Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know. I can get there. I probably need a new jack or something that will ratchet the price up. I always end up spending more than I plan.
Finished install in 1 hour. Saved myself $700. Thanks again.
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
@NightmareMoon @WItoTX @mavisky Here is what I got from a few local dealers. Pick your suggestion please. I know I seem repetitive I just like being secure in knowledge especially with your help. Thanks again. All are 295s as I was suggested by two of these places to do 295s to make sure no rub rub on my current setup.

Costco - Mich 4PS - $2k flat
Americaā€™s Tire - Yokos A052 - $2.225k
Local Shop - Mich 4PS - $1.3k
For dedicated autocross tires? Your choices are A052, Falken RT660, or Bridgestone RE71RS, and theres a Nankang too I think.

The Michellin Pilot Sport 4S is a decent street tire but its multiple seconds off the pace for autocross (340 treadwear versus 200), so put that aside unless youā€™re needing a good street tire.

You can run up to a 305 tire on an 11ā€ wheel with 25mm spacers and an ET50-52 wheel offset, with ~3 degrees of camber from camber plates. A 315 would require an even longer stud in most cases and spacers wider than 25mm. IIRC the Bridgestone RE71RS might offer that 305 now. A052 stops at a 295 in the 19ā€ size (they have a 315 for 18ā€ wheels). The Falken RT660 is a good choice for hot days, while the A052 really needs to be watered to keep it cool, but its super fast on cold days. RE71RS is probably a good all round choice. Iā€™d go RE71RS or A052.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
For dedicated autocross tires? Your choices are A052, Falken RT660, or Bridgestone RE71RS, and theres a Nankang too I think.

The Michellin Pilot Sport 4S is a decent street tire but its multiple seconds off the pace for autocross (340 treadwear versus 200), so put that aside unless youā€™re needing a good street tire.

You can run up to a 305 tire on an 11ā€ wheel with 25mm spacers and an ET50-52 wheel offset, with ~3 degrees of camber from camber plates. A 315 would require an even longer stud in most cases and spacers wider than 25mm. IIRC the Bridgestone RE71RS might offer that 305 now. A052 stops at a 295 in the 19ā€ size (they have a 315 for 18ā€ wheels). The Falken RT660 is a good choice for hot days, while the A052 really needs to be watered to keep it cool, but its super fast on cold days. RE71RS is probably a good all round choice. Iā€™d go RE71RS or A052.
RE71-RS aren't available to me for some reason, only Potenza Sport or Potenza RE050A

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I'd go with the RE71's as well. That's going to be my next set.

Are these dedicated AutoX tires or street/autoX?
They need to street/AutoX since I cannot trailer anything and have to drive 50+ miles to autocross. So might as well make them "summer" tires.

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Right the 305 RE71RS look just about out of stock at the moment.

A052 is fantastic, just a little pricey.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
They need to street/AutoX since I cannot trailer anything and have to drive 50+ miles to autocross. So might as well make them "summer" tires.
@NightmareMoon And I am going to bring this into the conversation too. I didn't think about this originally.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I'd go with the RE71's as well. That's going to be my next set.

Are these dedicated AutoX tires or street/autoX?
RE71s are not in stock. Perhaps Yokos are the move despite the price? (street/autoX)

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I drive 50 miles to autocross.. those miles don't count that much. 250+ miles is another story.

If you're daily driving the car on the same tires and don't want to switch tires at the house, then also that might be a trigger to not look at the 200tw tires and accept you'll be slow.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I drive 50 miles to autocross.. those miles don't count that much. 250+ miles is another story.

If you're daily driving the car on the same tires and don't want to switch tires at the house, then also that might be a trigger to not look at the 200tw tires and accept you'll be slow.
I see. Does treadwear (tw) basically equivalate to the amount of life the tire will give?

Trust, I am understanding that I am slow.
My work is super close so max miles I would put on tires each day would be 10 if I were to leave these tires on during summer only.

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I see. Does treadwear (tw) basically equivalate to the amount of life the tire will give?

Trust, I am understanding that I am slow.
I'd do the 4PS then, learn the car on a 340 tw tire, then next summer get a dedicated wheel/tire set up with dedicated AutoX tires.

But I'd bet half way through summer you want a 200 tw tire.šŸ˜‚

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I'd do the 4PS then, learn the car on a 340 tw tire, then next summer get a dedicated wheel/tire set up with dedicated AutoX tires.

But I'd bet half way through summer you want a 200 tw tire.šŸ˜‚
Lmao I bet you are right. Okay Michie's it is. Better to be safe and learn.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah those tires won't last as long on the street. MP4S you can expect to get 20k or so before they cord. You'll get significantly less for the autocross tires. How much less? IDK, depends. Maybe 14k miles.

You have to decide if you want a great street tire or a great autocross tire. (The street tires basically holding up a lot longer, but being not near the grip levels, and being more or less designed to move water out of the way and "drive nice" on the highway.). The autocross tires OTOH offer amazing grip and response, but at the cost of road manners (noise, dartiness) and tread life.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah those tires won't last as long on the street. MP4S you can expect to get 20k or so before they cord. You'll get significantly less for the autocross tires. How much less? IDK, depends. Maybe 14k miles.

You have to decide if you want a great street tire or a great autocross tire. (The street tires basically holding up a lot longer, but being not near the grip levels, and being more or less designed to move water out of the way and "drive nice" on the highway.). The autocross tires OTOH offer amazing grip and response, but at the cost of road manners (noise, dartiness) and tread life.
Aha yes I am balling on a budget so 14k miles is...ouch.
Let me learn on the 340s and same the money for the 2-3 years of life I can eek out of em, then use that money to buy sets of the fancy stuff once I get good. I have years to learn, but only so much money to earn.

I also want to try to take this car to an HPDE event, so maybe the longer lastings is good too.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
nothing wrong with learning on the MP4S, they communicate well and are the best all-around sports car tire which can drive to the track, run some laps, and still go get groceries on the way home.
Sponsored