Sponsored

SCT Crank Relearn Questions *Please Help*

Jonspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hello all quick question,
Searched for crank relearn on here but theres not much info.
I have an SCT X4 with a custom tune. I had a RXT and lightened flywheel installed tonight but got the dreaded P0300/P0301/P0302 CELs both constant and intermittently flashing.

After searching for those codes I saw normal troubleshooting things were change plugs/coils and do a crank relearn.

I pulled plugs and they are fine, dont have new coils yet but will seek those if the crank relearn doesnt work.

My question is, with the SCT X4 can I do a crank relearn? If so can I do it on my custom tune? Or do I need to revert to stock tune?

Also how does one go about this procedure of crank relearning and how long does it take?

I searched for all this and came up short.

Thank you.
Sponsored

Super Werty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 PP GT
Yes you can do it on any tune. Clear the codes first ... It will guide you through the crank relearn. You have to have a warm engine and Rev it to 4k rpm. Takes a few minutes

sonofoldcars

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT premium manual 50th trim package
It's under special function below clear codes on the x4

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Car needs to be in neutral, engine temp must be a minimal of 82C degrees, then in special functions select crank relearn, let car idle for a moment then it will say to rev to selected RPM target which is around 4200rpm, rev up to target rpm, then it will say return to idle, just let go of gas pedal. It will say it has successfully performed crank relearn and press abort. Easy, works with any custom tune and stock tune.

OP
OP
Jonspeed

Jonspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome thank you guys so much! I was going to venture outside last night at midnight try to figure it out, glad i didnt because the neighborhood would kill me revving to 4k+ with kooks LT and corsa extreme lol

Gonna drive around a bit and do it today!

Sponsored

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Its the same process as seen on my video. Im using HPT though so the interface is on the scanner instead of a handheld. You must have engine coolant temp above 180*f, rev up past 4k rpm. The whole process takes less than a minute

[ame]

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Does the SCT X4 have to be married to use the relearn?

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ngauge unfortunately does not do the crank relearn. Maybe there will ba an update in the future for it too but as for now it doesn't.

Sponsored

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes, a tune is not deleted by a crank relearn or a kam reset (keep alive memory). Once a tune is flashed it is the new perimeters or calibration the ecu will use for the engine, it can only be erased by another flash device, ex. SCTx4, Ngauge, ford dealer with ids software, ect.

Bahndvr

Roushcharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Roush Warrior Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
That's why I asked if the X4 had to be married.

Digital_Synapse

Mass Effect Field Expert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Triple Yellow Mustang GT PP
Did not put a new clutch, or a new flywheel, in my car. I have just been getting random CEL. It's been telling me misfire cylinder one, cylinder five, cylinder three. Already did a KAM reset, after an hour or so of driving, the CEL came on again. Would doing a crank relearn help get rid of these misfires?

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Did not put a new clutch, or a new flywheel, in my car. I have just been getting random CEL. It's been telling me misfire cylinder one, cylinder five, cylinder three. Already did a KAM reset, after an hour or so of driving, the CEL came on again. Would doing a crank relearn help get rid of these misfires?
Those are all on the same bank. Is the car stock? Makes me think it may be out of time (jumped a tooth perhaps).
Sponsored