cam2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
If hunting the latest and greatest is your thing, go for it. But as @xXANCHORMONXx said its not all about the horsepower. And @Sammy also has a great point about being hard to beat. This car is the type of car that leaves a mark, makes memories, extracts emotion. Take for example the new ZL1. It is faster, more powerful and yet it has not gained half the accolades of the GT350. It has not hit the automotive world's nerve per se. Why? Hard to pin point exactly but Ford did this right and I don't think the newer performance variant will detract much from the cars appeal and established driving credentials. After all, the newer model will be building on the GT350's platform and success. So the new really wont be so new just with more power.
Yes, the GT500 will be great from everything that has been predicted and what is expected. It will address the GT350s power deficit in a profound manner. The GT350 really should have more balls than it does costing 60 grand.
Sponsored

OP
OP
xXANCHORMONXx

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
If hunting the latest and greatest is your thing, go for it. But as @xXANCHORMONXx said its not all about the horsepower. And @Sammy also has a great point about being hard to beat. This car is the type of car that leaves a mark, makes memories, extracts emotion. Take for example the new ZL1. It is faster, more powerful and yet it has not gained half the accolades of the GT350. It has not hit the automotive world's nerve per se. Why? Hard to pin point exactly but Ford did this right and I don't think the newer performance variant will detract much from the cars appeal and established driving credentials. After all, the newer model will be building on the GT350's platform and success. So the new really wont be so new just with more power.

Perfect example of this.

My buddy has SS 1LE and goes to the race track periodically with me.

We both tow our cars with our own trucks. You won't believe how many cars slow down to take pics or to have me roll down the window.

The same goes for the paddock, whereas most people don't bat an eye with his car.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Yes, the GT500 will be great from everything that has been predicted and what is expected. It will address the GT350s power deficit in a profound manner. The GT350 really should have more balls than it does costing 60 grand.
Power deficit? Says who? It has the perfect amount power IMO for what it is meant to do. If you want more or a drag race/0-60 car, there are plenty of other great choices.

OP
OP
xXANCHORMONXx

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Not sure how it's a deficit.

The z28 was 70k and has less power?

It wasn't designated as an all out straight line car like the GT500 was.

The GT350 will and always be the track superstar.

Have you driven a GT350?

Shift

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
a Ford
Not sure how it's a deficit.

The z28 was 70k and has less power?

It wasn't designated as an all out straight line car like the GT500 was.

The GT350 will and always be the track superstar.

Have you driven a GT350?
Hes the "no hp = no care" crowd. Apparently 526 naturally aspirated hp is a joke to him.

Sponsored

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Hes the "no hp = no care" crowd. Apparently 526 naturally aspirated hp is a joke to him.
My buddy has a 13 GT500 with 800+ hp. He destroys me in a straight line. He has upgraded suspension components When we hit the back roads the tables are turned. You can only have so much power before you over power the chassis. the 13 GT500 weighed in near 4k lbs and so does the 17 ZL1. The S550 platform gained weight. How much will a S550 GT500 weigh? Probably 4k if not more. You can always add power but you subtract finesse and precision.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Don't feed the troll guys. Pretty sure this is the same exact fellow that has been banned countless times

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Hey [MENTION=11290]xXANCHORMONXx[/MENTION],
I've skipped this thread because I'm not in the SF area....
Thanks for letting us know about your engine. Sucks to have that happen to you and the others on this forum. Makes me groan everytime I hear of something like this...

Congrats on finding a service dept your comfortable with. Appreciate the deets on your fix, too!

Good luck w it all :cheers:

OP
OP
xXANCHORMONXx

xXANCHORMONXx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Hey [MENTION=11290]xXANCHORMONXx[/MENTION],
I've skipped this thread because I'm not in the SF area....
Thanks for letting us know about your engine. Sucks to have that happen to you and the others on this forum. Makes me groan everytime I hear of something like this...

Congrats on finding a service dept your comfortable with. Appreciate the deets on your fix, too!

Good luck w it all :cheers:
Ofcourse!

Here's a pic

Valve made a new hole in the head thus allowing coolant to backflow into every cylinder.
IMG_8424.JPG

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Ofcourse!

Here's a pic

Valve made a new hole in the head thus allowing coolant to backflow into every cylinder.
Guess that's what's called a catastrophic failure....

Last edited:

Sponsored

barstowpo

Witness Protection Prog
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gordon
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB GT350 Tech/Track hybrid, 2016 FPRS Car#17
That used to happen a lot on the old 427's with sodium filled valves. I guess some things never change.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
Ofcourse!

Here's a pic

I am surprised they got the green light to crack her open. I wish I could have seen mine to absolutely determine failure. I still think it was main bearing failure which caused the cam phaser to fail and explains the metal in the filter.

cam2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Don't feed the troll guys. Pretty sure this is the same exact fellow that has been banned countless times
What? Sorry to disappoint you but I just recently found this site, great forum!

5LTR550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Efren
Vehicle(s)
2018 Premium GT A10 401a 2017 Focus ST
Vehicle Showcase
Frontier ford used to have Darren Jackson. call and see if he is still there or if they have a replacement.
Sponsored