Sponsored

Sirus

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Is anyone else having this problem:

Going under an overpass relatively slowly while listening to Sirus, connection is gone until you get out of the overpass. This happens when you drive under the overpass or driving through it. You don't get this problem driving through at highway speed. But you do when you're driving at street speed.

Thanks.
Sponsored

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WW 50th Anniv LE, '68 Merc Cougar, '17 GT350R
Mine cuts out under nearly all overpasses regardless of speed. It's just for a second. It also cuts out when I'm near tall trees. I've never had satellite so I didn't know if this is normal. I certainly will not pay for this when the free subscription runs out as it's a pretty poor experience.

jaymayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Silver 5.0
Mine cuts out under nearly all overpasses regardless of speed. It's just for a second. It also cuts out when I'm near tall trees. I've never had satellite so I didn't know if this is normal. I certainly will not pay for this when the free subscription runs out as it's a pretty poor experience.
Pretty much my experience as well. My parents have it in almost all of their vehicles, and I've never seen the issue (that I remember) with them. I will not be renewing it either.

Edit: As they have stock stereo systems with it built in (13 Focus, and 2010 F250 Powerstroke), not just the tuner connected through a headphone jack.

OP
OP

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Pretty much my experience as well. My parents have it in almost all of their vehicles, and I've never seen the issue (that I remember) with them. I will not be renewing it either.

Edit: As they have stock stereo systems with it built in (13 Focus, and 2010 F250 Powerstroke), not just the tuner connected through a headphone jack.
If your parents have the radio and it doesn't happen on theirs, then isn't this a Ford issue and not Sirus?

I'm just trying to see if this is Sirus or Ford. I've never had Sirus, and my friends that do have it as an aftermarket add on (like a pod that they attach on some place in their car).

So, is this a Ford thing or a Sirus thing?

jaymayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Silver 5.0
If your parents have the radio and it doesn't happen on theirs, then isn't this a Ford issue and not Sirus?

I'm just trying to see if this is Sirus or Ford. I've never had Sirus, and my friends that do have it as an aftermarket add on (like a pod that they attach on some place in their car).

So, is this a Ford thing or a Sirus thing?
I'm no engineer so take this for what it's worth, but... I would guess this is a Mustang problem, like I said they both have it (in Fords) and neither of them lose signal (that I have seen, I can ask and get a definitive answer to report back) anywhere.

Sponsored

OP
OP

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I'm no engineer so take this for what it's worth, but... I would guess this is a Mustang problem, like I said they both have it (in Fords) and neither of them lose signal (that I have seen, I can ask and get a definitive answer to report back) anywhere.
Yes, please let us know what they say. If it's a Mustang issue, I would like it fixed.

Thanks.

jaymayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Silver 5.0
Ok, I just asked my Dad if he ever experienced this, and he says anytime he pulls under anything. Which is weird because I never noticed, guess I need to pay more attention to stuff like that.

So its not a mustang thing, although now I feel stupid for not knowing haha. It makes sense since it's "satellite radio". Although you would think that it would load the song like pandora/youtube etc does and then pull the next as the current song ends.

Either way, I won't be renewing as I have all of my music on an SD card and don't like the commercials.

OP
OP

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Ok, I just asked my Dad if he ever experienced this, and he says anytime he pulls under anything. Which is weird because I never noticed, guess I need to pay more attention to stuff like that.

So its not a mustang thing, although now I feel stupid for not knowing haha. It makes sense since it's "satellite radio". Although you would think that it would load the song like pandora/youtube etc does and then pull the next as the current song ends.

Either way, I won't be renewing as I have all of my music on an SD card and don't like the commercials.
Thanks for asking, man. Now we know it's not a Mustang issue. Is it a Ford issue or a Sirus issue.

I guess we can google if Sirus does this.

draco24433

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Mustang GT Premium
I have had this happen in my other vehicles so it is not a sole mustang problem.

Sponsored

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
If you are pulling a signal from a satellite that is miles over our heads and you put a physical barrier that is thick enough between your car and the satellite the signal is blocked. I thought this was common knowledge???

OP
OP

markology

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
If you are pulling a signal from a satellite that is miles over our heads and you put a physical barrier that is thick enough between your car and the satellite the signal is blocked. I thought this was common knowledge???
You would think that with the advances in technology that this "common" problem will be fixed. I asked the question because my assumption is that with the millions put into R&D that it would. Seems like it hasn't.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
You would think that with the advances in technology that this "common" problem will be fixed. I asked the question because my assumption is that with the millions put into R&D that it would. Seems like it hasn't.
Technology can't break the laws of physics my friend. Radio waves will not penetrate thick enough objects. You cell phone won't work at certain depths under ground as well. ;)

humster21

Black Mustang Lover
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
15 Black EB Premium w/PP
You will be lucky to find a fix for that. You need a line of sight to the satellite. Big reason I hate satellite TV. Every thunder storm the TV was out.

PonyGrrrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeanne
Vehicle(s)
16 Cadillac ATS V Coupe
It's satellite and last I checked if there's no view of the sky or satellites it will cut out, totally normal. Every car I have been in with satellite radio does the same thing. Pandora works going under an overpass because it's using a cellular signal.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Sponsored