Sponsored

SCT Crank Relearn Questions *Please Help*

Kong76

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver GT
Awesome thank you guys so much! I was going to venture outside last night at midnight try to figure it out, glad i didnt because the neighborhood would kill me revving to 4k+ with kooks LT and corsa extreme lol

Gonna drive around a bit and do it today!
Thats got to be unreal loud. In a good way!
Sponsored

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
When did the light first occur, after a tune or mod? Did you replace spark plugs, have you checked the gap of your plugs? Either bad tune, plugs or crank position sensor is bad or not fully connected.

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
When did the light first occur, after a tune or mod? Did you replace spark plugs, have you checked the gap of your plugs? Either bad tune, plugs or crank position sensor is bad or not fully connected.
The light recently occurred independently of anything. Should I replace the spark plugs? Which ones would you recommend? Ford's come "pre-gapped" don't they?

Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford spark plugs do come pre gapped but they're not all pre gapped properly some people have pulled them and instead of being .50 seen them as high as .54. Try regapping your spark plugs at .50. could also be a faulty coil pack however me I was throwing codes for two different cylinders because my spark plugs are not gapped properly from the factory and with an aftermarket tune it started throwing the codes then

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
also now that I think of it did this just recently happened in the winter as in there was no problem during the summer

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Correct. Had the car since July '15, tuned shortly thereafter, only have 10,000 miles on the car, just started doing this last 800miles (1 month)or so. Only thing I've done since the tune is suspension and stereo work, nothing that I would think cause a problem.

I will research this spark plug changing and gapping you speak of. I've never done it before lol.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
With the 93 race tune its possible that the winter blend gas is throwing the code. You should contact your tuner and see if data logging it might help, as winter gas is a diffent blend compared too summer blend and too much timing on the 93 race tune could possibly throwing the code, in Texas they use more butane and something else in the winter in the gas so an aggressive tune might throw the code due to the quality of the fuel. You might want to consider a flex fuel tune.

Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bouncing off the limiter should have nothing to do with it. My limit is now 8100rpm, there is a lot of people with 7200-7500rpm limit with the stock manifold.

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
So I took the car to the dealer because my A/C was making a whining noise, and was blowing hot air, and the misfires kept happening. The dealer said my exhaust was causing the misfires, and they wouldn't touch it with the deletes and the tune. Namely, he was speaking about a small exhaust leak from my cat-deletes to the header from what I can only assume was a blown gasket. We listened with a hose and sure enough, there was an exhaust leak at the flange of the deletes. We put the cats back on, replaced the gasket, returned the tune to stock. When we took the gasket out and it was just a wire silouhette, no "filling". After we replaced the gasket, the misfires stopped happening. I have never heard of an exhaust leak causing misfires, have you guys? Now my car is quiet as fuck with the cats back on. :frusty:

Last edited:

blakbearddelite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium in DIB
After having an RST clutch/flywheel installed a couple weeks ago, I’ve been getting the P0300, P0302, P0308 misfire codes. It looks like I might have to do the crank relearn. I do have the X4 that can do it. And from this thread, it doesn’t look like it should affect my custom tune for my KB set-up. I was worried it might over-write my tune and cause me issues. But it looks like it shouldn’t.
Sponsored

Last edited: