Vehicle Showcase

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Not currently. Building my own (3” out from stock?) splitter next month, and I want aero balance. Will save for whatever wing is best for track use unless you advise going the verus route.
@mavisky I don’t care at this point, this is my perma car until she is dead and can’t be revived.
I'd say 3" will be too small for most wings out there. I know at one point I had Verus CFD saved, but don't anymore. They have it posted on their site. I'd look at that, see how much it theoretically could produce around 60 mph, then build a splitter to balance. Also take into account a lot of their CFD data includes other elements, like the canards under the car, which will affect aero balance in the CFD models.

I love fluid dynamics.

That said, if cost doesn't matter, AJ or Zebulon for wing and splitter, then install splitter pucks, good to go. Go big or go home! And, having talked to AJ and Ryan over at Zebulon, they are top notch as far as customer service and work quality is concerned.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I'd say 3" will be too small for most wings out there. I know at one point I had Verus CFD saved, but don't anymore. They have it posted on their site. I'd look at that, see how much it theoretically could produce around 60 mph, then build a splitter to balance. Also take into account a lot of their CFD data includes other elements, like the canards under the car, which will affect aero balance in the CFD models.

I love fluid dynamics.

That said, if cost doesn't matter, AJ or Zebulon for wing and splitter, then install splitter pucks, good to go. Go big or go home! And, having talked to AJ and Ryan over at Zebulon, they are top notch as far as customer service and work quality is concerned.
Understood will do. I better get data and choose a wing first then. I love how AJ Hartman explains everything and has so much detailed data. I will check out Verus and Zebulon as well.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed. Class limit is 6", may as well build a 6" splitter. Mine isn't exactly 6 at every point, but it is at the largest section.

52723850065_1edfb78505_k.jpg
So clean...do you perhaps have some measurments/pics/tips I could follow to make it as clean as yours? The more info the better I feel before I even start measuring on my giant cardboard piece haha. My uncle is going to help me out as he has a full woodshop.

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
Understood will do. I better get data and choose a wing first then. I love how AJ Hartman explains everything and has so much detailed data. I will check out Verus and Zebulon as well.
You might call AJ, tell him you're building a wood one first, and ask if he will sell you the splitter rods and mounts.

He has a new rid now that has a pin insert, so you can lift up the splitter to load it on a trailer. I think it's more than an inch it will raise the splitter.

If something else similar exists, I've not seen it on the market. I wish I had them myself.

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
So clean...do you perhaps have some measurments/pics/tips I could follow to make it as clean as yours? The more info the better I feel before I even start measuring on my giant cardboard piece haha. My uncle is going to help me out as he has a full woodshop.
I don't have any measurements so to speak. I bought a cheap piece of plywood from home depot to build a template with before choosing my final material.

You might call AJ, tell him you're building a wood one first, and ask if he will sell you the splitter rods and mounts.

He has a new rid now that has a pin insert, so you can lift up the splitter to load it on a trailer. I think it's more than an inch it will raise the splitter.

If something else similar exists, I've not seen it on the market. I wish I had them myself.
Agree with this Idea from Wilto, although there are other options if you're not dealing with GT350 specific problems like all of the oil cooler lines. You'd save a ton of time by buying mounts.

Forum Member SpeedItalia offers a setup, as does Verus, AJ, LiquiVinyl, and numerous people use the universal set from Professional Awesome.

https://www.speeditaliaracing.com/product-page/s550-mustang-splitter-fast-release-system

https://www.verus-engineering.com/s...d-mustang-shelby-gt350-3071?category=21#attr=

https://ajhartmanaero.com/gt350-r-5-splitter-kit/

https://liquivinyl.com/products/lva-s550-mustang-chassis-mount-front-splitter-kit

https://www.professionalawesome.com...wesome-quick-release-splitter-support-system/

Most of my time was spent developing my mounts to clear the oil cooler lines and all of the ducting on the front of the GT350 that you don't have to worry about. I think Verus had quoted me around the same price as Speed Italia's setup for their hardware alone for reference.

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I don't have any measurements so to speak. I bought a cheap piece of plywood from home depot to build a template with before choosing my final material.

Agree with this Idea from Wilto, although there are other options if you're not dealing with GT350 specific problems like all of the oil cooler lines. You'd save a ton of time by buying mounts.

