Sponsored

Safest Place To Store Your Mustang During A Hurricane

Where would you store your car during a hurricance if you had no garage.

• Public Storage

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Parking Garage

Votes: 51 59.3%
  • Stay at home & hope for the best

Votes: 13 15.1%
  • Other option ....

Votes: 20 23.3%

• Total voters

KiLLeR2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'89 240SX, '17 GT350
I'd say no to the parking garage idea because there is a good chance you won't get access to your vehicle for awhile and there will be looters out there. If you must go to a parking garage, I'd stay in the car and ride it out with my favorite weapon of choice.
Sponsored

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Evacuate

If you are in an evacuation area, I would say the safest place is somewhere not in Florida, with you in it.
I went over 100 miles North here in Texas & enjoyed a Hurricane party at the Dawghouse Saloon. Drove back the next day luckily to no damage from Harvey. Itbut 1st. was just a Cat. 1 and I blanketed and covered but when Harvey went up to a Cat 3/4 I drove away.
tn_20170404_191427.jpg

Last edited:

Kevin08

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
19GT
I went over 100 miles North here in Texas & enjoyed a Hurricane party at the Dawghouse Saloon. Drove back the next day luckily to no damage from Harvey. Itbut 1st. was just a Cat. 1 and I blanketed and covered but when Harvey went up to a Cat 3/4 I drove away.
Looks like it's also stored in the Upside Down. That is a scary place, my friend.

natepcbfl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Premium GTpp 50th AP ---- 1989 Mustang GT 25th Anniversary
Vehicle Showcase
Anyplace you store it where a hurricane is going to hit can be subject to flooding (storage inside cant stop this) and 150 - 180+ mph winds which can easily tear down a structure. The safest place is going to be where a hurricane is not. I don't have much of a choice in Alabama with tornados as they are not predictable. However if I had a week notice my house was about to get slammed by a hurricane I would be out of there well before anything bad went down. Hanging out only causes more issues in the end. More damage to property (I'll ride it out theory) and strain on emergency services by people staying when they should have and could have left.

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
Looks like it's also stored in the Upside Down. That is a scary place, my friend.
This is a good idea.

If the car is stuck to the ceiling it probably can't get flooded.

Reactions: Ebm

Sponsored

OP
OP
GTRacerX.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
It's Alive !!!

Yeah Parking Garage Idea worked like a charm. No chance for flooding parked in the middle of the garage. The only thing that happened was a bunch of paint chips from the roof of the garage covered my car. Thought it was cement at first but it wasn't. Covered in dust too. Washed her yesterday and did a visual inspection of the paint all around - Not a scratch ! Next time I am putting a car
cover on her. Will post pictures later. On the home front - no damage and the Ford Flex was parked near the house and a wall - no damage. My Ford Flex's rear AC has not worked for over a year, somehow Irma fixed it - works great.
Backyard - had a tree limb I wanted to cut down, Irma took care of that too. :D

Last edited:

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Yea we got lucky too. I had my GT in the garage raised up about 8 inches and my bike raised about a foot on the bike lift and sand bags against the closed garage door.

Had 2 PVC fence post get loose and leaning. Got some concrete mix for that and had to do some raking from the oak tree missing some branches and leaves. We just got our power restored last night. Thank God for my generator which hooks up to the house so we had everything we needed except the tv.

ScottsGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT, DIB
Glad to hear you guys made it through ok. That was one hell of a storm!

parajax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convert
My GT convertible spent the hurricane in my Jacksonville hospitals 2nd floor cement parking garage. Me, I spent 2 nights on the floor in my office. Both of us made it unscathed. Rather thrilling experience.
So sad to see all the other destruction in Texas, South FL and Caribbean.

Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1

AGM2018

Except for your 91 octane gas. :D

TRUE! But I simply said it was a "safe place to store your (a) mustang during a hurricane." I don't reside in the great state of Arizona! :headbang:
Sponsored