SCCA ESP Thread

destoups

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Des
Vehicle(s)
Crimson red EB PP 10A
Having an issue after a spin during a run at the Wilmington Pro. ABS, stability control and advance track lights came on and I had no ABS for the next two runs. Tried disconnecting the battery for a bit, but no luck. Also tried to refresh the tune but that also didn't work.

Now on the drive home, the wrench icon came on and the engine was cutting out. After a restart, the wrench icon went out, but the other lights remain on. Have about 430 miles to go yet, anyone have any ideas?
This happened to us at Crow's during the TNT on my stock car but went away after a battery disconnect. Good luck!
Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Regarding front strut compression what are the symptoms of too much assuming no chatter over bumps. I increased the Koni DA inserts from about 2 clicks (range is 11 clicks) to 5 since Koni says the new SA front strut compression is just under mid range of the DA inserts. I haven't detected a problem but my test driving skills are not what the were a couple of decades ago.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Regarding front strut compression what are the symptoms of too much assuming no chatter over bumps. I increased the Koni DA inserts from about 2 clicks (range is 11 clicks) to 5 since Koni says the new SA front strut compression is just under mid range of the DA inserts. I haven't detected a problem but my test driving skills are not what the were a couple of decades ago.
It'd be what Norm wrote above but in English, lol. If I understand what he is getting at is increasing low speed compression resists the spring/strut from compressing during braking into a turn, for example. The weight still transfers but more directly into the tire instead of the energy (and time) spent compressing the spring and strut.

So the driver would feel a more responsive car when the setting is right or if set too stiff, a push or sliding of the tires on corner entry.

Did I get that right? Mostly?

Simmons-Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So I had a bunch of different codes in the ABS system. I cleared everything, and it seems to be back to normal.

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
It'd be what Norm wrote above but in English, lol. If I understand what he is getting at is increasing low speed compression resists the spring/strut from compressing during braking into a turn, for example. The weight still transfers but more directly into the tire instead of the energy (and time) spent compressing the spring and strut.

So the driver would feel a more responsive car when the setting is right or if set too stiff, a push or sliding of the tires on corner entry.

Did I get that right? Mostly?
That's my take on it (see post #198). Too much load transfer too fast (with significant longitudinal force also present) and the tires not being able to keep up. Kind of a front tire version of 'shocking' the rear tires at drag racing.

Norm

Sponsored

DickR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ruby Red GTPP MagneRide 301A 10A and 1997 GT
Thanks guys. Makes sense and not too hard to spot if the front washes out at all at turn in or when adding steering in a corner. Many years ago I got that effect from an experiment with stiff front bar link bushings on a car I knew (and drove) very well. Went back to stock bushings and the problem never returned even though the bar was stiffer than stock.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I definitely got my head around compression a lot better so thanks x2 for the discussion!

Simmons-Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So 2 of the abs codes I had were for the right rear wheel sensor, plus some other codes.

So I checked it out tonight at work,.....The wires look perfect. But I grabbed the wheel, and was able to move it in and out a good amount. I put a socket on the axle nut and was able to get almost a full turn on it....WTF

It is tight now, and doesn't make any noise but I am sure that wasn't good for the bearing.

Last edited:

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I also weighed the car at the Pro....it was 3,571lbs
Damn, thats some healthy weight reduction. I'll have to read your thread again and make some notes...

So is this list correct for your weight reduction?

Catback
Removed rear seat
drivers racing seat
coilovers
battery
wheels

Last edited:

Norm Peterson

corner barstool sitter
Threads
Reaction score
On a corner barstool not too far from I-95
First Name
Norm
Vehicle(s)
'08 GT #85, '19 WRX
Damn, Eric.

I can see how varying the air gap that much would be outside anything the ABS module understands, so it just throws up its hands.

Maybe we should be checking the original hub nuts. Front and rear.

Norm

Sponsored

Simmons-Racing

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
This was with around 3 gallons of gas.

Last edited:

Competition Orange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
The rear seats are back in.

This was with around 3 gallons of gas.
Thats great that these cars can get down that low with nothing TOO crazy. Your battery might be the least practical of all your mods, but adding 10lbs for a more daily friendly battery still would keep you under 3600.

Impressive.

Conedodger

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350-R
I weighed mine at the Crows Pro and with a 1/3 tank it weighed 3520.