The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Well they checked parts availability yesterday, nothing in stock, shall see what the update is later, how Ford are not carrying items such as brakes though on stock is really shockingly poor.

Every single Ford dealership in the UK should have the following on the shelf:
- correct oil
- oil filters
- air filters
- brake disc
- brake pads
- pollen filter

Other items such as calipers, clutch kits should be available from an EU hub on a maximum of 5 day leadtime.

It really is the very basics! Still lets see what the update is when I collect the car. :)
Couldn't agree with you more mate!
Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Hi there

OK Ford HQ just called me, they said Burns have completed your service! :)

They said their assessment is a seized caliper and as such the car requires:
- Pair of rear pads
- Pair of rear disc
- Rear caliper
- Fluid

Warranty has approved this work, they are ordering parts and will give me a timescale when I collect the car.

They said they will give me an update on underseal later or in a few days. :)

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Hi there

- Pair of rear pads
- Pair of rear disc
- Rear caliper
- Fluid

Warranty has approved this work, they are ordering parts and will give me a timescale when I collect the car.

Everything until the last paragraph is positive.

Last paragraph, prepare for 'But Mr.Gibbo your underseal is fine, it's done to the specifications of the car'

Unless you want a massive faff, don't get into the bother with them, just raise it with those who you bought your car from and demand it's unsatisfactory (which it is)

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car collected!

Fantastic service so far, need take my service book in for the stamp though. Will drop by with it one day. :)

They said all is well but they believe the caliper piston is the fault and as such it will happen again so advised to not overly use the car.

They confirmed what Ford CRC said and warranty will pay for:-
- Pair of pads
- Pair of disc
- Rear caliper
- Fluid change

Wheel bearing checks out OK and no other issues with car.

Ford CRC said parts should be there Thursday but they had not checked stock availability, there is no stock, the dealership is contacting Germany tomorrow and if in stock will get them express shipped over so it can all be fixed next week. :)

They also removed the Steeda bushing differential inserts at my request too as since fitting 20" wheels with part worn tyres the NVH transmitted through the rear of the car went up, lot more road noise and diff whine can be annoying, I showed them the CJ video of Bill fitting them though don't think it was required they seemed pretty clued up and they had it done in less than an hour.

Though I got more than I bargained for by removing as my transmission clunk/thud is also completely remedied, I even tried to make it happen on purpose but the transmission is now silent and thud free, so unless they did something else on the service removal of those parts has killed NVH a lot and the ride harshness has marginally improved. Somewhere along the line the transmission thud these cars come with stock has being remedied as with the CB005 and diff inserts it became a clunk. But since service and removal of bushing inserts it is completely gone so the inserts for sure transmit the clunk but maybe they also did something else or re-positioned something on the car when they removed them or did the service as its completely gone. I shall ask them in case Ford know a fix and are secretly applying it when servicing cars.....

Of course I believe once the new PS4S are fitted tomorrow ride quality will improve again as the ÂŁ25 rear MPSS I used temporarily were pretty hard and down to 3mm, also had less grip than Pzero too, haha.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Hi there

- Pair of rear pads
- Pair of rear disc
- Rear caliper
- Fluid

Brilliant precedent against the warranty argument "once you mod your car the warranty is invalid". Nice work!!

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Brilliant precedent against the warranty argument "once you mod your car the warranty is invalid". Nice work!!

Yes neither dealership even raised eyebrow at the mods, though the guys in Congleton like the wheels a lot. :D

But I did say from the start it would not be the case and I was right. :)

End of the day dealerships get paid on warranty work, so they want to carry out warranty work as Ford pays them for it, so its a great earner for them.

Also what has failed on my car could in no way be caused by the modifications, braking system is stock, engine cooling is stock.

A dealership rejecting your car due to mods are either too busy or took a dislike to you for some reason, otherwise why would they turn down paid work?

But on that side of things both dealerships have being fine but this new one in Congleton is way more communicative which is everything!

