Sponsored

Sequential front turn signals!

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WW 50th Anniv LE, '68 Merc Cougar, '17 GT350R
I got my Opt7 sequential front turn signals yesterday and installed last night. I did not remove the bumper but accessed via wheel well with wheels removed. Getting the assembly out was tough for us. The color keyed tabs are stubborn and it really wanted to hold on tight on the side closest the grill. Once the assembly removed it went pretty smoothly.

When they're working they look great!

Today I'm noticing an intermittent failure on the turn signal on each side. I get the clippity clop turn signal noise and sure enough it isn't lighting up. This only seems to occur with the headlights off. When it's not working, if I turn either the parking lights or headlights on, it begins working fine. This is happening maybe 1/10 times and on both sides.

Anyone else seeing this?
Sponsored

chrisgonzales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic [wrap'd grey] GT Premium PP
I got my Opt7 sequential front turn signals yesterday and installed last night. I did not remove the bumper but accessed via wheel well with wheels removed. Getting the assembly out was tough for us. The color keyed tabs are stubborn and it really wanted to hold on tight on the side closest the grill. Once the assembly removed it went pretty smoothly.

Today I'm noticing an intermittent failure on the turn signal on each side. I get the clippity clop turn signal noise and sure enough it isn't lighting up. This only seems to occur with the headlights off. When it's not working, if I turn either the parking lights or headlights on, it begins working fine. This is happening maybe 1/10 times and on both sides.

Anyone else seeing this?
Hey hit them up i had an test unit that was having this or similar issue, they sent me a part to fix it. I would contact them and let them know your having that issue. Mention Chris Gonzales it's similar to his and see what they say.

VinsanityGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium Magnetic
Thanks for the writeup djoxy. Those instructions were worlds better than what was included.

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OPT7 Problem

Anyone else seeing this?
I've narrowed it down to one scenario not working. When the engine is on and the headlights off, neither front turn signal works.

If I turn the headlights or parking lights on, all works fine. If I turn the engine off, all works fine. Together the engine on and headlights/parking lights off does not work. I'm awaiting to hear back from OPT7 on how to fix this issue.

Sponsored

pjk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The OPT7 solution did not work for me. They worked for all scenarios except when the engine was on and the headlights were off. In that condition they flashed briefly (1-2 LEDs started towards outer edge flashed once and then when out) and did not flash any further. The sound from dash also gave the clippity clop sound. In all other usage combinations they worked and looked great. Very disappointed as I like them.

OPT7 has been great at responding and sending replacements to test. I tried everything I could think of including disconnecting battery to reset everything. When they work they look cool and no more clippity clop sounds. I'm going to go back to switchback bulbs for now.

No one else seems to have this issue so I don't know what's unique to my car. I do have DD LED side markers, interior lights as well as LED reverse light. I also have had installed the illuminated sill plates made for the limited edition. I don't know why/if that would make a difference.

Just sharing my experience. I hope no one else has this issue.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ponie1992

ponie1992

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red PP GT
What are all the lighting mods in this video? I like the foglight halos, the DRL and the grille lights (those RTR? didnt see an option for sequencer)
I got the fog lights from ebay. The halos are part of the fogs. They are a universal 3" set. The DRL's are from Starry Night Halos. They are sequential switchback RGBA. The grille is Ikon switchback.

chrisgonzales

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic [wrap'd grey] GT Premium PP
yeah those coplus/raxiom are sequential but no white parking light if it's the actual one from coplus the parking light is amber and only a single led. and the price come one AM...

check the 0:20 second mark

[ame]

Sponsored

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
installed my OPT7 turn signals yesterday, went through the various scenarios pjk described and it works fine for me. They look great and add a nice touch over the switchbacks I had before. No more pony trotting noise

DeepImpact 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
So am I understanding correctly that the only cars having problems are 2015s? I really wanted to order these asap but if they're not going to work it's obviously not worth it.

DeepImpact 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I have seen in this thread and in a couple videos on YouTube where the lights don't work in certain settings, even saw comments on their Instagram page too

John577

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Oxford White Fastback Mustang GT
yeah those coplus/raxiom are sequential but no white parking light if it's the actual one from coplus the parking light is amber and only a single led. and the price come one AM...

check the 0:20 second mark
If you buy the EU version of the Coplus light then you'll have a single white parking light :thumbsup:

Sponsored