Sponsored

Skeptical about my dyno numbers today. What am I missing?

VUDUGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT 350R Shadow Black
I took my car to get dyno'd today to see where I'm at and plan future mods. I'm not the most technical guy so I thought I'd post here to see what others think.

My car:
16 Tech Pack with Lund flex fuel tune, JLT CAI, otherwise stock. Approx 3200 miles.

Mustang dyno that's known to be "stingy" (per their words) and as far as I know, the only dyno in town. Ambient temp 103, Inlet air temp 110-115, alcohol percent 78.8%. 1st run 4th gear, 2nd and 3rd runs in 5th gear.

1st run: 508rwhp
2nd run: 510 rwhp
3rd run: 509 rwhp (@7356rpm), 431 ft-lbs

I only have print out from last run. I was floored by these results as were the guys in the shop. They typically only work on LS motors there. Can these possibly be correct? Did they forget to add in some correction factor? Please help me out. I will try to figure out how to upload pictures for the graph if that helps but only the curve is supplied with peak hp and torque numbers. I kept asking if those were legit rear wheel numbers and they said yes.
Sponsored

OP
OP

VUDUGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[/url]
[/IMG]

OP
OP

VUDUGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
High, damn this engine loves e85 then.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
For a mustang Dyno I'd say that it's pretty generous. Especially in those temps.

OP
OP

VUDUGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I was expecting 470ish to the wheels on a mustang dyno. That's why I can't get over these numbers. I haven't even touched the exhaust yet.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Are these std or SAE numbers? Also remember you have a tune and e85. With headers you'll add about 15-30rwhp.

OP
OP

VUDUGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Are these std or SAE numbers? Also remember you have a tune and e85. With headers you'll add about 15-30rwhp.
I don't know but can find out when they open again. Assumed it would be on my printout but got caught up in the high number and forgot to check until after I left.

I need you to combine the borla system with the ARH because that's what I'm planning on doing next! Lead the way.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I don't know but can find out when they open again. Assumed it would be on my printout but got caught up in the high number and forgot to check until after I left.

I need you to combine the borla system with the ARH because that's what I'm planning on doing next! Lead the way.
Pm sent.

jonesd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt350

yea i plan on doing that as well, cant wait to hear how it sounds lol.

GrayGt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gray Gt350 stock
Hmm that's a pretty high reading dyno. I made 500 with full E85 and cat deletes on a dyno jet . I should be making 470 or so on a mustang dyno. They typically read lower .

dev1360

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DIB 2016 S550
I wouldn't get too caught up in dyno numbers. They're good for a tuning tool and that's about it. Dyno numbers can vary pretty wildly because of so many variables in dyno design, operator, software, calibration, etc. I've seen as much as 30whp difference between dynos.

Even before and after on different days is pretty unreliable unless an SAE or other correction factor is used.

Just take them for what they are and enjoy it. :thumbsup:

65sohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
For a mustang Dyno I'd say that it's pretty generous. Especially in those temps.
The correction factor takes temperature into consideration, along with altitude, humidity and barometric pressure. Therefore it shouldn't make a difference. As a point of reference I had my Boss dynoed at the same shop under similar conditions (maybe five degrees less global warming) and it did (corrected) 387 stock and 407 with Steeda 91 octane tune and CAI.
Sponsored