Sponsored

Shelby GT350 Mustang Owners File New Class Action Lawsuit Against Ford for Fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

GT350/BT55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Conv Pack Avalanche White Stripe
Too old to remember

If this has already been stated ad-nauseum don't flame me.

I recall in my initial research for which of the many versions of the GT350 I would want to purchase, there was a Ford webpage (or at least data from Ford) that listed each version, and provided a short description of what each version was produced for. (I.E. what target market)

In the paragraph about the base model I am almost positive it stated that this version was directed to drivers who would in fact take there cars to the track on a limited basis,up to the R which they implied would be suitable for repeated and extended track duty.

So, if the car is used on the track, and overheats, I guess someone has to quantify what "limited use" is.
If the car overheats in three laps on a warm day, in my opinion, that is odd.
Sponsored

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Some of the "speculation" here is from those who are quite familiar with litigation, its duration, and outcomes.
Some. Not most though. And I too am one of the familiar - and again, although possibly futile, it is nice to see that some are trying to do something rather than just complain on an internet forum. (not saying you are...I actually don't recall seeing you much on the boards).

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
I bought a tech, was vaguely aware of the cooler differences, and still made the wrong choice. I assumed that like most every cooler you put in a few bolts, put in a cooling loop, and you're done. I didn't get enough information to know the transmission cooling pump was in the transmission, which presents a difficulty for stock race classing, for example. If, like Motortrend and all your industry rags they managed to send me a GT350R for pre-analysis, I would have come to a different conclusion.

Overmarketted, for sure, but it's up to lawyers to determine fraudulent.

I'm fairly pleased that Ford offered retrofits later, and found it a good gesture for customers. I suppose all I'd really like to see is "just a little more quality" from Ford Performance like honoring the warranty on a track transmission they basically sourced from Ford headquarters.

As a tech owner, I'm definitely interested but I'm not going to thank anyone for their services or hold my breath at this point.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I bought a tech, was vaguely aware of the cooler differences, and still made the wrong choice. I assumed that like most every cooler you put in a few bolts, put in a cooling loop, and you're done. I didn't get enough information to know the transmission cooling pump was in the transmission, which presents a difficulty for stock race classing, for example. If, like Motortrend and all your industry rags they managed to send me a GT350R for pre-analysis, I would have come to a different conclusion.

Overmarketted, for sure, but it's up to lawyers to determine fraudulent.

I'm fairly pleased that Ford offered retrofits later, and found it a good gesture for customers. I suppose all I'd really like to see is "just a little more quality" from Ford Performance like honoring the warranty on a track transmission they basically sourced from Ford headquarters.

As a tech owner, I'm definitely interested but I'm not going to thank anyone for their services or hold my breath at this point.
Adding a cooler to the GT350 is no more complex then any other car.

mkonrad

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Oxford White
Vehicle Showcase
Adding a cooler to the GT350 is no more complex then any other car.
Outboard, yes, but you'll give up any hope of meeting class restrictions for autox, for example.

Last edited:

Sponsored

car crazy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
If the "track pack" option was available when all of these GT350 were sold without it, I don't see how anyone can claim their car does not work properly on track when they chose to forgo the track pack. The fact it is called a track pack clearly means it is a package intended for people who will use their car on track. If cars without the track pack indeed go into limp mode on the street, that is another story entirely.

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
I filled it in and put a note that I was from Canada. Interesting to follow anyways.

The manager at the dealership told me that most people will never exploit 8/10's of this car's potential (pointing to the '16 Tech pack I was looking at) on a race track. Wish I had that on record.
Well that makes two of us, let's see how this plays out. But i'm not holding my breath, by the time this gets resolved ( if it does ), i'll have moved to Ford's next high performance vehicle, yes that's right, i like Mustangs a lot, difference is this time i'll have learned a thing or two with this car.

jpindustrie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford Mustang
I think Ford Legal will point to all the encompassing terms and conditions of the warranty and say that track use absolves Ford from any further involvement, improving or in repairing the vehicle

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
My laptop is "VR ready", but I still have to buy VR glasses to make it work. "Track Ready" is a very loose term.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
A different PCM with different wiring harness is annoying as well. Implies they were intentionally gimped vs track packs.

By the time Ford altered the info to say "add coolers," they had already made it very very not-plug-and-play.
"By the time Ford altered the info to say "add coolers" " Proof!?!? if you have proof that would be very convincing.

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569
I remember someone posting this picture before
GT350.jpg

thackl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mclaren 720s,X5,17 Raptor,c63s edeition1,1098SFS
I too ordered a 2016 with tech pack (mostly a street driver) and was pissed that I could not get tech and track together... it simply made no sense and it's biting the in the ass now. Thank goodness, my dealer decided to tack on a 5k ADM at the last minute and I walked. Now have a 17 with both packs.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Documents back to 2015 mentioned coolers.
To say ford altered is a stretch. I ordered my car to spec and was in very early in the ordering process. I could have had a 15 TP but my dealers allocation came later than expected. Havimg said that, all the material I read and viewd mentioned the 4 options.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.