Sponsored

Sequential front turn signals!

Mr.Zergling

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Premium Vert w/ PP
When I read titles of post such as these I always feel a little excitement thinking that someone has come up with a unit that turns my factory drl's into a tri-bar amber sequential turn signal. ..wow that was my longest sentence ever lol...Ford, this was your chance to do this with the '18 headlight revamp..darn!
Diode Dynamics has a unit for that:

https://www.diodedynamics.com/store...ck-drl-led-boards/category/1474/#!prettyPhoto

I'd have bought one already but I'm too chicken to disassemble my headlights myself
Sponsored

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WW 50th Anniv LE, '68 Merc Cougar, '17 GT350R
Update, got in touch with Opt7 and they were back in contact very quickly. Was told that shipping dept messed up and sent old item. They're shipping me the parts to replace so I don't have to uninstall the units. They've been great to work with and I can't say that about too many companies out there. When working, these do look great, a bit bright, but a definite upgrade over regular switchbacks.
Did you finally get a set that works with your 2015? I'm being told the issue is fixed but I'd like confirmation before I try a third time.

Please let me know if you've had success with these and your 2015 Mustang?

Thanks!

DeepImpact 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Well, was told they're sending out inline resistors the plug in so I won't have to remove the units. That was two weeks ago, losing faith in them again lol, but was told all new units shipped are fixed

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
It's a shame this company seems to be flakey...first their on it, then silence, then on it, then silence again...I'm glad I'm not in a rush for these and damn that sucks donkey balls @DeepImpact_5.0

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
No need to wait, no need to install those Chinese resistors which will draw more current.

ForScan is your solution.

Sponsored

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
For me it was more than just the fast clicking/flashing in the dash. The actual front sequential turn signals from OPT7 did not work in my 2015 Mustang when engine was on but the headlights were off.

I tried two different sets. I want to see if anyone else had success with a 2015 before I tried a third time.

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
For me it was more than just the fast clicking/flashing in the dash. The actual front sequential turn signals from OPT7 did not work in my 2015 Mustang when engine was on but the headlights were off.

I tried two different sets. I want to see if anyone else had success with a 2015 before I tried a third time.
I have 2015...you have an issue with your car, nothing wrong with those blinkers.

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have 2015...you have an issue with your car, nothing wrong with those blinkers.
Thanks for confirming these are working on your EU 2015. OPT7 has acknowledged there were issues with the 2015 model and their front sequential blinkers. I'm not the only one that had the same issue.

They are stating now that all units shipping have fixed the issue.

When did you receive your set?

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
Two months ago. I had some intermittent hyper-flashing due the low charging voltage - that's the issue here. Low charging voltage was fixed with TUNE.

Screw that - grab a ForScan and switch the current control OFF and everything will work for you no matter what. Post no #163.

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two months ago. I had some intermittent hyper-flashing due the low charging voltage - that's the issue here. Low charging voltage was fixed with TUNE.

Screw that - grab a ForScan and switch the current control OFF and everything will work for you no matter what. Post no #163.
That sounds like an easy solution.

Are you saying the Forscan update will not only fix the hyper flashing inside vehicle but also the inoperable OPT7 sequential front turn signals? I assumed it would fix the hyperflashing error but didn't understand it would also fix the OPT7 sequential turn signals that don't operate with the car engine on and lights off.

Thanks!

Sponsored

veeefour

Troll
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT
You have a BCM config problem - nothing wrong with OPT7. Ford did a crazy current control in those vehicles. Both of you problems can be fixed with ForScan.

I would need to study your as-build data and for that I would need your vin number. But this is definitely a vehicle config problem and can be fixed.

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT