Service Tire Mobility KIt

TDChi-Town

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Convertible GT California Special
I have a 2019 6 speed manual transmission that is showing a warning light. The message is "Service Tire Mobility Kit". I cannot find that info in the owner's manual. Any advice on how to do so?
Sponsored

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1
It is under "Information Displays". The sealant goop in your tire repair kit is out of date. Mine went out of date about 4 years after I bought the car.

Dump the repair unit and get a real spare, much better.

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
I have a 2019 6 speed manual transmission that is showing a warning light. The message is "Service Tire Mobility Kit". I cannot find that info in the owner's manual. Any advice on how to do so?
Do you have the digital cluster?

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
That's not how the mod works, it's to KEEP the fog lights on with high beams, not to turn them on with high beams. I highly doubt the BCM even has the logic to do what you're looking for. You'd have to remove the fog lamp circuit from the BCM and wire a relay in.
It is under "Information Displays". The sealant goop in your tire repair kit is out of date. Mine went out of date about 4 years after I bought the car.

I did the same but have a doubt.

Can the unit be resealed to have it just in case?

David Schmidt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium MT82 PP1 401A
Do you have the digital cluster?
Ah, I never knew there was a re-flash available to fix this. I get the message every 6 months or so, and just do the 4-3-4 year setting dance to turn the nag message off.

I did the same but have a doubt.

Can the unit be resealed to have it just in case?
As mentioned in the video, the lifespan of the inflator kit itself is only 4 years. So likely it's time to replace the whole thing anyway.

Sponsored

jwt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Bullitt
Tried using mine the other week but hole was too big and just made a mess on the side of the road. Any recommendations on an alternative mobility kit?

Running a non square setup so a spare isn't really ideal

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Tried using mine the other week but hole was too big and just made a mess on the side of the road. Any recommendations on an alternative mobility kit?

non-square doesn't really have any impact on using a spare, unless your rear tires are significantly larger in diameter than OEM.

If the flat is in the front, diameter doesn't matter

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1

Afaik all Bullitts have a Torsen and can handle a slight mismatch of tire diameters. I have a Automotive Authority spare which can be used on the front and rear of PP1 cars.

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ah, I never knew there was a re-flash available to fix this. I get the message every 6 months or so, and just do the 4-3-4 year setting dance to turn the nag message off.

As mentioned in the video, the lifespan of the inflator kit itself is only 4 years. So likely it's time to replace the whole thing anyway.
Perfect. Or only use the Inflator.

Thanks

OP
OP

TDChi-Town

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Convertible GT California Special

Did you get a full sized spare or just a donut?

Sponsored

boB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
boB
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
The inflator kit has a very limited use case. As long as you only get a nail/screw in the tire, and the nail is in the tread section it may work in a pinch but if the tire has sidewall damage, or a larger oblong shaped hole it will not help you. Also to note, the tire slime will destroy your TPMS sensor.

Get the Automotive authority spare kit. Even if you need help with AAA or other roadside service to help you change the spare, you won't have to get the car towed.

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
The inflator kit has a very limited use case. As long as you only get a nail/screw in the tire, and the nail is in the tread section it may work in a pinch but if the tire has sidewall damage, or a larger oblong shaped hole it will not help you. Also to note, the tire slime will destroy your TPMS sensor.

Get the Automotive authority spare kit. Even if you need help with AAA or other roadside service to help you change the spare, you won't have to get the car towed.
Agree. That's why i bought it. 3 hours waiting for the Tow on a Sunday trip because the Inflator didn't resolve.

Live and learn, order placed the next day. Jajajajajajaj

Also, i called and didn't get a discount code from AAA at that moment but someone posted one that he used. I think it is SAVE5 or check back the thread..
Sponsored