mattlqx

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mach 1, '16 F-150, '14 Fiesta ST, '14 Audi A7
Prices like this are as stupid as the posts about how the Porsche/BMW faithful will be jumping ship in mass to buy Mustangs now that this offering is becoming available.
That's en masse.
Sponsored

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
They have absolutely no reason to change this price as they are looking to rear end some one who is either the village idiot of all time or some kid with a trust fund that has come to its release date. Nobody has any cars yet so why would they change anything. Prices like this are as stupid as the posts about how the Porsche/BMW faithful will be jumping ship in mass to buy Mustangs now that this offering is becoming available. Ridiculous nonsense but always how it goes at this stage of new SE Mustangs sales run. Makes for some great entertainment. $25,000 premium indeed.
You talk out of your ass about something you know nothing about. Im a faithful 997 GT3RS owner that is bailing, I also had a M5 (you do not want to own this car out of warranty) and there are other on here as well that are switching for one reason or another, not to mention the one that are not on this site..Look at the reviews so far...wait until some real pro driver get behind the wheel....then go try to get one...oh and when you cant..tell the dealership..but I thought they were making as many as people can buy....get real..:crazy:

I pray a M4 or M3 pulls up beside me at the lights...:eyebulge: all he will see are my tail light (and some pretty ones at that!)

scungilio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
It is simply amazing to watch how a few guys on just about any internet auto forum appoint themselves as experts whose pontifications are not to challenged or even questioned. Ya gotta love these two here who have it all figured out. A couple guys in one Dudes car club have interest in buying a GT350 and they interpret and extrapolate this into some tidal wave exodus from the Bavarian brands to a Mustang. Anyone who questions their homegrown market analysis is personally attacked and accused of "talking out of their ass" LOL! You really couldn't make this stuff up.

The GT350/R is going to be a great offering with what appears to be some serious track credibility at a favorable price level but just keep it real guys. There is really no need to grossly exaggerate to make a point, the GT350 will do it on its own merits.

scungilio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
You crack me up as much as the last guy...17 post on here and you know it all:lol: Go back and troll the camaro site please:thumbsup:
I'm sorry if sensibility offends you sir. In no way am I claiming to be an expert. There is just no reason for some of you to exaggerate to make a point, anybody with a modicum of intelligence can spot this. This is going to be a fantastic car that does not need you help.

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
"tidal wave exodus from the Bavarian brands to a Mustang.
The only one exaggerating and pontificating is you. No one said "tidal wave." We are simply saying the GT350 has a broader market draw than any previous SE Mustang that includes car enthusiast's where this will be their first Mustang ever considered or owned . You can't deny that as there are plenty of examples on this forum and elsewhere. For you to continue to incite me and others by your exaggerations of other's posts or statements is just painting you for the kind of person you really are.

Sponsored

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
It is similar to the 2007 Shelby GT500 market adjustment. The Shelby GT 500 was hot hot hot. After 6 months dealers were finally reducing the mark ups . Walked into a dealer with a $7k adm and the GM came out and said sell it for MSRP. The car was from another dealer even. So what is so funny ?

cjgt350

Adrenaline Junkie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F250 Platinum 2016 GT350 TP
It is similar to the 2007 Shelby GT500 market adjustment. The Shelby GT 500 was hot hot hot. After 6 months dealers were finally reducing the mark ups . Walked into a dealer with a $7k adm and the GM came out and said sell it for MSRP. The car was from another dealer even. So what is so funny ?
I agree with you although it may take awhile longer to subside this time around. I thought you were going somewhere else with that. As I recall 2007 saw much higher production numbers than they initially stated so that in itself brought the ADM's down.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
--
All - keep the personal attacks and commentary out of this thread. If you can't discuss this topic in a mature and civil manner you will be asked to stay out of it.

Cruzinaround

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2011 GT Premium, 2012 BMW M3, Etc Etc
There is a tendency to project personal choices as a majority opinion from everyone who owns a particular vehicle. And there are a lot of people here who embellish about themselves to a point where they are way more in writing than what they are in reality.

I think that to a point we are all guilty of this.

But, even though there are people who are making a switch from whatever they have now to this car. The truth on who actually made a switch won't be realized until cars actually start selling.

We only have speculation on who the car's target audience is now. And the only thing that is common across all buyer profile types is an appreciation for what this car brings to the table.

