling both cars. I saw her coming so I hit my brakes which caused me to get injured worse.

Once I saw it was a young girl I went into Dad Mode trying to calm her down. I was so hyped up I didn't feel any of my injuries/internal bleeding until hours later . Her dog was hurt but she was fine since she was clueless before the hit so didn't tighten up.

Sponsored

GNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
I was very very angry after this happened:

I wanted to open a can of whoopass on the guy who did it (delivery driver from a Chinese grocery store, who hardly spoke English!). I forced myself to stay in the car and stay calm and not have any interactions with him...:paddle:
What if it had been a delivery driver from a British baked goods store, who can speak perfect English?

GTP

Deutsche Pony
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.BambergAudio.com
First Name
Philip
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10 Outrageous Orange HPDE mods
What if it had been a delivery driver from a British baked goods store, who can speak perfect English?
Yeah, that would be a completely different situation. :lol:
Even so, looks like the same delivery guy got the silver car in the background, too.
Samurai Side-swiper!

GNS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
car
Even so, looks like the same delivery guy got the silver car in the background, too.
Samurai Side-swiper!
Yeah, completely different, because not being able to speak English is a prerequisite for poor driving skills.

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
I would have whipped his limey ass :lol:Race and ethnic origin doesn't figure into totaling my car...

ElAviator72

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost PP Deep Impact Blue (base 100A car)
Samurai Side-swiper!
Nah, this pic is from the body shop lot at my Ford dealership, where the car was towed after the accident. It happened a 7:15 PM at night, and between the adrenaline rush I was having after the accident and the darkness, photos from the actual accident aren't really forum post quality ;) I was so shaky I could barely hold my camera (phone)...
Sponsored