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Yes neither dealership even raised eyebrow at the mods, though the guys in Congleton like the wheels a lot. :D

But I did say from the start it would not be the case and I was right. :)

End of the day dealerships get paid on warranty work, so they want to carry out warranty work as Ford pays them for it, so its a great earner for them.

Also what has failed on my car could in no way be caused by the modifications, braking system is stock, engine cooling is stock.

A dealership rejecting your car due to mods are either too busy or took a dislike to you for some reason, otherwise why would they turn down paid work?

But on that side of things both dealerships have being fine but this new one in Congleton is way more communicative which is everything!
The problem comes when the dealer just asks the question of Ford Warranty, like with [MENTION=14447]Centurion07[/MENTION] s thrust bearing.
Dealer: Is this covered?
Warranty: Is it modded?
Dealer: Yes
Warranty: No
Then dealer gives up. Clearly yours didn't give up, which is brilliant, or maybe Ford are just paranoid that a brake issue will make headlines whereas underseal, seat covers, thrust bearings etc. won't :shrug:
It would be interesting to compile a list of work actually paid for by Ford Warranty and link it to dealers who pushed for it. Once a precedent is set and documented they won't win in court.

BTW they'll tell you your car doesn't need underseal; the underneath is already covered in oil ;)

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The problem comes when the dealer just asks the question of Ford Warranty, like with [MENTION=14447]Centurion07[/MENTION] s thrust bearing.
Dealer: Is this covered?
Warranty: Is it modded?
Dealer: Yes
Warranty: No
Then dealer gives up. Clearly yours didn't give up, which is brilliant, or maybe Ford are just paranoid that a brake issue will make headlines whereas underseal, seat covers, thrust bearings etc. won't :shrug:
It would be interesting to compile a list of work actually paid for by Ford Warranty and link it to dealers who pushed for it. Once a precedent is set and documented they won't win in court.

BTW they'll tell you your car doesn't need underseal; the underneath is already covered in oil ;)

They said they are working on an underseal case for another Mustang, they said they will keep pushing, only time will tell.

I was honest and just said, it would be nice to have it done right, but the car will likely not be a keeper so the next owner can sort that if they wish.

Goosey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Magnetic
Car collected!

Fantastic service so far, need take my service book in for the stamp though. Will drop by with it one day. :)

They said all is well but they believe the caliper piston is the fault and as such it will happen again so advised to not overly use the car.

They confirmed what Ford CRC said and warranty will pay for:-
- Pair of pads
- Pair of disc
- Rear caliper
- Fluid change

Wheel bearing checks out OK and no other issues with car.

Ford CRC said parts should be there Thursday but they had not checked stock availability, there is no stock, the dealership is contacting Germany tomorrow and if in stock will get them express shipped over so it can all be fixed next week. :)

They also removed the Steeda bushing differential inserts at my request too as since fitting 20" wheels with part worn tyres the NVH transmitted through the rear of the car went up, lot more road noise and diff whine can be annoying, I showed them the CJ video of Bill fitting them though don't think it was required they seemed pretty clued up and they had it done in less than an hour.

Though I got more than I bargained for by removing as my transmission clunk/thud is also completely remedied, I even tried to make it happen on purpose but the transmission is now silent and thud free, so unless they did something else on the service removal of those parts has killed NVH a lot and the ride harshness has marginally improved. Somewhere along the line the transmission thud these cars come with stock has being remedied as with the CB005 and diff inserts it became a clunk. But since service and removal of bushing inserts it is completely gone so the inserts for sure transmit the clunk but maybe they also did something else or re-positioned something on the car when they removed them or did the service as its completely gone. I shall ask them in case Ford know a fix and are secretly applying it when servicing cars.....