1. Its unlike any Mustang before
2. It's been well planned and prototyped
3. It's limited with the Shelby name on it
4. There will only be 5000 lucky owners in 2016
5. The same for 2017
6. It's a real bang for the buck in any trim level
7. More middle income Americans can consider it as an optional car.

As for the profile of who the main buyer for this car will be...

the rest is anybody's guess.

1LEThumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Good luck
I agree.....I haven't found one.

Friend of mine is getting one.....but he bought the entire dealership to get it.

Amazingly enough...and he has at least some pull with higher ups at Ford.

Sponsored

Mark Dreyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 VW Touareg TDI
Porsche guy

15 post count....:lol: and you make a statement using words never used by anyone but you like "faithful" or "mass" to make your point sound legit. Well it is not the facts. Hang around a bit and you will see about 30 forum members that are moving out of P-Cars or BMW's. The GT350 with its track performance has a market draw that goes beyond any previous SE Mustang. It is all the talk amongst my SCCA and autocross club. Guess what most are driving...hint they are not Mustangs. That and this forum is a pretty good market sampling for the GT350 demand reach that goes beyond the Mustang owners of past.

2007 all over again...yeah right. Now that is funny!
30 year Porsche owner here. Have Porsche Boxster S race car. Have a 2016 Spyder on order. Responded to invitation from Ford to my track group and am doing Shelby GT350 test drive at Sebring next month. Am excited to buy my first Mustang. This car looks like the real deal. May have to wait a while as I don't believe in paying above MSRP.

Variance

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2005 Lotus Elise, 2017 Shelby GT350
You talk out of your ass about something you know nothing about. Im a faithful 997 GT3RS owner that is bailing, I also had a M5 (you do not want to own this car out of warranty) and there are other on here as well that are switching for one reason or another, not to mention the one that are not on this site..Look at the reviews so far...wait until some real pro driver get behind the wheel....then go try to get one...oh and when you cant..tell the dealership..but I thought they were making as many as people can buy....get real..:crazy:

I pray a M4 or M3 pulls up beside me at the lights...:eyebulge: all he will see are my tail light (and some pretty ones at that!)
Did you seriously just say that an M4 would lose to a GT350R in a drag race? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black on "talking out of your ass". The GT350 is going to be an amazing car, yes, but let's be real here:

The M4 has a curb weight of 3530 lb, with a peak torque of 408 lb-ft available as low as 1850 RPM.

The GT350R (with all the lightening it has over the GT350) has a curb weight of 3650 lb, with a peak torque of 429 lb-ft at 4750 RPM.

While the GT350 has the advantage in peak horsepower, the lighter weight and significantly beefier torque curve of the M4 would easily win out. Not that any of this matters, anyway, because the track is where both of these cars were designed to shine.

Five Oh Brian

Mustang Guru
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KorumFord.com
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
11 GT500 Glass Roof Coupe
Did you seriously just say that an M4 would lose to a GT350R in a drag race? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black on "talking out of your ass". The GT350 is going to be an amazing car, yes, but let's be real here:

The M4 has a curb weight of 3530 lb, with a peak torque of 408 lb-ft available as low as 1850 RPM.

The GT350R (with all the lightening it has over the GT350) has a curb weight of 3650 lb, with a peak torque of 429 lb-ft at 4750 RPM.

While the GT350 has the advantage in peak horsepower, the lighter weight and significantly beefier torque curve of the M4 would easily win out. Not that any of this matters, anyway, because the track is where both of these cars were designed to shine.
Nobody drag races at 1850 rpm's, so the M4 will not "easily win out." My '14 GT weighs 100 lbs more than a GT350R, has 50 fewer hp, and runs a 1/2 second quicker down the 1/4 mile than a stock M4. My money is on the GT350R to win - stock vs stock - against an M4 in a 1/4 mile drag race.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Oh, this is good. Ford creates the best corner carving Mustang ever, and we're arguing about drag racing, lol.

DruidBlack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
True^ but given the history of the car, I think any Mustang ever made and that will ever be made will have enthusiasts talking about drag racing and 1/4 mile times. You know Ford knows this even if the GT350 was made for turns.

Don't forget a member on this forum spotted them drag testing these cars at Bradenton afterall.

[ame]

I do agree on your point though. The GT350's acclaim will come on the track.
Sponsored