So here's what I'm thinking today.....

Tcnarber

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Premium, Black Betty
I have a EB 50 AP, black I am picking up next Wednesday. I have some little "Doo-dads" already to put on, hood struts, and an LED back up light bulb, and a tint job scheduled.

This is NOT a PP. So I was wondering if a new IC, CAI, Tune, and Exhaust, will be beneficial or needed since it isn't a PP model? I would like to get the best performance. But honestly with what I have will it be worth the expense? Or should I let it ride as stock? I plan on this vehicle being a "family heirloom".

Will the mods reduce future value?
Sponsored

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Certain mods reduce future value. Tuning is one mod, so keep that in mind. Parts requiring tunes will reduce value as well. People are just thinking that if you tune a car, you automatically drive it hard and wear on the car much faster.

Exhaust modifications and non tune parts typically don't really matter, as long as you keep the OEM part in case the person doesn't like them.

Everything you do will be beneficial even since it isn't a PP model. You won't accelerate as quickly because of your taller gears, but still, modifications would definitely wake the car up. However, the mods that really liven up your car are typically the ones that require tunes so it's your choice.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
Certain mods reduce future value. Tuning is one mod, so keep that in mind. Parts requiring tunes will reduce value as well. People are just thinking that if you tune a car, you automatically drive it hard and wear on the car much faster.

Exhaust modifications and non tune parts typically don't really matter, as long as you keep the OEM part in case the person doesn't like them.

Everything you do will be beneficial even since it isn't a PP model. You won't accelerate as quickly because of your taller gears, but still, modifications would definitely wake the car up. However, the mods that really liven up your car are typically the ones that require tunes so it's your choice.
Tunes and parts requiring a tune don't lower the value of a car. They may not add any, but they won't lower it.

If concerned about resale return the car to stock before selling and sell all the parts you bought privately. Also, these cars will never be valuable like the old ones, just enjoy the car.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT
Tunes and parts requiring a tune don't lower the value of a car. They may not add any, but they won't lower it.

If concerned about resale return the car to stock before selling and sell all the parts you bought privately. Also, these cars will never be valuable like the old ones, just enjoy the car.
I don't know about you, but I'm always hesitant looking at a vehicle that has had combustion changes to it. Anytime you get into that, you don't really know what's been done. A lot of my friends are the same way. It isn't a drastic reduction, but I would offer about $1000 less on a $20000 car if it has been tuned.

dragonacc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost PP
I don't know about you, but I'm always hesitant looking at a vehicle that has had combustion changes to it. Anytime you get into that, you don't really know what's been done. A lot of my friends are the same way. It isn't a drastic reduction, but I would offer about $1000 less on a $20000 car if it has been tuned.
The majority of buyers out there don't modify their cars and won't think to check for modifications either. As an enthusiast I would personally prefer a stock car, but I also don't have the means to scan the ECU to check if it's been tuned or not.

As an example I traded my 2011 GT to a dealer and my car didn't have cats and was tuned. I got more than kbb/nada trade in value for the car. If a dealer doesn't notice, most average buyers won't either.

Sponsored

EcoSwag1990

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GT
Yea even though this is the 50 year anniversary of the car, I don't really think this is going be looked at as all that special 30 years from now. Just outdated

Fredness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1989 Mustang Convertible 2.3L/A4LD
...just like the 25th Anniversary Convertible in my driveway.

Gungnir888

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang EB PP
You say a family heirloom. If there is no intention to sell it, there is no reason not to mod it. Anything that enhances the enjoyment of the car will enhance its value for your intents.

The PP mods enhance braking and handling. Nothing will be different for an I/H/E/tune on a standard car vs. a PP.

Realistically, I don't see anything but the 50th LE having a chance at appreciating in value, and due to the number of people that will be buying them for storage, I don't see those outperforming the stock market.

Even most of the 'wins' for auto investment over the last 30 years have not outperformed the stock market. Drive for fun, not for money (unless you are top nth percent and go pro with it).
Sponsored