Sponsored

Show off your Air ride!!

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Supercharged 17 GT Premium, Performance Pack
Vehicle Showcase
How loud are those pumps being hard mounted like that? I had to move mine to a plywood platform to help reduce vibrations.
You definitely hear them but I don't feel its too bad. And with the smaller tank and two compressors they don't run for very long.

Strange thing happened this morning, twice. Will try to explain it so it makes sense.

Go out to car and start the engine to warm it up before leaving for work. When I do this I leave the bags at 5 or so (where I leave the PSI while parked, per the instructions). Come out to the car 6 or 7 minutes later and press the preset ride button to get the bags up to start driving. The controller just starts flashing the 3P symbol and won't stop. At this point the bags did not inflate. Recycled the ignition and the controller worked properly to inflate the bags. Then get to work, park, hit the all down button and get the same flashing on the controller. Again recycle the ignition and controller works properly so I can deflate the bags.

Any idea why this would start happening when it worked fine the past week? I don't think its the cold since its actually been pretty "warm" for this time of year (about 40-45 daytime low 30s at night).
Sponsored

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
Since I have the V2 digital system, I can't say too much for your issue. I do have a question, however. Do the instructions for your 3P say it's best to air out (to 5psi) while parked?

Seems odd, if so. I don't air out when I park. I leave it at my desired height always. Unless I'm showing off, then I'll air out when I park.

I would ignore those instructions and keep it at your drive height. The last thing you want is to be stuck somewhere because your controller stopped working and you can't air back up.

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Since I have the V2 digital system, I can't say too much for your issue. I do have a question, however. Do the instructions for your 3P say it's best to air out (to 5psi) while parked?

Seems odd, if so. I don't air out when I park. I leave it at my desired height always. Unless I'm showing off, then I'll air out when I park.

I would ignore those instructions and keep it at your drive height. The last thing you want is to be stuck somewhere because your controller stopped working and you can't air back up.
I'll have to double check.

After looking again I believe I got a regular airlift and the air lift performance FAQ pages mixed up. Systems are likely different. Like I said... noob. Have a message sent to ALP to get some clarification for myself.

Last edited:

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
I'll have to double check.

After looking again I believe I got a regular airlift and the air lift performance FAQ pages mixed up. Systems are likely different. Like I said... noob. Have a message sent to ALP to get some clarification for myself.
Ah, yes, their two separate businesses make it a PITA when troubleshooting these systems online. And they're very different systems.

Regardless of your controller, I'm 99% sure you shouldn't need to air out when parking. I'll leave that remaining 1% for Air Lift to clear up... LOL!

rum_punch_ruby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Answer from ALP...

"You can leave any desired pressure in the bags when parked for long periods of time. It will not hurt the bags to be inflated while stored"

Sponsored

d4rk_hrs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Les
Vehicle(s)
'16 Black GT PP
rum_punch_ruby - Sorry i cannot help you as I have never had the issue you are describing and I've had my setup for 2 years now.

I have had a weird situation popup a few times now, though. I have gotten a flashing message about a wrong revision and the controller does not function.

Restarting the car makes it go away. It has only happened 4 or 5 times total.