Of course I believe once the new PS4S are fitted tomorrow ride quality will improve again as the ÂŁ25 rear MPSS I used temporarily were pretty hard and down to 3mm, also had less grip than Pzero too, haha.
Good news on the transmission clunk - mine seems to have good days and bad days and to a degree i try and compensate. My only minor concern is that diff has less "give" and is clearly held more solidly in place. Does this case more stress on the driveshaft / diff or is it minor and nothing to worry about. I was at Modurstang Last week and Mike seemed happy with the set up and noises, I guess I am just not used to cars doing this !!

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Good news on the transmission clunk - mine seems to have good days and bad days and to a degree i try and compensate. My only minor concern is that diff has less "give" and is clearly held more solidly in place. Does this case more stress on the driveshaft / diff or is it minor and nothing to worry about. I was at Modurstang Last week and Mike seemed happy with the set up and noises, I guess I am just not used to cars doing this !!

When you stiffen and take movement away from suspension bushes, the energy those bushes used to absorb goes somewhere else, that is physics. It generally transmits directly into the component so in theory yes it would cause more wear, but enough to worry about? No!

I had learnt to drive around the clunk, now I can drive how I want, gotta admit its re-lit my love for the manual a bit more.

I fitted one part at a time, so when the diff inserts when in the car in isolation they made quite a positive improvement and in isolation only caused very slight diff hum/vibration into the car which was hard to detect.

But when CB005 was fitted the cars handling improvement was quite a big one but this is when the clunking started as CB005 upgrades the subframe mountings, a very popular modification on all RWD cars due to handling improvements with little to no NVH.

Problem is and my conclusion is when you use diff inserts and the cradle lockout kit or subframe bush insert kits means there is no longer a rubber bush to soak up the NVH and drive train shocks from the transmission.

As such removal of one or the other cures the NVH/Clunk it seems. As CB005 is a far greater benefit to the car and harder to remove, the obvious choice is the diff inserts are the ones which got removed.

However my car has trans thud from new as they all generally do, though on an AUTO the converter goes a long way helping make it not felt, but M6 cars have it, most owners complain of it and a few do not notice it.

However at somepoint along my modding way clearly one of the modifications remedied this problem but the diff inserts will exaggerating what was left of the thud into a clunk.

I no longer have to think when changing gear or pulling away to drive around a clunk/thud, was embarrassing when passenger were like whats that and you explain to them its a Ford and its cheap junk. :D

But it is gone and just fitted PS4S on the rear which further impacted NVH in a positive way too. :)

Sponsored

tooley

My Little Pony
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Auto
Dealer changed the drivers side pony Hippo puddle light for an replacement pony. Took them an hour to do a 5 minute job and I had to go ask whether it was ready before anyone realised they'd finished

Still a long way to go Bristol Street

Jimboy2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda Mx5 :(
As suspected wind noise still present. Doesn't sound like it's changed at all. They said they had striped the door and made adjustments. Sceptical hippo is very very sceptical.

As an engineer myself I just don't understand how you would be happy handing a job over as complete when it clearly isn't. :mad:

17ANG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow Fastback GT Manual
Looks like there's a load of mustangs ready to go out to customers on March 1st at the Oxford dealer

10 mustangs in total, 2 are ecoboosts, about half are convertibles, about half with custom pack...

I didn't know the tax change and registration change were different months! There I was thinking I'd be one of the first cruising around in a 17 plate in April

Last edited:

Mr Wibbles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Mustang GT550
Went to the dealership to finalise my car and get my st valued at Gates of harlow.

They had a competition orange used for sale ÂŁ37000 the colour looks alot better in person than in the pictures.

Anyway the dealer said he has pretty much 10 mustangs on order in various states of progress and that March is the last month you can order a Stang before the 18s can be ordered.

However he said they won't be taking orders until mid 2018 that plus the wait people could be waiting till bloody 2019 for one.

Car looks good wrapping on and the plates have not been drilled which I'm happy with.

Was funny though as much as I love the car the thought of parting with all my hard earned cash caused me to pause for a second. I feel like I'm about to jump into a tigers cage. 2nd March can't come soon enough.

Also the Ford Edge looks sexy as feck