Forum Member SpeedItalia offers a setup, as does Verus, AJ, LiquiVinyl, and numerous people use the universal set from Professional Awesome.

https://www.speeditaliaracing.com/product-page/s550-mustang-splitter-fast-release-system

https://www.verus-engineering.com/s...d-mustang-shelby-gt350-3071?category=21#attr=

https://ajhartmanaero.com/gt350-r-5-splitter-kit/

https://liquivinyl.com/products/lva-s550-mustang-chassis-mount-front-splitter-kit

https://www.professionalawesome.com...wesome-quick-release-splitter-support-system/

Most of my time was spent developing my mounts to clear the oil cooler lines and all of the ducting on the front of the GT350 that you don't have to worry about. I think Verus had quoted me around the same price as Speed Italia's setup for their hardware alone for reference.
That's a great point. No oil cooler lines would have made the install so much easier.

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
I mounted my wing in an hour. My splitter took me about 3 months to build and design.
The splitter does take a while. I started my first one late into a xmas holiday break and I think that took about a month. Version 2 and It took just as long, but I'm much happier with the result. Better choices for materials and my woodworking improved a lot for V2.

My lexan spoiler was nice. The wing is better, but I'd still change things about my work on both of them. Structurally, I tend to overbuild a little bit, and I get a bit sloppy when working on stuff past about 9:30 at night.

Splitter 1.0 and the Lexan CAM spoiler.
IMG_4837.jpeg

Splitter 2.0 with Zebulon wing
IMG_6160.jpeg

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
The Speed Italia splitter mount looks great. Sorting the mounts out on a custom splitter IS the hardest part.

You need to decide if you're going to run the splitter all the time on the street or just to and from events.

Its possible to make a pretty painless QD mounting system IF you can keep the stock undertray on underneath the splitter and just poke a few holes through it. If you need to remove that undertray you better only be tracking the car, or else be prepared to spend a little while under the car each time you want to switch configurations from street to track. The factory undertray usually requires some coaxing going on/off and I wouldn't want to drive long distances without it (it keeps things on the road from bouncing up into your engine bay for one thing).

IMHO a 3" splitter might be too short, but I don't think you must do a full 6". There are some diminishing returns for length. I would definitely make sure to put in big diffuser ducts under there and drop it low to the ground (~3" or 3.5" off the pavement at the front) if you're doing a shorter splitter. Just know that with a 3" splitter you're going to wonder if that's why you're slower than the fast guys. With a 6" splitter you can sleep easily, confident that you just suck and its not your aero's fault.

Sponsored

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Just know that with a 3" splitter you're going to wonder if that's why you're slower than the fast guys. With a 6" splitter you can sleep easily, confident that you just suck and its not your aero's fault.
This was my strategy. Keeps me from blaming the equipment.

CobaltFilly

Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
First Name
Davis
Vehicle(s)
2016 3.7L V6 Mustang
Vehicle Showcase
The Speed Italia splitter mount looks great. Sorting the mounts out on a custom splitter IS the hardest part.

You need to decide if you're going to run the splitter all the time on the street or just to and from events.

Its possible to make a pretty painless QD mounting system IF you can keep the stock undertray on underneath the splitter and just poke a few holes through it. If you need to remove that undertray you better only be tracking the car, or else be prepared to spend a little while under the car each time you want to switch configurations from street to track. The factory undertray usually requires some coaxing going on/off and I wouldn't want to drive long distances without it (it keeps things on the road from bouncing up into your engine bay for one thing).

IMHO a 3" splitter might be too short, but I don't think you must do a full 6". There are some diminishing returns for length. I would definitely make sure to put in big diffuser ducts under there and drop it low to the ground (~3" or 3.5" off the pavement at the front) if you're doing a shorter splitter. Just know that with a 3" splitter you're going to wonder if that's why you're slower than the fast guys. With a 6" splitter you can sleep easily, confident that you just suck and its not your aero's fault.
Glorious writeup. I do want to run it permanently, so the LVA setup might be good for me since its cheaper and a perma mount. I will deal with low curbs and such.

and I do want to keep stock splitter with this new splitter fitting snug underneath.
Sponsored