Sponsored

Shopping for New GT Now. Help with price expectations

abmobil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
DD 13 Nissan Titan Wknd ride 17 Mustang GT
Hello all.
After nearly 3 years of having a 90 mile round trip commute for work daily with nearly 10 hours of rd time a week I've decided that I need a fun DD, but not something that's not terribly expensive as it will accumulate miles quickly.

A Base GT seems to fit the bill better than anything else at the moment.
I live in GA, and I'm hoping to find one for no more than 30k OTD after all fees. Does this seem doable? I've been emailing several dealers, and most wont budge.

I have 2 other vehicles so I'm trying to be patient for the best deal as this is simply a want, and not a need. The best I've been able to do is about $32,700 OTD for a base GT. Also looking at a 16 Base GT with 3,000 miles. They want $30,500 OTD for that one. A few people on some of the Mustang FB pages are claiming they got New Base GT's for 30k OTD so that's why I've made that number my goal. I'm willing to drive a few hundred miles as well for a better than average deal. Hoping the end of the month or Black Friday will motivate them to want to move some units.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!
Sponsored

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
Definitely possible. Also depends on what your taxes and fees are where you live.

I know some people that have used the SEMA $750 coupon as well.

https://www.fordspecialoffer.com/SEMA

Can't guarantee it will work for you but hey it's worth a shot at $750 off.

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
I think Koons in Virginia? has the best prices across the nation

Sally15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium MT-82 PP; black/black.
To keep this short, check out trucar. I used it to evaluate a reasonable price when I got mine. There were 3 participating dealers in my area and I ended up with otd under msrp for a premium. I didn't use their service but found it very helpful.

seth21w

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Seth
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT base PP ingot silver
Hello all.
After nearly 3 years of having a 90 mile round trip commute for work daily with nearly 10 hours of rd time a week I've decided that I need a fun DD, but not something that's not terribly expensive as it will accumulate miles quickly.

A Base GT seems to fit the bill better than anything else at the moment.
I live in GA, and I'm hoping to find one for no more than 30k OTD after all fees. Does this seem doable? I've been emailing several dealers, and most wont budge.

I have 2 other vehicles so I'm trying to be patient for the best deal as this is simply a want, and not a need. The best I've been able to do is about $32,700 OTD for a base GT. Also looking at a 16 Base GT with 3,000 miles. They want $30,500 OTD for that one. A few people on some of the Mustang FB pages are claiming they got New Base GT's for 30k OTD so that's why I've made that number my goal. I'm willing to drive a few hundred miles as well for a better than average deal. Hoping the end of the month or Black Friday will motivate them to want to move some units.

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks!
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...=0&searchRadius=100&listingId=434192660&Log=0

This is the dealer i bought my gtpp from for 30,500 sticker was 37k very high volume mustang dealer in ga one that will give the best deal, either stone mtn, or sandy springs ford!

Any other dealer in ga is gonna be higher, i did extensive research before buying.:thumbsup:

Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
I got the $30,000 price with 72 months 0% but after TTL plus finance and gap w/security it's a $42,000 deal. Pay cash or else.

Zodiac

Sarcasm Personified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
I got the $30,000 price with 72 months 0% but after TTL plus finance and gap w/security it's a $42,000 deal. Pay cash or else.
How the hell do you have $12,000 for TTL and GAP?! Something doesn't seem right at all.

jfccac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT A6
are you set on a 2017?

I just, I mean as of yesterday, bought the last new 2016 gt available in upstate NY for 29,400 OTD. It's fairly basic, (auto, foundrys) but it was the cheapest car i could find. If you really search, which I did for almost a month, you can find some really good deals. I procrastinated and lost quite a few cars.

With the 2016's, there is a 5k dealer cash that is not combineable with most other incentives. I've talked to close to 25 dealers all over the east coast and at least half of them did not know about the dealer cash. Once they found out about it, the car I inquired about was gone in less than 48 hours. Use the following sites to search for cars, close to you, whether its the 2016/2017 models.

forddirect

auto.com (very good but you need to play with it to get it to work)

edmunds inventory tracker.

I actually spoke to a dealer in GA about this car... http://www.vidaliaford.com/new/Ford...30a0e0ae77546168a48c8e69e.htm?searchDepth=5:7. If you work them, you should be able to get 10k off this car.

LMK if you have questions. I feel somewhat of a 'search' expert based on my experience over the last 6 weeks.

Sponsored

5pointOh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Ingot Silver "Millennium Falcon" @falcon_s550
You got fleeced. TTL is not $12k in any state. I really hope you had a bunch of negative equity you carried over into the loan because TTL shouldnt be more than $3k and GAP is $5-900 bucks depending on where you get it from.

goalseeker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Yeah they all had it work. Obviously it may or may not work.
My local dealer cannot get it to work. I received an eCertificate number without ant issue, but for some reason Ford corporate does not acknowledge it. It's disappointing because it will put a stop to the deal. If they can't make it happen I will end up in a Camaro (it will end up being a better deal at that point).

Sda3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard Green Performance Pack GT Premium
Another route you can look into is joining the MCA for $25 and using their x-plan pin. Not sure how much it saves you on the model you are looking at, but it will bring the car down to 100 over invoice and you still get any incentives on top of that.

goalseeker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Another route you can look into is joining the MCA for $25 and using their x-plan pin. Not sure how much it saves you on the model you are looking at, but it will bring the car down to 100 over invoice and you still get any incentives on top of that.
I've already ran it by them and it won't help. I think I'm in the same position Bam Bam was in. Ford will lose another deal to Chevy. I've always been a die hard GM fan, but this time I wanted to give Ford a shot. The new Mustang is a really good car. It's a shame I won't be able to move forward on one. I don't necessarily blame the dealer, they have really given an effort. The corporate side needs some work.
Sponsored